East Wake Middle 2

Posted July 17, 2014
I to have found that my child was bullied very badly at this school. It is overlooked and when you call school with any issue everything is pushed under the rug, from bully issues to grade issues. I requested my child have guidance cous eking it never happened!! Very unhappy looking for new school and moving if I have to!!!

Posted December 18, 2013
My child was bullied badly at this school. We reported it to the school administrators several times. Nothing was ever done. When my child finally stood up to the bully, she was suspended from school for 11 days. How does that work? The bullied child gets suspended and the bully is now the victim. Thanks for your help Ms. Allen, Mr. Pope and Ms. Chapman!

East Wake Middle 4

Posted November 16, 2013
I was a bit unsure about enrolling East Wake from Hertitage because of the past reviews. But after visiting the school, and speaking with Mrs. Nelson ( principal) and Mrs. Evans (guidance) about my concerns, I saw first hand the high level of care they have and the positive impact of their leadership on the school environment. Seeing how well my son has been welcomed in and adjusted to the S.T.E.M program makes me even more confident that he is in good hands.

Posted April 17, 2012
Terrible school, under funded, and in need of a great deal of improvement. I've seen that discipline is no longer evident in students and is getting way out of hand. Teachers have so many disrespectful students that don't care about their education that it's hard for them to teach. The students that do want to learn and are well behaved have to deal with teachers yelling at them because the class is disruptive and not focused. Teachers try to keep classrooms under control but it's too much work to control that many teens. The advanced academics are also being limited at the school because GPA's are lowering along with test scores. Elective choices are quite limited and offer very little diverse courses for the student to choose from. Parents aren't informed early enough about anything. I've received notices 24 hours in advance and even some after the event has occurred. Students are rarely sent home with letters informing parents of upcoming events. Limited after school clubs are available to join and few sports offered. Clubs have been moved to during school at random days in the year with few meetings. Also each student can only join one and most dislike what was chosen for them.

East Wake Middle 2

Posted April 10, 2012
I am in 8th grade at this school and I am ready to leave! If you want to be in contact with the school and want to know what is going on, don't go here. 6th grade was great, but then our principals left and now we have a horrible principal. The teachers are really nice (except for a few) and they actually WANT you to learn and help you. I think that I've gotten an OK education there, but the school doesn't really care about the parents. They also tell you events or call you AFTER the event happened or give you 24 hours notice that there's a parent teacher meeting or something. I could keep on going about how the school isn't exactly, well, good, but I'll keep it somewhat short. Don't go here.

East Wake Middle 5

Posted July 17, 2011
This is a great school. My son has been here for one year and loves it. The Principal is serious about getting this school on the right track and I feel like the teachers and students are all working to improve themselves, the school and the image. My sons grades have improved and the teachers he had are encouraging. He is ready to try out for a sport now (7th grade). I am glad we came here and didn't listen to all the negative comments.

East Wake Middle 0

Posted April 08, 2010
My child used to attend this school and I honestly wouldn't send another child there. The teachers really don't act as if they care about the students. They have completely given up on the kids. I wouldn't send my dog there....to be frank. If you are looking for an educational institution where your child can grow and learn, East Wake Middle is not the school for you.

Posted August 10, 2009

East Wake Middle 4

Posted August 09, 2009
It was nice the one year i was there. Very kind teachers, fun, and a wide variety in electives. The only thing i hated was the bus. Overcrowded and ghetto.

Posted July 02, 2009
I just graduated from this school and it was a great school. Although it is in the getto, it has wonderful teachers. Especially the ss teacher on track 4.

East Wake Middle
2700 Old Milburnie Road, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified East Wake Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Wake Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.