Raleigh, NC

Hilburn Academy 2

Posted August 15, 2015
Hilburn Academy is NOT a good school if your child is in a special needs, and If they have a learning disability they're awful.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Amount of homework: Not enough

Develops grit: Disagree

Develops respect: Disagree

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Disagree

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 16, 2015
We have had the complete opposite experience at Hilburn Academy. The front office staff has always been friendly and helpful. The carpool teachers greeted us every morning and helped younger kids get out of the car when needed. The teachers have been wonderful including all the specialist ones. My children have enjoyed going to school there and have done well academically. I have volunteered for various things and have found the teachers and staff to be very appreciative of all the PTA and parent volunteers do. My kids have made friends easily and it seems like most parents want to be involved with the school. Overall we have had a positive experience so far with both the elementary and middle school grade levels

Hilburn Academy 1

Posted July 02, 2015
This school is really terrible I am so disappointed! My child is been there for 2years now and after the first year I should move to another school but unfurtunately I give another chance. Well, first the principal is never available for you. PTA meetings doesn't make sense. We went to a meeting and the principal show up just to say if somebody had any question had to submit on line because he will not have any time to answer that day. Well, why we left our house to have to submit questions on line?? Office people is not friendly at all. when u get at the car pool to drop your child people never said good morning it's look like they are there but they are hating to be there. So weird. Teachers are too young and with no experience. Teachers made inappropriate comments regarding another kids in front of the class. I do not recommend this school for anybody. Terrible experience!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 02, 2015
I am really desapointed with this school! This school is terrible in every aspect. My child is been there for the last 2 years and I always had some issues and problems since the first year. But because was the first year I assumed the next year will be better. Unfortunately worse than the first one. My Child teacher do not have any experience with first graders students really rude and used to make funny and inappropriate comments about the kids with other kids. The teacher used to send home warning assignments almost every day. My child was always afraid to go to school. I went to talk to the principal and I had to wait for 3 hrs at the office to get to talk to him and he was there but he said I need to talk to his assistant first. After A 3 hrs waiting and not leave because I have serious issues to talk to him about my daughter's teacher he decided to talk to me. After couple days I had a meeting with the teacher and his assistant because he was too busy to be there. What kind principal is this?? Well finally the year end and I can't wait to have my child out of this "school".

7100 Hilburn Dr, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified Hilburn Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilburn Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top