Posted April 28, 2014
My kids absolutely love Brassfield! I have been so impressed with the teachers and the administration. We have found them to be dynamic, friendly, engaged and totally committed to the well-being and education of our kids. We especially appreciate the leadership and vision of our Principal. Brassfield always ranks as one of the highest in academic performance for Wake County elementary schools, and we believe it's because of the teachers and staff! We are extremely pleased with the education our children are getting a Brassfield!

Brassfield Elementary 2

Posted April 24, 2014
I transferred my Kindergartener to Brassfield mid-year from Cary Elementary. I was super excited to start Brassfield because of the seemingly great reputation and stellar reviews by most parents. Unfortunately, it has been a rough transition and I am left disappointed in the staff, from the desk personnel to the Kindergarten teacher. There is very little communication and being new parents to Brassfield AND Year round school, I often feel like I don't know what is going on with my daughter. Her first week, she came home crying 3 of they days and I was told she wasn't focused, was having trouble listening and following the rules. DUH, she was 6yrs old in a new school. They did NOTHING to help her transition and wouldn't even give her extra help in finding her way from the bus drop off to her classroom when she started riding the bus. I do not like the way her teacher speaks to her and the homework expectations for Kindergarten are outrageous. It has only been 4 months and I do not want to leave the school too hastily, but I am seriously considering pulling her out. Additionally....student: teacher ratio is 24:1.

Posted November 08, 2013
Brassfield is one of the best schools ever! My son has had all the best teachers he could have gotten based on the grade levels. They automatically selected him for being smart and have always pushed and helped him so much! He is so smart and thanks to them he has so many oportunities to continue to be great! If I had to do it again I would choose Brassfield no doubt. He is in 4th grade now.

Brassfield Elementary 3

Posted September 28, 2013
Brassfield is good for NC, but up in CT, where we moved from, it would be mediocre at best. Yes, the school has lots of technology and committed parents, and several of the specials teachers (particularly Spanish and Art) as well as "general" teachers are very good. However, advanced kids are dependent on their individual teacher for whatever enhanced instruction they want to provide because of a lack of systemic support. There's a new AIG teacher who is bureaucratic and rigid, and she does not seem passionate about feeding the kids' intellectual enthusiasm. Also, the new principal, while energetic, is more about rules and process than remembering that kids need to have fun while they learn. My kids are bright and never a problem behaviorally, but after she arrived, they started being less enthusiastic about school. There were just too many new rules - silent lunch for all grades except for 10 min of talk and assigned lunch seats?!? She also seems to have driven out several of the good older teachers. Yes, Brassfield's good for Wake County, but don't set your expectations too high. Ultimately, we moved our kids to a AIG magnet and are happy we did.

Posted August 22, 2013
This school is an amazing community that any family would love to be a part of. The teachers are approachable, smart and love the kids. The PTA is very active, there is a great variety of clubs for the students of all grade levels to participate in and the school environment is very conductive to great learning. You will not regret the choice of Brassfield!

Brassfield Elementary 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Brassfied Road Elementary is a wonderful year-round public school in Raleigh, NC.The PTA appears to be very active, and there are a lot of great after school programs. My son is only in kindergarten, yet I love the fact that he is getting exposed to foreign languages and computers at such a young age.

Posted August 03, 2013
Brassfield is wonderful. I believe the Principal and AP are very approachable. Mrs. MacWilliams truly wants to hear if a parent has concerns. I have come to her personally with one and she was very professional and fair with the handling of it. . I also believe the Administration has a very family freely mind set. For example, home work has been streamlined and even a back up option was given to kids that had swim meets during the "meet the teacher" evening. I love how they are also very immersed with digital media and puts that into the learning. They also have a very active and involved PTA. I would highly recommend Brassfield Elementary School if you were looking to move in this area!

Posted February 06, 2013
I have two children at Brassfield and have been at the school for 6 years now. I'm also a very active volunteer and spend a lot of time in the many activities the school has to offer. There are a multitude of clubs including Art Club, Green Team, Ballhandling, Legos, Robotics. The atmosphere is that of a small school, welcoming and friendly the principal is dynamic and energetic, bringing positive energy to the school. My two children have different personalities and widely different learning styles, but Brassfield has never failed to accommodate each if their particular needs. When my 5th grader moves on at the end of the year, we will both be sad to say goodbye to his fabulous teachers but we are so thankful to all of them for their hard work and dedication.

Brassfield Elementary 3

Posted November 12, 2012
I have two children at Brassfield, one is a good strong student academically and one has been well advanced of the grade level since 1st grade. While there are various programs to help kids that need more help to meet standards or have special needs, I do not feel that advanced students are properly challenged in creative ways beyond an extra worksheet. This creates frustration and boredom for these children. It does not keep them on an equal trajectory of learning from their baseline at the start of the school year. AIG starts in 4th grade and this type of experience seems to be sporadic at best in K-3rd grade.

Posted August 27, 2012
I have two daughters one is 24 and recently graduated collage and my other one is a 1st grader in Brassfield. We are very proud of my oldest daughter's recent graduation from Harvard Univirsity in Boston. She got a Master's Degree in Buisness and currently is a buisness executive. She went to Brassfield Elementary for elementary school. She says she thanks Brassfield for her education. Brassfield is the #1 school in the world. My 1st grader LOVES Brassfield. The teachers are nice and the education is top knotch. Highly recommended school

Brassfield Elementary
2001 Brassfield Road, Raleigh, NC  27614
Last modified Brassfield Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brassfield Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.