Lynn Road Elementary 2

Posted May 06, 2014
This school is not what it seemed when me and my husband first toured it. We were sold that they would do everything they could to be there for my kids and made sure they thrived. I went to the school several times for bully's. My daughter had several issues with bully's and all they did was give them negative points so they could not attend a stupid dance. One kid even hit my daughter in the head with a book bag and they still did nothing. Nothing was done until I got irate with them for not protecting my daughter. Had several meeting with my kids teachers and none of them were as helpful then the substitute that sat in for them. I can go on and on but I will be on here for hours. They will not attend next school term.

Lynn Road Elementary 4

Posted March 11, 2014
We have some of the best teachers in Wake Co!!!!They are dedicated, carrying and committed to teaching. Our turn over rates are below the state and county averages. If LRES Is your base school---take a tour before you look anywhere else.

Posted March 10, 2014
LRES has been an amazing school for our child. With a strong admin, and a staff that ensures each student exceeds in academic growth, we're proud to be LRES Lions. Numbers are never the whole story. When we first began selecting a school, we were nervous and we recv'd feedback from everyone, even people who had n-e-v-e-r set foot in the school. I m glad we didn't let unclear data & unfounded opinion sway us. We did our homework, toured the school, and talked to the staff. Our son has excelled at Lynn Road academically, socially, and in a way I think we overlook: as a member of a community. Community is a big deal at Lynn Road. Our kids will grow up to work/lead in a globally diverse environment. We consider it a major asset that our child s classmates create/ thrive in an environment of mutual respect. There was an issue w/ bullying (it happens, kids bully) but the admin addressed the situation swiftly and my son never felt unsupported. We tried a Magnate school for 1 yr and the bullying was atrocious. Their admin did nothing. With more room, I'd brag about our new clubs program (Robotics, Odyssey, Drama, etc.)! LRES is the school to watch. Consider being a Lynn Rd Lion, too.

Lynn Road Elementary 2

Posted January 30, 2014
I went to Lynn Road Elementary for all of my elementary aged years, K-5. I am now a 6th grader, so I was at LRES from 2007-2013. I had a very good experience at LRES in my first half of Kindergarten (2007) before the school got huge "improvements". There were many good teachers and staff members in my first year, but grades 1-5, I had bad experiences with bullying and teachers that did not seem to handle things well. Bullying was always a terrible thing for me while attending Lynn Road, and teachers usually did nothing about it. There are many good teachers at Lynn Road, and the education is fairly decent. There are some ways that teachers have taught that I always questioned; my parents did not think it was effective. Lynn Road Elementary is not all bad, but I would not suggest going here or recommend it.

Posted September 24, 2013
I must say that, although there have been slight communication issues and a couple of bullying situations that maybe could have been handled more effectively (although the outcome was what I thought it should be), I've been very pleased with Lynn Road Elementary. Overall, my child's experience has been very positive. There seem to be resources for every type of student, and most teachers are creative and try to make the learning process as "fun" as possible. The school is using a new platform called Classroom DoJo. I think is a wonderful way to keep parents up-to-date with their child's progress and also for the student to track his/her own progress on a weekly basis. There are appropriate rewards for students from all backgrounds who exhibit positive behavior/character traits and scholastic achievements throughout the year. The after-school program is top notch and has been a life saver for me. I have been very pleased with Lynn Road Elementary and feel sure that will continue.

Posted January 19, 2013
What a blessing this school has been to many, many families. The teachers and staff work so hard to individualize for each child. Because the school is Title 1, there are lots of resources at the school to make sure that the needs of each child are being met. Teams of teachers meet weekly to map out education plans and discuss best practices. The school is warm and friendly and the staff truly love the students. My children love school!

Lynn Road Elementary 1

Posted December 03, 2012
Lynn road was a great school when my oldest went k-5 which was over 6 yrs ago. My child now has been there going her 4th year and it has been horrible the whole time. While I liked her teachers overall the administrations lacks and have had teachers in the past say that. My daughter is a year behind and is not getting adequate help. There is such disruption and unruly children with no discipline. The bullying and mean children is overly abundant. I have even had my child picked on by a teacher that wasn't her own. I would not recommend this school at all not until the higher ups either change or new people come in and add backbone to the school

Posted July 31, 2012
My son goes to Lynn Road and we love everything about the school. The teachers are happy to be there everyday and the school itself is bright with lots of windows. Every morning in carpool the principal greets the children by name and they all seem to love her. My son just loved kindergarten and because of the wonderful staff he is counting down to first grade.

Posted November 03, 2011
We've been at Lynn Road Elementary for 5 years now and have been happier each year. The adminstration and the teaching staff are outstanding and have an open door policy. Any concerns, questions or comments I've had have always been welcome and have always been addressed appropriately. We are very active in the PTA and their events and have found it to be a great way to not only get to know other parents, but know the majority of the children. Lynn Road has become a home away from home and a place where my child has felt appreciated, challenged, encouraged and loved. Lynn Road is our base school and I wouldn't change for anything.

Posted November 02, 2011
This is our 5th year at Lynn Rd. Elementary. I have 2 children that attend there, and another that will start next year. I absolutely love the staff and cannot say enough good things about them. I feel that they care about each and every student, and that they want to make the best learning experience for each child, dependent on individual needs. Because we are a Title 1 school, there are many resources to help classroom teachers with students that need additional help, and the teacher can devote time to challenging students that need that as well. The Principal is just awesome - she knows each student by name and welcomes interaction with all parents/ families. The PTA is very involved and really tries to enhance the learning experience for all children. There is such a sense of community within the school, that goes beyond the classroom. We actually requested a transfer to Lynn Rd. because we did not care for the program offered by our base school; we would not choose to attend any where else.

Lynn Road Elementary
1601 Lynn Road, Raleigh, NC  27612
Last modified Lynn Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynn Road Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.