Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We moved to Raleigh from Austin 3 years ago and asked our Realtor for a good elementary school - we landed at North Ridge and have been happy ever since. The choices of schools in Wake County can almost be overwhelming and I took some time to investigate other schools once we had settled in and I can say honestly, that no other school impressed me enough to leave our great neighborhood school. The teachers and staff are great, we have an active community of parents and volunteers. I feel welcome and wanted on campus anytime I have time to come up. My boys have made wonderful friends and we would suggest the school to anyone. I will say, I used to put a lot of weight in the Great Schools rating system, but now being in a school that is not rated very high by their system, it makes me question the methodology they use. I am very confident in the education my kids are receiving at NRE!

The staff at North Ridge is truly top-notch. Everyone, from the teachers to the administration to the office staff, is consistently pleasant, engaged, and demonstrates a genuine interest in the whole student. In addition, there is a tremendous PTA that supports the school and is welcoming and invested in all the students.

Great principal and parent involvement is encouraged.

We just moved to Raleigh from Michigan and my 8 year old daughter really likes going to school everyday. She is constantly challenged with her curriculum and, is excelling in all areas. We are very happy she attends this school, and are also very pleased with her progress. Last comment, her teachers are very involved with her, and WANT her to succeed in all aspects of school. Pleased parents.

My 2 youngest sons both attend NRE, one in 5th grade and the other in 2nd grade. I am overall really pleased with the school, the staff is very friendly and easy to talk to. In my experience, any issues are addressed and sorted promptly. My 5th grader gets homework every day and is challenged where necessary ensuring he is being well prepared for middle school. Communication with school is also good, via email, phone etc. My sons' teachers are experienced and attentive and enforce discipline. There are lots of events and fun things after school, the STEM night is a must!

The principal is dedicated to the students and the teachers are so caring! We love our school!

We have been so pleased with how attentive, personable, involved and approachable the principal, vice principal, teachers, Kindergarten counselor and other staff have been at our son's school. We are so glad that we chose to have him attend NRE. It's also nice as a parent to get to be involved volunteering in the classroom on occasion--our son really likes his Kindergarten teacher and so do we!

North Ridge provides a nurturing, family-like atmosphere, despite its larger enrollment. The parents are very involved and the PTA is strong. We have an administrative team that is on top of best practices in education and hands on with most aspects of the school, while also excellent at keeping things fun. The administrators are very approachable. With one 4th grader and one Kindergartener, we have been very pleased with our NRE experience.

We love North Ridge, and our girls love it too! The staff is wonderful to work with. They have gone out of their way to help me when needed. The other night we rode by my husband's Elementary school. He commented on how much he loved his school. Both girls chimed in by saying they love their school too. It means a lot when kids have a good experience when they are young. Our girls love learning and love school. North Ridge has been a big part of that. We have been so lucky to be a part of this great school.

I love this school! My daughter started kindergarten here, and she's now in 3rd grade. They have an awesome principle, the staff is very nice. They have fun things during the year. I would give this school and A++

Last modified North Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.