Underwood Elementary 4

Posted October 27, 2013
I am a grandparent who volunteered for two years in my grandchild's classroom. After seeing up close the dedication and deep daily commitment of both teachers, my view of their character-driven sacrifice for their classes impressed me deeply.

Underwood Elementary 1

Posted September 27, 2013
My son hates this school. They are not very nice to their kids. I thought we would be going to one of the best schools but I was wrong. They have very antisocial policy's that cuts children's fun out of their life's. All I wanted is my kid to be happy, and how can he do that in a school that will not let him invite friends to a birthday party. If your new to this school look out your kid will not be happy.

Posted September 01, 2013
I have a 3rd grader and two 1st graders at Underwood. The principal and teachers are all tenured, dedicated, and passionate about teaching. The electives offered each quarter truly enrich our children's learning and we feel very fortunate that we can attend through the WCPSS Magnet Program. The PTA is very active too!

Posted April 29, 2013
Underwood is a great school. The chance to take a variety of electives in addition to core classes has really given both of my children a broad education at an early age.

Posted February 18, 2012
My daughter is first grader at Underwood. We love the teachers, principle and Assistant Principle, and all the awesome electives. They have conscious discipline classrooms and our daughter is thriving at Underwood. All the teachers have been there several years. It is a warm and supportive environment!

Posted August 30, 2011
The atmosphere is welcoming and cozy, the teachers and staff are top notch. My daughter has had a wonderful experience here. We feel incredibly fortunate that Underwood is our base elementary school.

Posted September 06, 2010
Just stop by and visit...walking in the door and down the halls at Underwood, you'll see learning at all levels.Not only are basic academics encouraged, but also 21st century skills including the arts, foreign languages, social skills, and health/physical education.

Posted May 12, 2010

Underwood Elementary 0

Posted March 24, 2010
Underwood Gifted and Talented Elementary School is full of talented, life-long learners. At Underwood, students get to explore their gifts and talents and get the individualized, differentiated instruction that grows young minds. Students have the opportunity to take orchestra, band, dance, foreign language, horticulture, technology, physics, and much more. The teachers genuinely care about the success of all of their students and their passion is evident every time I walk through the hallways.

Underwood Elementary 2

Posted December 14, 2009
This school is a good choice if you can afford to live within walking distance. If you are looking at it as a magnet option, the reduction in elective choices combined with the poor quality of the administration means it's probably not worth the 1.5-2 hours per day your child will spend on the bus. There are some wonderful teachers here, but the vast majority were hired by previous administrators. I would be concerned about whether the current principal will be able to attract teachers of the same caliber if any of these teachers leave.

Underwood Elementary
1614 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC  27608
Last modified Underwood Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Underwood Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top