Posted July 24, 2015
The school has amazing new facilities and does everything so well, but it's really the incredible faculty that have made us fall in love with the school. Our kids simply love their school, and we see it all through their eyes. No place has 100% perfection, but from our experience, any time there have been issues of any sort -- academic, social or otherwise -- we've received wise, graceful, appropriate responses from the administration and faculty. We've often been amazed at the quality of the people there. The academics are challenging, but the teachers help our kids succeed. Our son who has graduated is at a great college and is doing very well, and our daughter is excelling in subjects she never thought she'd like until she got a teacher who inspired her. Overall, we have such warm fuzzies about our experience at St. David's.

St. David's School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 24, 2015
The faculty are real people who care about our kids and display a real life that mirrors their words. The great thing is that it is not a school that believes in indoctrination; it's a place where students are free to express doubts and questions, and discussions are engaged in with caring faculty in an atmosphere that encourages character development. We are so grateful for the impact St. David's has had on our children!!

Posted March 04, 2015
As a Lower School teacher, I am impressed by the academic rigor in the classroom while students are scaffolded, challenged, and best served to fit their needs. I probably take for granted the strong support of the parent community and how proactive parents are to partner with me as their child's educator. I have full support of the administration to help me pursue professional development opportunities, take risks in the classrooms with innovative projects, and utilize technology in a meaningful way. In terms of my colleagues, I work with passionate teachers whose priority is doing what's best for the student. My teammates encourage me to honor Christ through my teaching and to continually reflect to improve my teaching methods. My husband and I hope to send our daughter to St. David's once she is school age -- the commitment to faith/spiritual development, combined with phenomenal facilities and pursuit of academic excellence, make SDS a great fit for our growing family.

Posted February 15, 2015
We moved to Raleigh for the sole purpose of bringing our children to St. David's, and it was the best decision we ever made. The pairing of strong academics with a genuine commitment to faith is undeniably unique, and St. David's pulls it off. Our children came from a prestigious independent school, but one that ignored spiritual development. Once we decided we were going to make a change, we realized that most schools were either strong academically OR committed to spiritual development, and we were dismayed to find that there were hardly any that had both. St. David's was one of the very few exceptions in the entire region. Now, one of our kids has graduated and is a successful college student, and the second is a senior and has been accepted into top tier schools. The teachers are truly amazing, and the facilities are great. Sports, fine arts, student life -- all top-notch. St. David's has prepared our kids for the spiritual challenges that college offers, and it has sent/is sending them off to college way ahead of most of their peers from other schools.

Posted November 23, 2014
St. David's school is a high quality learning environment for our daughter. We moved to Raleigh this year from out of state and went through a long process of identifying the right school. We found St. David's to be the best fit for our family. The work is challenging and our daughter is constantly stretching her knowledge and skills. There is a blend of classwork, homework and practical application that logically progresses her along a learning path. We can see her confidence building as she adds new capabilities. Perhaps the most compelling aspect of St. David's is a continual pursuit of improvement. There is a Good to Great mentality that serves the students as well as the future of the school. We would highly recommend St. David's to others.

Posted September 04, 2014
St. David's is a fantastic school and this is attributed to their incredible faculty and staff members. Over the years, I was encouraged and motivated to work my hardest by my teachers, as well as from both my coaches and advisors. Through their mentorship and guidance I gained valuable academic skills and have grown in my self-confidence. St. David s School prepared me for a smooth and successful transition into college. It has also provided me with the necessary foundation to be a successful individual in and out of school.

Posted August 21, 2014
I am a current junior at St. David's and have been going here from 3rd-8th grade and 10th grade. I left St. David's for my freshman year to try something new, see more diversity, more class options, and larger class sizes. The teachers at St. David's are able to make connections with each of their students and have more one on one time because of the small class sizes. Each student strives for excellence in everything they do and are aided by their teachers to reach their full potential. This idea and mentality creates an atmosphere for success and high standards of academic achievement. The more personal interactions between the students and teachers creates better relationships and leads to success both inside and outside the classroom. Class options are an issue for many people because St. David's has a very limited number of faculty who can only teach so many classes. So when going to a larger school you are offered more classes, but I have never been around a more dedicated group of staff. The teachers love what they do and are constantly trying to increase their knowledge to better educate their students which is reflected the the class rigor.

Posted July 31, 2014
I felt welcomed by the community, interested student body, warm faculty, and St. David's has tremendous opportunities for professional advancement. I have worked at other Christian schools and this one is the most intellectually honest and rigorous I have been part of. It is no wonder they are sending students to the top schools in North Carolina. The parent support is out of this world!

Posted March 24, 2014
St. David's is a quality Christian school. As an Upper School teacher, I am supported very much by the administration. My freedom to choose my curriculum has allowed me to focus on conducting labs and allowing students to learn through authentic tasks. This flexibility allows me to teach my students how to think independently so that I can teach them to do science rather than perform a series of steps that I wrote. Furthermore, students are led through dynamic worship services and are given many chances to help lead worship themselves. Witnessing Christ working through students and seeing them speak His word has been such an influence on my own faith.

Posted May 29, 2013
This school is academically rigorous and it provides excellent extra-curricular opportunities to all students. Because of the school's size, most middle and high school sports are non-cut. Although my children have been only tangentially involved in them, the arts programs are fantastic. The musical and dramatic performances blow me away whenever I attend them. I am amazed at how talented children can become when they have been well coached. Most importantly, with a few rare exceptions, there is a general air of sweetness and concern that students show one another. As my son said shortly after he began attending St. David's middle school - "You don't have to be one of the cool kids. People just like you for who you are." It's a great, safe environment in which a child can mature, develop and engage in self-discovery.

St. David's School