Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We just moved to Raleigh from Michigan and my 8 year old daughter really likes going to school everyday. She is constantly challenged with her curriculum and, is excelling in all areas. We are very happy she attends this school, and are also very pleased with her progress. Last comment, her teachers are very involved with her, and WANT her to succeed in all aspects of school. Pleased parents.

My 2 youngest sons both attend NRE, one in 5th grade and the other in 2nd grade. I am overall really pleased with the school, the staff is very friendly and easy to talk to. In my experience, any issues are addressed and sorted promptly. My 5th grader gets homework every day and is challenged where necessary ensuring he is being well prepared for middle school. Communication with school is also good, via email, phone etc. My sons' teachers are experienced and attentive and enforce discipline. There are lots of events and fun things after school, the STEM night is a must!

The principal is dedicated to the students and the teachers are so caring! We love our school!

We have been so pleased with how attentive, personable, involved and approachable the principal, vice principal, teachers, Kindergarten counselor and other staff have been at our son's school. We are so glad that we chose to have him attend NRE. It's also nice as a parent to get to be involved volunteering in the classroom on occasion--our son really likes his Kindergarten teacher and so do we!

North Ridge provides a nurturing, family-like atmosphere, despite its larger enrollment. The parents are very involved and the PTA is strong. We have an administrative team that is on top of best practices in education and hands on with most aspects of the school, while also excellent at keeping things fun. The administrators are very approachable. With one 4th grader and one Kindergartener, we have been very pleased with our NRE experience.

We love North Ridge, and our girls love it too! The staff is wonderful to work with. They have gone out of their way to help me when needed. The other night we rode by my husband's Elementary school. He commented on how much he loved his school. Both girls chimed in by saying they love their school too. It means a lot when kids have a good experience when they are young. Our girls love learning and love school. North Ridge has been a big part of that. We have been so lucky to be a part of this great school.

I love this school! My daughter started kindergarten here, and she's now in 3rd grade. They have an awesome principle, the staff is very nice. They have fun things during the year. I would give this school and A++

When visiting and touring schools for our first child, North Ridge won hands-down, out of the five we considered. Our daughter has a special need- and we need to be sure that she would be in the best place possible to help her succeed. Her Kindergarten and subsequent Elementary years would be the basis on which the rest of her schooling would rely. From our first visit, the Principal came out of a lunch meeting to speak with us, potential newcomers, and spent twenty minutes answering my questions. On my tour, I noticed that the school, though not brand new, felt "home-y", with glitter on some floors, and artwork hung outside every room, and the sound of quiet, respectful students. We were sold. Two years in, our daughter is doing so well and is even being exited from the Special Needs program! Her teachers have been wonderful, communicative, and helpful. She has made wonderful friends and has learned so much. We are now registering her younger brother for Kindergarten- our base school is not NRES. To be sure we are having him transferred to North Ridge as we are positive he, like his sister, will have the best foundation of learning, and love of learning at this school.

We have been at North Ridge Elementary for 5 years now and the school has gone from "good" to "great" in our opinion! The teachers and staff are fantastic. Our children feel safe, cared about, and respected at North Ridge. They have been supported, challenged, and reinforced by their teachers, who are always very responsive to any questions or requests that we have. Last year, my son's 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Demay, even went out of her way to attend his after-school baseball games. Also, last year my daughter's 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Donnelly, went out on maternity leave but she 'visited' the kids from her home via skype and they loved knowing that she was thinking of them- even as she was at home caring for her newborn. The Principal, Mr. Soutter, and Assistant Principal, Ms. Rich are heavily invested in the lives of our children ... they know them by name and make each child feel special and one-of-a-kind. North Ridge has a top-notch PTA that values the importance of supporting the students AND the staff! I have no reservations about recommending North Ridge Elementary to anyone!

I love the involvement of the families of the students. The facilty stays on top of issues and really listens to feedback from parents.

Last modified North Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.