Bad
Good

Posted April 02, 2015
This school is a wonderful place to work. The staff is dedicated to helping students find their strengths and showing them the impact they can have on the world. We are happy to welcome our new principal and look forward to adding her to our school family!

Posted November 10, 2014
This school is a truly amazing place for learning! There is such a high quality level of teaching that goes beyond a traditional public school. The teachers are committed to fostering development of the whole child and work diligently to communicate the strengths and areas of improvement for students so they can be successful. Students are always engaged in learning and that's possible because of the amazing staff at Millbrook Elementary Magnet School. Thank you!!!

Posted August 08, 2014
Everyone I have encountered has been pleasant and helpful! The children come from a wide range of backgrounds and are taught based on their needs. It is the perfect place for my son to learn to be open minded, show empathy, and challenge himself academically.

Millbrook Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
I have to agree with some of the other people and state that it is very awkward to walk into the office and just have everyone look blankly at you. However, I am more concerned with the fact that no one seems to want to take the steps to deal with some of the behavior problems that I have seen in the school. I have witnessed kids crying because they have been physically and verbally threaten. When I attempted to bring it to someone s attention it seemed like I was bothering them. I have a degree in counseling and I am trained to recognize various behavior problems in people. I also witnessed some teachers yelling at kids for no reason, which I found very disturbing. I personally would be scared to send my child to that school.

Posted March 24, 2014
Millbrook Elementary Magnet School is a wonderful place for all children. We are proud of our diverse population! Children come from all different types of backgrounds and learn that together they can create a better and more peaceful world. The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme has been successfully implemented at Millbrook for 10 years. The reason for this is the high quality teachers that work with students no matter what their academic background or experiences are like. We have specialized teachers who work with children who are academically gifted all the way to children with severe learning disabilities. We are proud to be a school with effective teachers who instill in children that continuing to make growth is what is important. Come to our school to experience our family of lifelong learners!

Posted February 23, 2014
Millbrook Elementary Magnet School has been my school for 12 years and 3 kids. It is so sad that this is our last year there. The staff is the best in Wake County and everyone in that building is committed to the success of every student. It amazes me when teachers who have never had my son, connect him to me and are noticing progress he is making. The PYP program really encourages my son to be invested in his learning. My two sons who moved on from MEMS are both A students and have adapted well to middle school and high school. This school is more than a school it is a family!

Posted June 10, 2013
I am a high school teacher, as well as a parent of a rising first grader. Millbrook has been an excellent choice. Their Primary Years Programme for the IB program is amazing, the teachers are outstanding, and I am always impressed by how involved the PTSA is. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a highly organized, caring environment, with emphasis on diversity, team-building, along with high academic standards.

Posted April 05, 2013
My son is a fifth grader at Millbrook Elementary Magnet school and I couldn't have chosen a better school. Since kindergarten the teachers have been involved and were clear about their expectations for success for all students. The principal and teachers are concerned about students learning and not always focused on teaching for a test. The EOG does not cause anxiety for my son or parents as easily passed every year. My son will be ready for any Middle school because Millbrook and Parents worked hand in hand.

Posted November 02, 2011
Test scores also don't tell the whole truth. There are schools that do nothing but teach to the test - ensuring wonderful EOG results - but at the expense of other essential things that build well rounded and capable students. Test scores are one dimension. It's something they are continuing to work on. Test scores are not the most important thing to us when looking at schools - everyone is different though. The Teacher survey results were far more meaningful.

Posted October 29, 2011
I am a proud parent of a 4th grader and 2nd grader at MEMS! We have been involved at the school since 2007 when my 4th grader was in kindergarten. We love the school! Everything in life is what you make of it. Some people will always see things half full. I can't stand when people say read between the lines. All children are special and deserve top notch teachers. ALL STUDENTS!!!! The school is diverse. It is what we love!! The children need to learn from each other and yes other cultures. Our school has one of the highest number of teachers that are nationally board certified and/or have higher level degrees. The teachers at our school are very dedicated. They differentiate for all students. Both of my students have been placed in groups to advance them. I have not ever seen them not being challenged. My son is now an AG student because of the hard work his primary grade teachers placed in him. This school is dedicated to finding what each individual child needs. It is what I love about it!! Our administration is wonderful as well. You can write what your child needs to be successful and they try and accommodate your request. :) It is a Great School!

Millbrook Elementary School
1520 East Millbrook Rd, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified Millbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.