Posted August 25, 2014
Sanderson has been wonderful for my son. It's a very nurturing environment. The administration and staff are fantastic!

Posted April 18, 2014
My son will be attending Sanderson next year. He was very apprehensive about high school and a new school. The staff has been very helpful in easing his anxiety and helping him feel comfortable with the change. We have gone for a tour...met with teachers and councelors...and seen classes and staff he will have next year. They work great with students with past bullying issues!! He's actually excited now about high school. Thank you Sanderson staff

Sanderson High 1

Posted September 12, 2013
This school works against you every step of the way. Before I graduated, I married an United States Sailor and changed my last name. The office women put me down and paraded my marriage certificate around, asking for people's opinions on me marrying so young and always asking me when I was due. I was never pregnant. I graduated in the top 15% and also from the North Carolina School of Science and Math Online. Sanderson refused to let me wear my metal from the School of Science and Math without giving me a real reason. We couldn't throw our caps at graduation or anything traditional. DO NOT make your children go here, it will be the worst mistake you will ever make.

Sanderson High 1

Posted August 27, 2013
This school has gone downhill fast. This year (2013-2014), the scheduling and student services staff have done an AWFUL job in preparing for a switch to a new system. NONE of the other area high schools had problems. Students received their schedules weeks before school started. Sanderson had the students pick up their schedules on a "walk around" day a few days prior to school starting. The schedules were ALL messed up. Holes in schedules, random classes, no upperclassman priority on getting in a class to graduate. It's been absolutely terrible and the principal and staff should be ashamed. Worst communication ever. DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. Find another option. It's abysmal and getting worse by the year. As far as the teachers, there are a few good ones, but MOST of them are just mediocre. Even in some of the honors classes you have some people just phoning it in. The Math curriculum is dreadful and getting worse with Common Core. They haven't spent the time to train the teachers so the classes aren't as available esp. for Honors students. It's a real shame. There is so much potential but it is being completely obliterated by some really incompetent people.

Posted November 14, 2012
I LD child who attend Sanderson. He has done very very well there. Everyone from the Administration to his IEP team to his classroom teachers have always helped him to succeed. He is a proud AFROTC cadet. This Program is excellant. It has won the distinguished unit award every year for the past 8 years. I definitely would NOT send my son to any other school. Sanderson is also ranked nationally as one of the best high schools in the nation!!! Go check it out and you will understand why

Posted September 19, 2012
Sanderson is a well kept secret. It s not inside the beltline so it doesn t get the recognition that Broughton does. It is a great school and it has a family feeling. It s has an inclusive attitude for all the students who are there to learn. There are several programs designed to help students. They have a fantastic AFJROTC program with instructors who are dedicated to helping students get prepared for life after high school, whether it s community college, college, trade school etc. If you have the opportunity to go to Sanderson I recommend it and you should check out AFJROTC!!!!!

Posted August 16, 2012
Trying to get back into the Sanderson school district because I love the Special Education services that my now junior has been receiving. I totally agree that Sanderson is Raleigh's best kept secret. I would not want my child to be enrolled anyplace else.

Posted January 25, 2012
I have had one student graduate from Sanderson...doing great in college. He was definitely prepared for the rigors of college classes. Have another son that is currently a junior. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Great coaches, teachers and administration.

Posted January 08, 2012
Sanderson is truly the best kept secret in Raleigh. Excellent teachers, rigorous academics, strong administration, and a real sense of community. Sanderson has very high test scores and success in the university system. We've had two children attend Sanderson and we would not choose any other high school. Our third will go next year. Excellent school!!

Posted March 01, 2009
I graduated from Sanderson in 2006. I thought the school was wonderful. Very diverse. The teachers were great! I had a problem with one teacher, but I think that it was more because she was new and young. Other than that, it was great. Mrs. Moore was wonderful even though she's not there anymore. I had some favorite teachers of which I am friends with now.

Sanderson High
5500 Dixon Drive, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified Sanderson High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanderson High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.