K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

One of the things I like about NCA is that it really does have a family feel. Although my child's teacher is in her second year at NCA, many of them have been here for 10-20 years. I also like that my child's teacher is a graduate of Neuse. I think it says something about a school that its graduates want to come back and teach at their alma mater. It's great to see my son excited about learning. We plan to be a part of the Neuse family for a long time!

The middle and high school academics at Neuse Christian Academy (NCA) are average to above average. My children did extremely well academically without much effort. Our family sacrificed a more challenging curriculum for the small environment. We had issues with the administration and some teachers. Despite being fully aware of a disability with my child, the administration attributed some of my child's actions to a behavior issue which was not the case. NCA was not honest. Instead of working with us on a positive plan, they became frustrated and placed the entire blame on my child. The school's behavior was not Christian and was disappointing for a school who claims to be Christian. They failed to live up to its mission of supporting families. In addition many who work at the school are related, or are fellow church members. There are instances of mother, son, daughter, sister-in-law, youth group pastor from another church, etc. working at the school. One has to question the hiring practices and if the best people are employed. Also, with the quality of families and students attending NCA, there should be more students attending four year colleges after graduation. The college planning and advising need to be improved and overhauled.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers at NCA are effective and supportive, our children have scored above grade level each year.

Amount of homework: Agree

Our children have been able to complete and submit all homework and projects at each grade level within a reasonable time frame.

Develops character: Strongly agree

NCA teachers encourage students to support one another and include everyone in activities. They model and expect all students to follow the rules and the honor code.

We are very happy with our experience at NCA. The teachers are caring and provide Christian centered support and guidance. The academics appear to be carefully researched, planned, and delivered.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The administration had "favorites" usually the kids with parents that are teachers, the "star" athletes or the kids with parents that are very involved at the school can get away with just about anything.

Wonderful school, atmosphere is clean and professional. Teachers appear to give un-divided attention to the students. Every year the school administer meets with parents to discuss the direction, vision for the school. She also discusses new things that were implemented. As a parent I get the impression they are really putting the overall family first. Which is good. If you have an issue or concern or need to meet with teacher or administration they have been very responsive and willing to listen and work with you. They do not yell at kids and when something is wrong they nicely/professional call the child to the side and explain the correct way to handle a situation if they did something wrong. Very well mannered kids. I immediately could tell a difference with my child after a month of her attending. As long as we are able we will do our best to keep her in a christian school environment and out of public school. Love/Manners/Respect/Education/Leaders and more are very important for us. Thank you NCA and keep striving to build/grow/and improve upon to be a successful school.

At Neuse Christian Academy, we are excited how God is changing lives in the classroom, the athletic fields/court, and on campus. Our Athletic Department is producing annually 16 different Middle School, JV, and Varsity athletic teams in 6 different sports (Baseball, Boys & Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Golf, Boys & Girls Soccer, and Volleyball). Most of our Coaches have either played and/or coached at the collegiate level and were recruited by colleges in their respective sports. This brings a standard to our athletic department which separates us from our competition. At Neuse Christian Academy in 26 years of State Athletic Competitions, we have won 1 National Championship, 7 State Championships, and been to 18 Final Fours for all of our sports combined. Neuse Christian Academy has been producing College Scholarship Student-Athletes since 1991. All of these great achievements have been accomplished through God's Blessings and the Truth in Colossians 3:17 which states, "And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

I have had children at NCA for 3 years. We came out of the public schools because we wanted a Christian education to help our children gain a biblical worldview as well as reduce class sizes. I have had children in all grades from K-10th. The administrators, principals and teachers are dedicated to the children. The school provides an incredible family feel. The school has become an extended family to my children. There have been students that have left NCA only to come back within weeks because they missed their "family". I have been very happy with the academic rigor. My children are very smart, so this is very important. They are in honors classes and my highschool student is on a college prep curriculum. The school has recently added a marine biology class to the highschool curriculum which includes a relationship with UNC Wilmington for up close and personal study of the ocean. There are numerous AP classes to prepare for college. In sports the children are taught God first, family second, school third and academics fourth. The school has had very successful sports. I can't recommend the school highly enough! It is a blessing to our family.

Last modified Neuse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12