Posted September 23, 2013
This is the last year my children will be at Lacy, and I am very happy. Yes, Lacy has clicks, but overall, it's a great school. Dr Grant is an excellent principal and there are plenty of parents who volunteer for everything. The Lacy foundation pays for teachers assistants, special classes like Spanish and technology in the classroom. Not perfect - no school is - but pretty close!

Lacy Elementary 2

Posted February 16, 2013
expect cliques. Large ones. expect bullying. expect vanilla education. enjoy the private foundation fundraising for your child's seat. enough said

Posted May 15, 2011
Beautiful school with an army of involved parents. Our first grade teacher and assistant teacher were AMAZING. I tear up each time I think about how I will never be able to thank them enough for being so wonderful. Very nice kids. The atmosphere is welcoming. Everyone makes eye contact, smiles and cares.

Lacy Elementary 2

Posted October 12, 2010
Parents beware....Communicaton between teacher and parent is horrible. Diversity training should be essential for some of the school staff. We had issues from the teacher disclosing personal student medical information to other classmates, underreporting of injuries on school grounds, not taking appropriate medical care/action of injured children. Parent input and concerns are totally ignored when it comes to your child. We've had reports from my kid about the teacher getting so angry that she would turn red (from a child's mouth). They used to love school, but by midyear, never wanted to go. Phone calls are not returned and/or ignored. The principal didn't seem to care. Should be reported for inappropriate behavior all the way around. We were told that this school was fabulous, but it is not true from our experience.We got a really bad teacher & unfortunately she left a lasting impression.

Posted September 25, 2009
I take my son to Pre school there, amazing teachers in his classroom; My interaction with other school staff just as positive, my son who normally does not like change and and unfamiliar settings... Loves going to school. Its a very safe and clean enviroment for kids!

Posted June 30, 2009
Every staff member (- from the principal to the custodians -) is outstanding. Each child is treated with respect and encouraged to do thier best academically and socially. Any social pressures felt by parents, as mentioned in a previous review, are created by the parent., not the school or the outstanding educational environment.

Posted January 30, 2009
Lacy is a great school as of now; time will tell if the BoE's determination to strip long-time nodes out of it harms it or not. I tend to think not, as the remaining families are extremely committed to being involved constantly. The high points have been named by those before me, even if it's ben 2 years since anyone reviewed it. Test scores continue to rise. My child has been there 1.5 years now, and she loves Lacy and we love how well she interacts with the variety of students racially, socio-economically, English-proficiency, and just general aptitude. And she does not receive any favors or extraordinary attention (compared to others). Her report card, with mostly 3*'s (4 is the highest) spends more time on the person she is than how she's doing with the 3 R's. That is the testament to the school's value and parental involvement

Posted December 21, 2007

Posted April 19, 2007

Posted November 16, 2006
Lacy Elementary is a wonderful school. The principal knows every kid by name and is very warm and welcoming, regardless of socio-economic status. Thanks to the fabulous, caring teachers, my son went from not being able to read at all at the beginning of 1st grade, to being a book worm now! Fall Festival, Lacy family picnic, the book fair and the math/science night are all great fun. My children love Lacy, and they are receiving a quality education.

Lacy Elementary
2001 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh, NC  27607
Last modified Lacy Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lacy Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.