Raleigh, NC

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 25, 2015
No, all the teachers care about is getting a pay check. I even believe some teachers are there to just treat the kids terrible and completely control the kids

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 25, 2015
The administration had "favorites" usually the kids with parents that are teachers, the "star" athletes or the kids with parents that are very involved at the school can get away with just about anything.

Neuse Christian Academy 1

Posted May 25, 2015
This school is absolutely horrible. Forget the "godly" environment. The kids are just as big of bullies as kids in public school, but probably worse. The kids do drugs, have sex on campus and use terrible language. Some kids even get treated better than others, like the kids with parents that are teachers at the school or the kids that are considered "star" athletes. Not to mention. The academics are suffering too. Since the class sizes are so small some kids feel like they can goof off and not get in trouble for it. This makes it almost impossible for the kids to learn anything. There is also very little to no SAT prep. The teachers also treat the students more like inmates as they give the students very little freedom, and even treat the older kids like first graders and family? What family? Every kid talks about another kid and because the school is so small what one kid says about another is very quickly spread to the whole school. Even the teachers have their gossip hour and talk about the students and other teachers. If you are looking for a good Christian school for your kids, this is not the place. When you first get their everyone seems very nice and vey loving and like they actually care, but it's all a show. I have never been around more unCHRIST-like people. Since the school is so small certain kids are easily targeted by certain teachers. Seriously, think twice before sending your kid here. Honestly, Your children are better off in a public school.....or a prison.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 25, 2015
The teachers don't even push their students and grades are handed to the kids. Especially the ones that faculty as parents. They don't even have to listen in class. Their grades are just put in the grade book without any effort.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 25, 2015
No, the adults don't even know how to respect each other, so they definitely cannot help develope respect in students. At my time in this school I've never sent more disrespectful kids. I've seen kids cuss out teachers in the hallway. Kids have punched walls because they were angry with the teacher, but of course the students were back the next day because they had a basketball game and the team needed them.

Posted February 11, 2014
Wonderful school, atmosphere is clean and professional. Teachers appear to give un-divided attention to the students. Every year the school administer meets with parents to discuss the direction, vision for the school. She also discusses new things that were implemented. As a parent I get the impression they are really putting the overall family first. Which is good. If you have an issue or concern or need to meet with teacher or administration they have been very responsive and willing to listen and work with you. They do not yell at kids and when something is wrong they nicely/professional call the child to the side and explain the correct way to handle a situation if they did something wrong. Very well mannered kids. I immediately could tell a difference with my child after a month of her attending. As long as we are able we will do our best to keep her in a christian school environment and out of public school. Love/Manners/Respect/Education/Leaders and more are very important for us. Thank you NCA and keep striving to build/grow/and improve upon to be a successful school.

Posted October 05, 2013
At Neuse Christian Academy, we are excited how God is changing lives in the classroom, the athletic fields/court, and on campus. Our Athletic Department is producing annually 16 different Middle School, JV, and Varsity athletic teams in 6 different sports (Baseball, Boys & Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Golf, Boys & Girls Soccer, and Volleyball). Most of our Coaches have either played and/or coached at the collegiate level and were recruited by colleges in their respective sports. This brings a standard to our athletic department which separates us from our competition. At Neuse Christian Academy in 26 years of State Athletic Competitions, we have won 1 National Championship, 7 State Championships, and been to 18 Final Fours for all of our sports combined. Neuse Christian Academy has been producing College Scholarship Student-Athletes since 1991. All of these great achievements have been accomplished through God's Blessings and the Truth in Colossians 3:17 which states, "And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Posted September 25, 2013
I have had children at NCA for 3 years. We came out of the public schools because we wanted a Christian education to help our children gain a biblical worldview as well as reduce class sizes. I have had children in all grades from K-10th. The administrators, principals and teachers are dedicated to the children. The school provides an incredible family feel. The school has become an extended family to my children. There have been students that have left NCA only to come back within weeks because they missed their "family". I have been very happy with the academic rigor. My children are very smart, so this is very important. They are in honors classes and my highschool student is on a college prep curriculum. The school has recently added a marine biology class to the highschool curriculum which includes a relationship with UNC Wilmington for up close and personal study of the ocean. There are numerous AP classes to prepare for college. In sports the children are taught God first, family second, school third and academics fourth. The school has had very successful sports. I can't recommend the school highly enough! It is a blessing to our family.

Posted September 23, 2013
We have been going here for going on our fourth year and we love NCA! Honestly after doing a lot of searching and visiting it was just the best fit for us, and hands down, it was the best value in a private school education. The only knock we have is that the school does not have a lacrosse program right now. My son would like to play basketball there, but they have been state champions for several years and it is an extremely competitive program. He is looking forward to the new marine biology program though as they have launched the only one in the state that will also let you get SCUBA certified and he loves sharks! Ha! The school has been through a tough time though (I guess five years ago now? Something like that...) and we were almost persuaded to go somewhere else at first, but the school brought on a new administrator and the school has really turned around. Matter of fact we almost didn't get back in this year because some of the classes are wait listing now due to the growth. Thankfully we did get back in, but I will never assume that I can wait till the last minute anymore!!!

Neuse Christian Academy 1

Posted May 07, 2013
I am in the process of moving to Raleigh from another state. My children have always attended good private Christian schools and I am looking for a great Christian school to continue their spiritual growth, but I have concerns after reading the different posts. I thought this was the forum to speak about ones experiences; it could be positive or negative ones. One should speak from their own perspective ONLY. All comments should be factual and welcomed. No one can speak of others experiences; only their own. Christians should act cautiously and not label and become judgmental as in the previous post. Judgmental post such as this is a real turn off to the prospective parent. It could appear that someone have something to gain from writing the post while lashing out and being defensive. One should be extremely cautious of these type posts if they want the school to be seen in the best positive light. And I might add that these type posts do not display good Christian behavior which is a major component of the school s belief.

7600 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh, NC  27615
Last modified Neuse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Neuse Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top