Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 03, 2016
I'm currently a senior who will be going to UNC Chapel Hill next fall semester. Having attended Enloe all four years, I would have to say that it is overall a great school. Of all the teachers I've had not a single one was bad. Of course some were excellent while some were around average but the teachers are all nice and understanding people who actually make an effort to teach the curriculum. The counselors and administrators here are also very nice people who have helped me numerous times. While the school is very competitive, I do believe it is good pressure. I have been challenged many times throughout and felt stressed out at times but through the four years I could feel myself develop and strengthen. Recently there have been numerous complaints about the schools emphasizing on standardized tests and memorization, but this is not the case for Enloe. There are some classes like World History, Environmental Science, and Anatomy that require voluminous memorization but that is just the nature of the stuff covered. Classes like Calculus and English actually helped me improve my logical thinking and analysis. The workload isn't overwhelming either, I've had a schedule filled with AP classes my sophomore and junior year and I've never ever pulled an all-nighter before. Paying attention in class and being efficient at home is the key to doing well. Other than academics, there are a myriad of clubs available at Enloe that engage in various activities such as competitions, volunteering, festivals, etc. I definitely wished I participated in more clubs here. There is definitely a competitive atmosphere but it is also easy to make friends here, most people are friendly and willing to help. In addition Enloe sends a bunch of students off to local colleges NC State and UNC Chapel Hill, both of which are excellent schools. The only downside would be that the school is a bit old and it can be pretty crowded. Overall I loved my four years at Enloe and students should definitely come here!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 03, 2016
I strongly urge incoming Freshmen to take the course C&C, it is a unique experience I believe only Enloe has. The course consists of double period English and Civics & Economics. Taking C&C both my freshmen and sophomore year helped me develop a lot as a person.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted April 03, 2016
This school is competitive so there will inevitably be cheating. However most teachers place students far from each other on test days, walk around supervising the test takers, and/or use A B test format to prevent cheating. The teachers are fair in the sense that they treat all students equally.

Posted May 23, 2014
My daughter is graduating from Enloe next week, and has benefited greatly from her education there. it is a wonderful school for kids who are up to the challenge of a rigorous academic environment. It has a terrific selection of honors, AP, and IB courses. However, we found that the quality of the teachers varied greatly. Most were good to excellent. A couple were awful. However, Enloe draws highly motivated kids from all over the county, and the student body is perhaps the school's greatest strrength. Our daughter had a great group of smart and accomplished peers who supported her efforts to acheive academically. She has been well-prepared for the rigor of college, and will be entering UNC-CH this fall. Enloe might not be as good for kids who are less academically inclined, but it is a great school for any kid capable of rising to the challenge of a highly competitive academic environment. .

Posted October 28, 2012
My son is a freshman this year and so far so good he has met a great group of kids my son is in mostly honors classes. He does have about 2 to 3 hours of homework most nights and on weekends . If my son were not in honor or AG classes this is not the school to be in I think the kids that are in base classes get lost in the shuffle. He also loves the elective classes,clubs and sports which are many to choose from. The diversity is something I think the kids are lucky to be exposed to and to be able to view kids from all back grounds.

Posted March 25, 2012
I am and always have been very impressed with our students at Enloe. The diversity and desire to learn contributes to a healthy exciting classroom environment. We continue to work at weaknesses and push our strengths forward. Enloe is the top school in the area!

William G Enloe High 2

Posted February 01, 2012
I really wouldn't recommend Enloe for a majority of high schoolers. It was a good school a few years ago, but has been going steadily downhill and is currently underfunded and crowded. While it still has a prestigious reputation, I doubt it will exist in a few years. What few resources that the school does posses rarely make it to students effectively and I don't believe teachers are encouraged to be creative. The largest problem with the school is the administration. Administrators often see Enloe as a stepping stone to another job and focus more on test scores than learning. As a student, I regularly feel that students (and often teachers) are pitted against administrators and that many rules put into place are mainly part of a much larger power struggle rather than a means to make the school a better learning environment. That being said, Enloe has many talented teachers and (generally) a friendly student body. Most teachers genuinely do care. Enloe is also pretty diverse, not just demographically, but also in that students from different backgrounds and cliques socialize a great deal. Enloe is little worse than most public schools, but falls severely short of its reputation.

William G Enloe High 1

Posted August 28, 2011
Enloe High School is a perfect model of how not to educate students. This school is a machine that processes and produces hundreds of students each year, understanding their intellectual growth on the most basic terms: test scores and grades. With massive class sizes and few resources, the school can not provide a personal education to your child and will often allow a disinterested student to float through having learned or grown in no way so long as they can pass their tests. A great myth about an Enloe education is that is challenging. Are you forced to complete hours of homework assignments a night? Yes. However, the actual amount of healthy critical thinking performed in these monotonous tasks is non existent. Enloe provides you with a meaningless fact based education and thus does not challenge your mind in any way. What is most tragic about the Enloe mentality is because an Enloe student has never experienced an education which challenges them to go beyond what they learn and measures education in experience rather than product, they are in a perpetual belief that because they do more they learn more. This is absolutely false. Please don't send your child to Enloe.

Posted January 03, 2011
Our son is a freshman at Enloe and we were very apprehensive about whether the school would live up to its reputation as we had been very disapointed by Martin Middle School (which also had a great reputation). I am happy to report that Enloe has not disapointed! It truly has a unique and diverse student body that respects and appreciates people who are have different backgrounds. Our son seems happier than we've seen him in years and he is just blossoming in this multi-cultural environment. As for the academics: there are many great electives offered such as foreign languages and many others, but, the core classes just seem mediocre like they were cut from the same cookie cutters as the rest of Wake County core classes. On the positive side, one can attain a higher level than at other local high schools given the large number of AP/IB courses available. In short, we are happy with the school as a whole but, feel that the academics for the AG students could be taught in a more stimulating format given the large number of high achievers.

Posted August 13, 2010
This school should be at the top of the list...Raleigh Charter's faculty has roots from Enloe. Leesville Principal was first trained and worked at Enloe...the list goes on! Sanderson's former principal that made it a better school came from Enloe.

128 Clarendon Crescent, Raleigh, NC  27610
Last modified William G Enloe High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.