Posted January 29, 2014
Fox Road is a great school this is my daughter first year and the school and they seem to be well put together. my daughter teacher is awesome she give them the extra push to get to the next level. I just want to say thank you Fox Road for being a team.

Posted September 13, 2013
What an extraordinary change Fox Road Elementary has under gone. An amazing new administration, a passionate, caring, committed staff, and lots and lots of enthusiastic students. Kudos to the new Principal!

Posted August 22, 2013
actually this is a very good school, my son santiago began to study in third grade, learned a lot, now He speak English, and we are very pleased and very grateful, we see that the school improve day by day. We can only say thank you, thank you! And may God bless you.

Posted August 22, 2013

Fox Road Elementary 1

Posted May 18, 2012
I moved to Raleigh in February and registered because this was my children's base school. My neighbor informed me that the school was horrible, but by this time I had already registered my kids into school. I live in a neighborhood with a couple hundred houses, and not one other child in the whole neighborhood attends this school. Within the first week, my kids were left at school when my oldest informed the bus driver that her sisters were not on the bus, he said that he could not wait for them nor did he inform staff there. They have been dropped off at the other side of neighborhood in rain and told to walk home. The teachers and administrators threaten to call the police on the children for every little thing they do. I informed them of my middle child's disability while registering, and they have ABSOLUTELY NO staff that I have come in contact with there who knows how to deal with children with disabilities. My children have become more angry and withdrawn in the last 3 months since attending this school. If you care about your children's well-being and education, PLEASE do not send them here!! This is, BY FAR, the worst school ever!

Fox Road Elementary 4

Posted December 13, 2010
Fox Road Elementary is wonderful!! Unfortunately they are small and in need of more space. The teachers, counselor, principles are all the best I have ever encountered and I have gone through several elementary schools. When my daughter was younger, she attended several elementary schools due to reassignments almost every year. finally when we came to Fox Road it was stability. I now have a son who is completing his last year here and I have NEVER had a problem. They recognize learning behaviors and adjust accordingly to benefit the child w/o labeling. If there is a discipline problem it is handled fairly and parents are notified immediately from the classroom. Small group & independent counseling is available for students who have experienced trauma, and the counselor keeps an open door policy for the kids so they come whenever they feel like it. I absolutely love this school.

Fox Road Elementary 2

Posted March 23, 2010
Well, I will say I am shocked by the pass reviews and I feel really different. I hate and I mean hate my kids going to this bad school! Trust me when I tell you this is not the best school ever. First, test score are horrible! Second when you walk down the hall it feels like a prision. The school is old that is true but at least put some light and life in it like color or something.The receptionist, wow! I dont know how to say this but she really needs to be removed. Her personality seems like she really hates her job. She has the worst atitude. She questions the parent about their kids. She really needs proper training on have to speak and carry herself in a pleasent manner. Oh and one more thing, not one of my kids have a white classmate...why is that?

Posted March 07, 2010
I think that Fox Road is a wonderful school. It certainly doesn't deserve the poor score that it has gotten, simply because of poor EOG test scores. Yes, they are a Title I school, and they have a large ESL population, which, unfortunately, brings test scores down, but each student is noticed and taken care of, and encouraged in their education. My son is an accelerated reader, as well as very good at math, and he has always gotten the extra attention and challenges that he needed to progress and suceed. When my son was in kindergarten I was able to volunteer every week in his classroom, and when he was in 1st grade, I volunteered twice a month, and was very pleased with the teachers and staff that I was able to observe close up. The Principal is fabulous, and knows who her students are, as well as inspiring staff.

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted October 18, 2008
this is the best school any one could go to.All of my frieds are here.and we have great fieldtrips when your in energy club beacause you get to try to earn a trip to Washington ,D.C.Rock on Fox Road

Fox Road Elementary
7101 Fox Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified Fox Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Road Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.