Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

In 2014-15 was impressed with the magnet program under the leadership of Paula Trantham enough to sign my daughter up for a glorious first year in kindergarten. She was nurtured, taught, and guided down the path towards the many successes that I hoped for her future. I was proud to call Millbrook Elementary our school. The following year Mrs. Trantham left and the school slowly began to deteriorate in both quality of education and overall behavior/structure. Many of the teachers that had been at Millbrook left and the overall climate of the school was tense at best. The programs that my daughter and other children responded so well to were removed. The halls that were once so inviting and fresh seemed stressed and suffocating. My son also entered Millbrook that year and attended the same kindergarten class my daughter had been a part of. His experience was drastically different. He became very withdrawn despite the encouragement of his teachers. He would come home with scratches and bite marks to which the teacher explained came from a student who admin would send back to the classroom over and over. My daughter couldn't focus. Other students were constantly disrupting the teachers instruction, throwing furniture, screaming, hitting other students, etc. I watched my bright eyed daughter who had started so far ahead begin to fall behind. I want to be very clear that the teachers in this school are exceptional educators and some of the best I have seen. However, it is clear that they are not supported and the students are running the classrooms. I quickly decided to pull both of my children from the IB program I so loved because I could no longer watch them struggle to learn in an impossible environment. Perhaps I am deepening the issue(s) by doing this, but I am a mother and this goes far beyond having a difficult teacher one year. So, I decided to write this review for all the other mothers out there who want and need an honest review of what you can expect when your child attends a school of this caliber. I pray things change.....after all, only one way to go from here.

This school is a wonderful place to work. The staff is dedicated to helping students find their strengths and showing them the impact they can have on the world. We are happy to welcome our new principal and look forward to adding her to our school family!

This school is a truly amazing place for learning! There is such a high quality level of teaching that goes beyond a traditional public school. The teachers are committed to fostering development of the whole child and work diligently to communicate the strengths and areas of improvement for students so they can be successful. Students are always engaged in learning and that's possible because of the amazing staff at Millbrook Elementary Magnet School. Thank you!!!

Everyone I have encountered has been pleasant and helpful! The children come from a wide range of backgrounds and are taught based on their needs. It is the perfect place for my son to learn to be open minded, show empathy, and challenge himself academically.

I have to agree with some of the other people and state that it is very awkward to walk into the office and just have everyone look blankly at you. However, I am more concerned with the fact that no one seems to want to take the steps to deal with some of the behavior problems that I have seen in the school. I have witnessed kids crying because they have been physically and verbally threaten. When I attempted to bring it to someone s attention it seemed like I was bothering them. I have a degree in counseling and I am trained to recognize various behavior problems in people. I also witnessed some teachers yelling at kids for no reason, which I found very disturbing. I personally would be scared to send my child to that school.

Millbrook Elementary Magnet School is a wonderful place for all children. We are proud of our diverse population! Children come from all different types of backgrounds and learn that together they can create a better and more peaceful world. The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme has been successfully implemented at Millbrook for 10 years. The reason for this is the high quality teachers that work with students no matter what their academic background or experiences are like. We have specialized teachers who work with children who are academically gifted all the way to children with severe learning disabilities. We are proud to be a school with effective teachers who instill in children that continuing to make growth is what is important. Come to our school to experience our family of lifelong learners!

Millbrook Elementary Magnet School has been my school for 12 years and 3 kids. It is so sad that this is our last year there. The staff is the best in Wake County and everyone in that building is committed to the success of every student. It amazes me when teachers who have never had my son, connect him to me and are noticing progress he is making. The PYP program really encourages my son to be invested in his learning. My two sons who moved on from MEMS are both A students and have adapted well to middle school and high school. This school is more than a school it is a family!

I am a high school teacher, as well as a parent of a rising first grader. Millbrook has been an excellent choice. Their Primary Years Programme for the IB program is amazing, the teachers are outstanding, and I am always impressed by how involved the PTSA is. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a highly organized, caring environment, with emphasis on diversity, team-building, along with high academic standards.

My son is a fifth grader at Millbrook Elementary Magnet school and I couldn't have chosen a better school. Since kindergarten the teachers have been involved and were clear about their expectations for success for all students. The principal and teachers are concerned about students learning and not always focused on teaching for a test. The EOG does not cause anxiety for my son or parents as easily passed every year. My son will be ready for any Middle school because Millbrook and Parents worked hand in hand.

Test scores also don't tell the whole truth. There are schools that do nothing but teach to the test - ensuring wonderful EOG results - but at the expense of other essential things that build well rounded and capable students. Test scores are one dimension. It's something they are continuing to work on. Test scores are not the most important thing to us when looking at schools - everyone is different though. The Teacher survey results were far more meaningful.

Last modified Millbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.