Posted May 28, 2014
This school is horrible. The teachers attempt to pass out after school detention and in school suspensions like candy. My is an roll student there yet his teacher attempted to give him an after school detention for asking to use the bathroom. Even the VP attempted to give my child an ISS in a bullying incident where he was actually the victim. The VP even admitted jumping the gun. The principal is non-exsistant and everything is done for through the VP. Most of the teachers are a unable to handle kids. One of my child's teachers was making the kids give her their shoe for collateral to borrow school items! There are so many bullying incidents is unbelievable. I have never taken my child out of school before but he will not be attending next year.

Posted April 15, 2013
Bullys are not what they seem here, and they are cleverly disguised as just troublesome, little kids. Behind all the happiness, there always is a dark side at this school

Posted September 21, 2012
Great school with great teachers and parent involvement..On the needs improvement side; administrative staff need to become more personable, it feels like serving parents/ students/ etc is bother to them, and the principal needs to be more visible (she leaves at the beginning of next month, but most will not know the difference).

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted March 18, 2010
Oh Em Gee! Leesville is the best school in Wake County! I love Leesville, our teacher's are awesome especially Mr. Cameron he's the best teacher ever!!! All the teacher's want their students to succeed and be the best they can be and give their all. Our staff member's are very friendly and caring. Overall Leesville is the best! Go Lions!!!

Posted May 24, 2009

Leesville Road Middle 4

Posted May 20, 2009
Our principal is O.K., but the teachers are really amazing! They want nothing less but for you to succeed. The curriculum is at a good level, and there are sometimes different classes for different kinds of learners which helps. Safety is very well kept at this school, and hardly any bullying takes place. It's a much better school than most others.

Posted May 17, 2009
as a parent and very great friend of my child who attenends leesville road middle school, i think leesville is a wonderful school with a healthy atmosphere and many choices that helps kids become independent

Posted July 15, 2008
As a former teacher at LRMS, I can safely say that this is the worst school I have ever encountered. There is no administrative support and it is just a bad situation. I hear Leesville Middle used to be a great school. I don't know what happened. It scared me out of teaching.

Posted March 07, 2008
I only subbed there one day, and I'd think long and hard before coming back... Some highlights: someone pulled the fire alarm (for the second time that week), causing students to mill about aimlessly in mobs with no order (what if that had been a real fire?). I heard a lot of inappropriate and graphic sexual talk from students. One teacher told my homeroom there wasn't a single good student on the entire team, another confided she didn't want to work there anymore. The office staff was rude and unhelpful. I never saw the principal, but I'll form my opinion of her from this: before you hear recorded job information from this school, you have to hear a long lecture from her directed at the full-time teachers at that school. I have no idea why she thought that was necessary.

Leesville Road Middle
Pride Way, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified Leesville Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesville Road Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top