Posted February 11, 2014
Wonderful school, atmosphere is clean and professional. Teachers appear to give un-divided attention to the students. Every year the school administer meets with parents to discuss the direction, vision for the school. She also discusses new things that were implemented. As a parent I get the impression they are really putting the overall family first. Which is good. If you have an issue or concern or need to meet with teacher or administration they have been very responsive and willing to listen and work with you. They do not yell at kids and when something is wrong they nicely/professional call the child to the side and explain the correct way to handle a situation if they did something wrong. Very well mannered kids. I immediately could tell a difference with my child after a month of her attending. As long as we are able we will do our best to keep her in a christian school environment and out of public school. Love/Manners/Respect/Education/Leaders and more are very important for us. Thank you NCA and keep striving to build/grow/and improve upon to be a successful school.

Posted October 05, 2013
At Neuse Christian Academy, we are excited how God is changing lives in the classroom, the athletic fields/court, and on campus. Our Athletic Department is producing annually 16 different Middle School, JV, and Varsity athletic teams in 6 different sports (Baseball, Boys & Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Golf, Boys & Girls Soccer, and Volleyball). Most of our Coaches have either played and/or coached at the collegiate level and were recruited by colleges in their respective sports. This brings a standard to our athletic department which separates us from our competition. At Neuse Christian Academy in 26 years of State Athletic Competitions, we have won 1 National Championship, 7 State Championships, and been to 18 Final Fours for all of our sports combined. Neuse Christian Academy has been producing College Scholarship Student-Athletes since 1991. All of these great achievements have been accomplished through God's Blessings and the Truth in Colossians 3:17 which states, "And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Posted September 25, 2013
I have had children at NCA for 3 years. We came out of the public schools because we wanted a Christian education to help our children gain a biblical worldview as well as reduce class sizes. I have had children in all grades from K-10th. The administrators, principals and teachers are dedicated to the children. The school provides an incredible family feel. The school has become an extended family to my children. There have been students that have left NCA only to come back within weeks because they missed their "family". I have been very happy with the academic rigor. My children are very smart, so this is very important. They are in honors classes and my highschool student is on a college prep curriculum. The school has recently added a marine biology class to the highschool curriculum which includes a relationship with UNC Wilmington for up close and personal study of the ocean. There are numerous AP classes to prepare for college. In sports the children are taught God first, family second, school third and academics fourth. The school has had very successful sports. I can't recommend the school highly enough! It is a blessing to our family.

Posted September 23, 2013
We have been going here for going on our fourth year and we love NCA! Honestly after doing a lot of searching and visiting it was just the best fit for us, and hands down, it was the best value in a private school education. The only knock we have is that the school does not have a lacrosse program right now. My son would like to play basketball there, but they have been state champions for several years and it is an extremely competitive program. He is looking forward to the new marine biology program though as they have launched the only one in the state that will also let you get SCUBA certified and he loves sharks! Ha! The school has been through a tough time though (I guess five years ago now? Something like that...) and we were almost persuaded to go somewhere else at first, but the school brought on a new administrator and the school has really turned around. Matter of fact we almost didn't get back in this year because some of the classes are wait listing now due to the growth. Thankfully we did get back in, but I will never assume that I can wait till the last minute anymore!!!

Neuse Christian Academy 1

Posted May 07, 2013
I am in the process of moving to Raleigh from another state. My children have always attended good private Christian schools and I am looking for a great Christian school to continue their spiritual growth, but I have concerns after reading the different posts. I thought this was the forum to speak about ones experiences; it could be positive or negative ones. One should speak from their own perspective ONLY. All comments should be factual and welcomed. No one can speak of others experiences; only their own. Christians should act cautiously and not label and become judgmental as in the previous post. Judgmental post such as this is a real turn off to the prospective parent. It could appear that someone have something to gain from writing the post while lashing out and being defensive. One should be extremely cautious of these type posts if they want the school to be seen in the best positive light. And I might add that these type posts do not display good Christian behavior which is a major component of the school s belief.

Posted April 22, 2013
After reading the March 22 review I felt compelled to respond. This sounds like a disgruntled parent. No school is perfect for everyone but I honestly don't recognize that review as a description of NCA. I have found the faculty, staff and administration to genuinely care about the academic and spiritual needs of the students. We have been at NCA for four years and communication has improved each year. We have also seen a continued emphasis on academics. I am unaware of any policies being changed md-year. If you are looking for a private school that seeks to honor God and a school where everyone knows your child by name then check out NCA.

Neuse Christian Academy 2

Posted March 22, 2013
Please think twice regarding sending your child to this school! On the surface, it appears the administration/teachers are spiritually guided and has the best interest of the children at heart until there are issues. Most have a superiority complex where they do not care to be questioned. My family had many issues with the school policies being made up as they went and inconsistencies of policies of the teachers across the board. The school would also make decisions in a vacuum without parental involvement. When most parents found out about these new decisions, it is too late to act. There was a lack of commo between the teachers and the parents. Mtgs with administration/teachers to resolve issues also caused problems for our child in the classroom. We had to dis-enroll our child in the middle of the school year to find relief. This is mean-spirited behavior and has nothing to do with God or what they say they are about. They say that they are a nurturing faculty that is dedicated to the development of well-rounded students in a Christian environment in which their students flourish. There are a huge contradiction in who they say they are and who they actually are!

Posted January 29, 2012
This has been a wonderful school for our family. There is a great teacher to student ratio and the staff really cares for the children. The academics are also very good for a small school. Our oldest child was well prepared for college.

Posted November 20, 2011
This school administration had some problems 3 years ago with the pastor of the church leaving the church and school. That is old news. This school pulled itself up by the boot straps and faithfully followed God's desire for this small school of 250. This school is authentic and Christ serving. The academics are quality and the people are real. There is NO- keeping up with the Joneses- at the Neuse. The basketball program is top notch, the teams do win championships, but the team players follow all the same rules, financially and scholastically as the other students. The Coach is not the adminisrtor of the school. The coach is a leader at the school, though. Our children went to a more expensive, more elite Christian school a few miles away. We felt the values and sincerity of the Neuse was a better fit for our family. The teacher to student ratio is about 12 to 1 and the education has been excellent. The measurement of education and care of students is not in the grand facilities, but in the character and heart of the graduate.

Posted October 23, 2011
This school is amazing. We have been there for seven years, and have appreciated each moment. The staff truly loves to teach, the curriculum is well-planned and organized, and the feeling of community is wonderful. Your child will receive personal attention from loving, caring, well-educated, talented, professional teachers and staff. We look forward to the rest of our K-12 experience being there.

Neuse Christian Academy
7600 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh, NC  27615
Last modified Neuse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Neuse Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top