Posted November 23, 2014
I love this school! My daughter started kindergarten here, and she's now in 3rd grade. They have an awesome principle, the staff is very nice. They have fun things during the year. I would give this school and A++

Posted March 24, 2014
When visiting and touring schools for our first child, North Ridge won hands-down, out of the five we considered. Our daughter has a special need- and we need to be sure that she would be in the best place possible to help her succeed. Her Kindergarten and subsequent Elementary years would be the basis on which the rest of her schooling would rely. From our first visit, the Principal came out of a lunch meeting to speak with us, potential newcomers, and spent twenty minutes answering my questions. On my tour, I noticed that the school, though not brand new, felt "home-y", with glitter on some floors, and artwork hung outside every room, and the sound of quiet, respectful students. We were sold. Two years in, our daughter is doing so well and is even being exited from the Special Needs program! Her teachers have been wonderful, communicative, and helpful. She has made wonderful friends and has learned so much. We are now registering her younger brother for Kindergarten- our base school is not NRES. To be sure we are having him transferred to North Ridge as we are positive he, like his sister, will have the best foundation of learning, and love of learning at this school.

Posted September 09, 2011
We have been at North Ridge Elementary for 5 years now and the school has gone from "good" to "great" in our opinion! The teachers and staff are fantastic. Our children feel safe, cared about, and respected at North Ridge. They have been supported, challenged, and reinforced by their teachers, who are always very responsive to any questions or requests that we have. Last year, my son's 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Demay, even went out of her way to attend his after-school baseball games. Also, last year my daughter's 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Donnelly, went out on maternity leave but she 'visited' the kids from her home via skype and they loved knowing that she was thinking of them- even as she was at home caring for her newborn. The Principal, Mr. Soutter, and Assistant Principal, Ms. Rich are heavily invested in the lives of our children ... they know them by name and make each child feel special and one-of-a-kind. North Ridge has a top-notch PTA that values the importance of supporting the students AND the staff! I have no reservations about recommending North Ridge Elementary to anyone!

North Ridge Elementary 0

Posted October 11, 2010
I love the involvement of the families of the students. The facilty stays on top of issues and really listens to feedback from parents.

Posted August 19, 2009
My daughter is starting first grade next week and I stay in the apartments I am in just to keep her near North Ridge. I hope our years going forward are as wonderful as K-garten was. And I hope that her next teacher is as awsome as Ms Judson was. I count ourselves blessed to have had her first year in school with such a great teacher. I agree with the other post stating her theories are right on target. Great parent participation as well.

Posted May 14, 2009
Very impressed.. My daughter made it all the way to middle school K-5 here because of the amazing teachers and parent involvement..

Posted January 18, 2009
This is our second year at North Ridge and I am so pleased with every aspect of the school. The teachers and staff are fanatastic and my children enjoy going to school every day.

Posted September 24, 2008
My daughter just started Kindergarten here, and I really like the school so far. Her teacher, Ms. Judson, is awsome. Her feelings on Kindergarten learning are right on target as far as I am concerned. So far, great school.

North Ridge Elementary 4

Posted September 18, 2006

North Ridge Elementary 4

Posted February 02, 2006
My sons have been at North Ridge Elementary since kindergarten. We couldn't be happier with the school, the teachers and all of the other parents and support staff that truly care about their education and well being. Of the 10 teachers that we've had over the years, we've only had one that we felt wasn't a fit for our sons. North Ridge is blessed with Ms. Dew (1st grade teacher). She's easily our nomination for the best teacher in the nation.

North Ridge Elementary
7120 Harps Mill Road, Raleigh, NC  27615
Last modified North Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Ridge Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top