Raleigh, NC
Students enrolled: 1,082

East Millbrook Middle 1

Posted May 06, 2015
This school is HORRIBLE! I have two children that have attended this school and our experiences were absolutely horrible. As a parent you want the best for your child, THIS school IS NOT it. Some teachers have a "I don't have time to deal with this" or "It's not my responsibility" type attitude, the admins are absolutely two-faced, half do not know what certain protocols are suppose to be in place when asked by a parent and say whatever to appease you. ALL children learn differently as well as adults and it's a set standard of teaching no adjustments are made for certain children. Stereotypes are at an all time high, to get situations handle are like pulling teeth. Administration give excuses, and will say anything to save their jobs. My children had been bullied almost everyday and when they told the teacher about it, the bullying, name calling, and constant peer pressure worsened when the teachers weren't around. I am bewildered at how Admin told me that my children needed to come and tell them for they have no tolerance for bullying, but the school has at least 1-2 fights at the school A DAY!!! What is a child to do if they do admin or teachers and it makes it worse????

Posted May 09, 2014
i attend East Millbrook and i am an eighth grader on the Jaguars team and i absolutely love you constantly learn alot and are being pushed to succeed everything is absolutely perfect except one teacher which is Rodrigo Rojas who is that absolutely the worst teacher ever....if you want your child to take Spanish refer to Clay herget.

Posted April 29, 2014
I LOVEEEE East Millbrook Middle!! . I made a bunch of friends. Also there are many cultures that enrolled in this middle school. I recommend that more students enroll in this school. There are three 6th grade teams: Lions(my team), the Tigers team, and the panthers. The teachers are nice, however a few teachers( I'm not gonna mention them ) that can be a bit annoying and very difficult( homework wise). Other than that, East Millbrook Magnet Middle School is the best middle school EEVVEERR!!!!!

Posted April 03, 2014
East Millbrook is an International Baccalaureate (IB) and A+ for Creative Arts Magnet Middle School. Our dual magnet program is available to all students, our base population and student that apply to attend. Students at our school are exposed to rigorous academic curriculum and superior fine and creative arts program. Our students love the diverse population and teachers that are committed to their success. I love East Millbrook and believe that additional funds will strengthen our STEM (Science, technology, engineering and mathematic) especially the technology component -- more computer equipment for our dynamic students.

Posted February 05, 2014
I AM A STUDENT AT EAST MILLBROOK AND I LOVE IT THERE THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
Im not sure how a person can put such a low rating on a school if their child doesnt even attend. Both my children currently attend this school and I have been nothing but satisfied. The teachers work great with the parents, some go above and beyond by calling you. The administration is strict, but in this day and age thats a GOOD THING. Both my children have had a great experience and I highly recommend this school.

Posted September 11, 2013
East Millbrook is a wonderful place for child to learn and grow into a young adult!!!

East Millbrook Middle 1

Posted September 10, 2013
Unsafe school with self-serving administration. Poor facilities, unruly students, disinterested parents are the norm. I would not send my children to this school.

Posted February 28, 2013
My daughter is now an 8th Grader at East Millbrook Middle School. Her experience there has overall been very good. The majority of the teachers have been fantastic and have gone well above and beyond. The few minor challenges we had were addressed immediately by the principal. In my daughter s 8th grade year, her 7th grade math teacher volunteered to come to school at 6:45 am to give my daughter extra help and support. If you are an engaged parent, your child should have a very good experience at this school.

Posted February 19, 2013
My child is now an 8th grader at EMMS who is AG identified and the issues we have had are extremely minimal. Like with ANY school, there are teachers who should choose another profession, however, they have been few. I have always been an involved parent and made it known to my children's teachers that we are in it together. If you are not involved with your child's teacher and do not present a unified front to your child, you are doing a dis-service to your child. We have enjoyed the teachers and the activities. She is will miss the school next year.

East Millbrook Middle
3801 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified East Millbrook Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Millbrook Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top