Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The academics are low. The discipline is harsh. Monitoring of the kids behavior is minimal.

We moved to the area about a year ago and have been very pleased with our daughter's experience at East Wake Middle so far. She has made great friends and we are so impressed with all of her teachers. They do a great job of communicating with parents, and are challenging our daughter to think at a whole new level. Hats off to East Wake Middle!

This is a school you will NOT want your child to attend! The teachers and staff are not adequately trained to handle simple , every day issues where students are concerned. Their idea is to do anything easy and quick to get problems out of their hair! There is little positive re - enforcement for kids and it is just your typical government establishment ( low grade and totally uncaring! ) Avoid this school even if it means having to shuffle your kids to an out of district school! I promise, it will be well worth the hassle!

I to have found that my child was bullied very badly at this school. It is overlooked and when you call school with any issue everything is pushed under the rug, from bully issues to grade issues. I requested my child have guidance cous eking it never happened!! Very unhappy looking for new school and moving if I have to!!!

My child was bullied badly at this school. We reported it to the school administrators several times. Nothing was ever done. When my child finally stood up to the bully, she was suspended from school for 11 days. How does that work? The bullied child gets suspended and the bully is now the victim. Thanks for your help Ms. Allen, Mr. Pope and Ms. Chapman!

I was a bit unsure about enrolling East Wake from Hertitage because of the past reviews. But after visiting the school, and speaking with Mrs. Nelson ( principal) and Mrs. Evans (guidance) about my concerns, I saw first hand the high level of care they have and the positive impact of their leadership on the school environment. Seeing how well my son has been welcomed in and adjusted to the S.T.E.M program makes me even more confident that he is in good hands.

Terrible school, under funded, and in need of a great deal of improvement. I've seen that discipline is no longer evident in students and is getting way out of hand. Teachers have so many disrespectful students that don't care about their education that it's hard for them to teach. The students that do want to learn and are well behaved have to deal with teachers yelling at them because the class is disruptive and not focused. Teachers try to keep classrooms under control but it's too much work to control that many teens. The advanced academics are also being limited at the school because GPA's are lowering along with test scores. Elective choices are quite limited and offer very little diverse courses for the student to choose from. Parents aren't informed early enough about anything. I've received notices 24 hours in advance and even some after the event has occurred. Students are rarely sent home with letters informing parents of upcoming events. Limited after school clubs are available to join and few sports offered. Clubs have been moved to during school at random days in the year with few meetings. Also each student can only join one and most dislike what was chosen for them.

I am in 8th grade at this school and I am ready to leave! If you want to be in contact with the school and want to know what is going on, don't go here. 6th grade was great, but then our principals left and now we have a horrible principal. The teachers are really nice (except for a few) and they actually WANT you to learn and help you. I think that I've gotten an OK education there, but the school doesn't really care about the parents. They also tell you events or call you AFTER the event happened or give you 24 hours notice that there's a parent teacher meeting or something. I could keep on going about how the school isn't exactly, well, good, but I'll keep it somewhat short. Don't go here.

My son just finished his 3 years at East Wake Middle and one in 8th grade now. It has been wonderful, the support that they recieved from the teachers is excellent! We are so lucky to have this principal she works every day and every night to make sure the students are learning. The biggest problem is the parents, their child makes it to 6th grade and they stop being involved. I would like to see the hispanic community ie the parents be more involved. Keep working hard East Wake Middle!!

This is a great school. My son has been here for one year and loves it. The Principal is serious about getting this school on the right track and I feel like the teachers and students are all working to improve themselves, the school and the image. My sons grades have improved and the teachers he had are encouraging. He is ready to try out for a sport now (7th grade). I am glad we came here and didn't listen to all the negative comments.

Last modified East Wake Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.