Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter starting Cathedral school in her 3rd grade year. From the moment we began school at Cathedral I knew it was the best decision I could have made for her. The teachers were amazing in every way possible. Her education was guided with loving hands. life long friends , parents and teachers are a real team and support system. if you are looking for the best education partnered with a loving family environment Cathedral is your school . my daughter went on to Cardinal Gibbons and is graduating this year from College. She always has said that her years at Cathedral were her best years and the education she received at cathedral even though it was elementary and jr high prepared her for college. We will forever have a special place in our hearts for Cathedral school

Posted January 30, 2014
We are so grateful for this school. My daughter started Kindergarten in August 2013 and she is so happy there. The learning environment is excellent, everyone at the school is friendly and there's so much opportunity to volunteer and be involve. We are not Catholic but we still feel like we are part of this loving community.

Posted May 14, 2013
My daugther is a kindergartener at Cathedral School and she and I love it! Before she was accepted into Cathedral we went to visit/tour the school twice; once during the open house and another time after that. Both times we received a warm greeting by students and faculty members. In addition to the close nit community at Cathedral, my child has been challenged academically and receives continued support and encouragement from Cathedral's faculty and staff. I look forward to seeing her graduate from Cathedral in 2020! Go Knights!

Posted October 02, 2012
When we were looking for schools around the area, we were told about Cathedral. We compared it to schools such as The Raleigh School and Ravenscroft. We chose Cathedral for its atmosphere, committment to academic excellence and high standards for the children, staff and teachers. Parents are encouraged to be involved and are! We LOVE Cathedral and more importantly, so does our daughter.

Posted June 27, 2012
My daughter attended Cathedral School when my husband and I moved to Raleigh, NC. I was very pleased with the atmosphere and the community/family feel of the school. This was definitely one of the best choices that I made!

Posted September 05, 2011
Excellent school. We have 2 children that attend Cathedral. Teachers are awesome! There are many after school activities offered that all children are able to participate in - band, chess club, sports, etc.

Posted December 22, 2010
Both of my childen attended Cathedral School over a span of 11 years and are now in high school and college. In looking back I can honestly say that this school was one of the best choices my husband and I have ever made! There was never one day that my children did not want to go to school (even begged to go when they were sick!!) or one day that I regretted our decision. It is the BEST school in Wake County and the only choice as far as I am concerned. You will find newer and bigger, but you will not find the quality of education (check out test scores...ours are usually the highest due to the quality of teachers and their love for the children and education!)

Posted March 30, 2009
My daughter has been a student at Cathedral School since the 2nd grade. She is now in 6th grade and she is thriving. The class sizes may be large, but there are NO discipline problems. When my child attended the Wake County Public Schools, she was in a classroom that had 5-8 less students but the discipline problems were monumental. You make the choice. Which environment do you want for your child? Cathedral School expects the children to be respectful towards adults and each other. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. We feel very blessed that our child has been able to be a part of his great school.

Sacred Heart Cathedral School 0

Posted August 14, 2008
Our family has really benefited from Cathedral School. Our children are part of a community unlike many of their public school peers. The school is small, the classes are large, but the bonds between the children are strong.

Posted July 25, 2008
I have two children at Cathedral School, and my wife and I love it. A previous post complained about the principal. I suppose if you don't like hearing the truth or enjoy getting 'lip service', you wouldn't like the principal. She is no nonsense and does what is best for the school. She has made the school feel like one big family. It is a school that is in a downtown setting, so it does not have all of the advantages of a brand new school in the suburbs when it comes to a playground. However, my children have been on more field trips to the area mueseums and other attractions in downtown Raleigh than any other school around. If you are new to Raleigh and want your children to attend a top notch school, then Cathedral School is the school for you, if there's an opening.

Sacred Heart Cathedral School
204 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC  27603
Last modified Sacred Heart Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Sacred Heart Cathedral School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top