Posted February 08, 2014
My son has been at this school for 4years and it has been an extremely wonderful experience. The staff are ALL loving and caring for them as children as well as super encouraging & promotional of them as individuals. My son is challenged in his learning individually without feeling frustrated or overwhelmed. Lastly, I am so excited about the ease & constant communication that comes home from school keeping parents informed of events & opportunities. They run a pretty consistent & strict yet loving and fair environment. I am also very proud & impressed that the principal & assistant principal are present & involved with activities/programs. I love sharing Dante (my son) with the the Green team and can't wait for my daughter BellaRose to experience the same. Mel Wilson

Posted October 09, 2013
My son is in K and I find this school to be exceptional in thier teaching and caring. My son has come home and told me what he has learned and the leadership teachings are being instilled in him at such a young age. The teachers are courteous to students but firm. If there is a problem they seem to take care of it. I feel very safe about sending my child to this school. He is learning Mandrian Chinese and being in K that is alot to retain, but he is doing great.

Green Elementary 4

Posted October 08, 2013
This is my children first year at Green and we were greeted with arms. The teachers and personnel were friendly and happy to see us. During open house the PTA took time out to invite all parents to get involved with the cause of parent/teacher involvement. I appreciate the teacher s initiative to communicate with parents to be aware of what s going on in the classroom. The leader s at Green show their dedication to enhance the learning experience of every child.

Green Elementary 4

Posted October 25, 2010
I like that it is a relatively small (~500 students) school. I think the administration listens to parents and the teachers seem to really care about the kids. The office staff is always friendly and helpful. I like that teachers that I don't even know greet my child by name. The facilities are old and worn. It will be nice when the economy improves and some structural improvements can be made.

Posted September 16, 2009
This is a diverse school with a can do attitude that is great!!!

Posted March 30, 2009
My son went to Green Elementary on suggestion from his tutor (he has an IEP for reading and writing) for his fifth grade year. Green has an exceptional special education department with caring and knowledgeable teachers who go above and beyond the call of duty. This was his first experience in public school ever and it was a pleasant one for him. I liked the smaller class size (there were 21 kids in his class) and the year around schedule. He was on Track two and his teacher always had interesting elements to add to her subject material. The principal and vice principal were always accessible. The front office was always very helpful.

Posted March 26, 2008
My son is in 1st grade and has had a wonderful time so far. I was nervous b/c people had said the community at Green had gotten lazy, but that has not been my experience. Both his teachers were great and he has learned so much. The principal knew his name after only a few weeks and he was out to greet everyone often. I am pleased I chose to stay here.

Posted November 27, 2007
I am new to area and love this school. Teachers call my child by name and she is not in their class or grade. It's warm, friendly, and has a standard of academic excellence. My child really enjoys Green Year Round. She is in 5th grade...will be sad to leave such a wonderful environment.

Posted February 21, 2006

Posted January 11, 2005
Green is an A++ school. My children have been in the year round school system at Green since 1996. They are now in 5th and 8th grades. The parent involvement is incredible at this school. We have had 100% participation in the PTA each year. The PTA provides family involement activities several times a year with activities such as family game night, our annual staff talent show, and a fall festival. The staff is top notch and teach the Wake County curriculum with the most up to date methods. This school has a wonderful music and art program. The PTA also provides a Cultural Arts program to educate the children, incorporating dance and music from other cultural backgrounds. I would highly recommend Green Year-Round and only wish there were a high school so that my kids could continue on the same schedule.

Green Elementary
5307 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified Green Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.