Raleigh, NC

Posted August 24, 2014
I love this school. I have three children going here! Love it! Teachers are great and kind!

Posted February 17, 2013
My child entered Wiley as a 5th grader, and I cannot be happier with the academic and social environment. The 5th grade team of three teachers is terrific, each one teaching different subject matter. The teachers are quick to assess and identify the needs of your child, especially for enrichment or acceleration. The assignments are more creative and allow students of all abilities to learn and benefit. My accelerated learner has definitely been challenged. Children have two electives per quarter, one of which will be one of five foreign languages. Although the language exposure is better than what is available at most elementary schools, it is obviously not immersion, so do not expect a bilingual child. The principal and assistant principal are also very involved and have also been very supportive of child-led activities. I feel welcomed as an adult and my child has had one of the best years in her elementary education. No school is perfect, but my child's year at Wiley has come very close to my expectations and has, in some ways, surpassed them.

Posted November 28, 2012
I graduated from Wiley in 2012, and it was a great school. All the teachers are nice, and most of them make your learning experience fun, instead of just straight-on teaching it.The teachers are very nice, they do a lot of experiments, and make them fun like in second grade, we let balloons propel themselves and in fifth we let sand erode and poured acid into a mini-garden to study the effects. This school is over all very fun and the learning environment is great, and the neighborhood is awesome.

Posted January 19, 2012
This is our fifth year attending Wiley, and I can't imagine being anywhere else. The school is small enough to form a close community feeling, yet large enough to give the kids many learning opportunities such as electives, extracurricular activities, and one of five foreign languages. There is a diverse group of kids at Wiley, personally I feel that it is similar to a private school in the attention given to each student, but with a more inclusive population, reflective of its location in the capital city of North Carolina. Lastly, love the emphasis on physical activity... during daily (long) recesses and through PE electives, gym class, and extracurriculars including jump rope club and running club.

Posted October 19, 2011
This is our third year at Wiley and we are continually impressed by the quality of the teachers and the wide range of interesting classes. We look forward to all of our children attending Wiley Elementary!

Posted April 24, 2010
This internation al magnet school is a small school, rich in personal attention, and has a great caring faculty and staff. My child was there for the past 6 years ans received a wonderful start in her formal educational journey.

Posted April 24, 2010
This is a wonderful school. The diversity of courses and opportunities they offer the students opens the world to the kids.

Posted February 14, 2010
Wiley is an excellent school. Everything stated in the Nov. 4, 2009 post is true. Every teacher knows and has a relationship with every child. The school is so connected to the community. Talent shows, grounds day, Wiley Goes Green! They teach the whole child to respect their community and all others. The diversity is wonderful and emphasized as part of the curriculum. Lots of field trips as well. I'm looking forward to my second child entering in the Fall.

Posted November 04, 2009
Wiley International Magnet Elementary School is one of the most diverse schools in the state of North Carolina. Wiley's international program curriculum is designed to promote a global perspective and awareness of international interdependence. It also fosters a school-wide, in-depth study of different cultures. Wiley's International Studies Magnet Program, attracts students from many different countries. These face-to-face experiences with other cultures make global studies come alive. Doors of understanding open wide as students learn about varied cultures, learn to speak different languages,and learn to use technologies important in our global society. The program is designed to develop understanding of major systems (technological, communications and cultural) which influence the condition of our global village. The international magnet gives students an opportunity to individualize their education. Students receive a solid core of instruction in essential subjects. Elective classes offer a variety of learning options and experiences. Kindergarten through second grade students may participate in as many as eight elective classes each year. As one of their elective courses, students may choose from any array of five foreigh languages: French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese. Wiley is the school I wish I had attended as a child and I'm proud that my Kindergartener is a part of the Wiley family!

Posted April 02, 2009
Both my children have attended Wiley. My daughter is currently in Ms. Rockitter's second grade class and adores her. She is one of the best teachers I have ever me. The teachers are wonderful and do stay for a long time. The electives are great and I love that my daughter has been learning a foreign language since kindergarten! My only complaint is that they are getting rid of band which I think is very important. There is more of an emphasis on technology now. It is really worth applying to this school!

Wiley Elementary
301 Saint Marys Street, Raleigh, NC  27605
Last modified Wiley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wiley Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top