Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Lynn Road has some of the best teachers in Wake County. Their dedication is amazing.

This is our 9th and final year at Lynn Road. If I could travel back in time and pick any school in the county for my kindergartener, I would absolutely pick Lynn Road all over again. My children have thrived and grown in ways I could not have imagined. All of our teachers have gone out of their way to personally connect with our family. My children have been challenged and taught well. Lynn Road is not just a school, it is a community. We will be sad to leave but happy to close our elementary school chapter with such amazing memories and relationships. A huge thank you to Kim Grant and the entire staff at Lynn Road. You have made elementary school an incredibly special time in our lives.

Both of my children have attended Lynn Road Elementary. One of my children is still there and will graduate from 5th Grade in June. What I love about Lynn Road Elementary School is the Education they provide to the children, and the way the Principal Mrs. Grant always leads by example. It is never uncommon to find her serving in carpool, at one of the family fun nights, etc. As with all schools children will get into some situations, but the way the teachers are able to diffuse drama, bullying etc. is commendable. The teachers are educators first and will push children in a positive way. There are teachers who remind me of the old school ones I had when I was in elementary school. Thee are the ones who will not fall for the okey doke when it comes to homework being done and classwork also. Teachers in this school are always serving whether it's in the classroom or in the carpool line. It's also a school that is supportive of family, and that's very important. In my opinion home is the first school, a child will ever learn from. With Lynn Road being such a family oriented school, that community support is highly necessary. When my son was there he had a teacher who seemed to be hard on him, but she was that way because she seen his potential. She pushed him in that way for him to remain focused and I appreciate that. Please know your child will have a good education if they attended Lynn Road Elementary School.

This is our second year at Lynn Road and we couldn't be happier. My daughter adores her teacher and has made some great friends. I can really feel the sense of community throughout the school. The administration has been extremely helpful when we had an issue with my daughter's behavior. She has a one-on-one staff member as a "Lion Pal" who checks in on her daily and I have really appreciated the extra support. I have definitely seen an improvement now. We are trying after-school clubs this year and I am excited to give my daughter an outlet for her "dramatic side". I have also heard that their data has shown great improvement recently and were 1 of 3 schools who exceeded growth in the district last year. This has raised their grade from a D to a C! I credit this to what they call "Team Time" where all students in a grade level are grouped according to their ability on a single standard. Each teacher takes a group and instructs them on their specific level, including enrichment and remediation. In addition, the teachers are very dedicated and no child gets left behind. I highly recommend you take a look at Lynn Road where everybody knows your name!

This is our 3rd year at Lynn Road and my son could not be happier! He enjoys going to school everyday and he loves his teachers so much that he actually hates when there is a sub!! I mean, really, what kid doesn't want a sub from time to time... Lynn Road kids!! I truly believe we have the best teachers in the county! All of the teachers I have dealt with have been very attentive to my child. Both he and our family have felt the support. Since new administration entered our school two years ago there has been a great improvement. I'm so happy that Lynn Road is our base school, I would not want my kids going anywhere else!

Lynn Road has really made a turn for the better in the past few years! We've been going there for four years, and there is a huge difference. New administrators entered in the Fall of 2013, and since then, the school has made great strides in creating a safe environment for students. I know "bullying" was a concern in the past, but my children come home happy and the teachers and administrators have been very responsive to questions and concerns. The school has also started "clubs", which are like electives and the PTA has put in place other after-school activities that my kids adore. The teachers my kids have had were responsive and kept me informed of how my children were doing, and I felt welcomed in the school. Lynn Road is a hidden gem--don't miss out!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There are many newer teachers in the school. I had nieces and nephews who went to Lynn Road a few years ago, and many of the "bad apples" have moved on.

This school is not what it seemed when me and my husband first toured it. We were sold that they would do everything they could to be there for my kids and made sure they thrived. I went to the school several times for bully's. My daughter had several issues with bully's and all they did was give them negative points so they could not attend a stupid dance. One kid even hit my daughter in the head with a book bag and they still did nothing. Nothing was done until I got irate with them for not protecting my daughter. Had several meeting with my kids teachers and none of them were as helpful then the substitute that sat in for them. I can go on and on but I will be on here for hours. They will not attend next school term.

We have some of the best teachers in Wake Co!!!!They are dedicated, carrying and committed to teaching. Our turn over rates are below the state and county averages. If LRES Is your base school---take a tour before you look anywhere else.

LRES has been an amazing school for our child. With a strong admin, and a staff that ensures each student exceeds in academic growth, we're proud to be LRES Lions. Numbers are never the whole story. When we first began selecting a school, we were nervous and we recv'd feedback from everyone, even people who had n-e-v-e-r set foot in the school. I m glad we didn't let unclear data & unfounded opinion sway us. We did our homework, toured the school, and talked to the staff. Our son has excelled at Lynn Road academically, socially, and in a way I think we overlook: as a member of a community. Community is a big deal at Lynn Road. Our kids will grow up to work/lead in a globally diverse environment. We consider it a major asset that our child s classmates create/ thrive in an environment of mutual respect. There was an issue w/ bullying (it happens, kids bully) but the admin addressed the situation swiftly and my son never felt unsupported. We tried a Magnate school for 1 yr and the bullying was atrocious. Their admin did nothing. With more room, I'd brag about our new clubs program (Robotics, Odyssey, Drama, etc.)! LRES is the school to watch. Consider being a Lynn Rd Lion, too.

Last modified Lynn Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.