Posted September 04, 2014
St. David's is a fantastic school and this is attributed to their incredible faculty and staff members. Over the years, I was encouraged and motivated to work my hardest by my teachers, as well as from both my coaches and advisors. Through their mentorship and guidance I gained valuable academic skills and have grown in my self-confidence. St. David s School prepared me for a smooth and successful transition into college. It has also provided me with the necessary foundation to be a successful individual in and out of school.

Posted August 21, 2014
I am a current junior at St. David's and have been going here from 3rd-8th grade and 10th grade. I left St. David's for my freshman year to try something new, see more diversity, more class options, and larger class sizes. The teachers at St. David's are able to make connections with each of their students and have more one on one time because of the small class sizes. Each student strives for excellence in everything they do and are aided by their teachers to reach their full potential. This idea and mentality creates an atmosphere for success and high standards of academic achievement. The more personal interactions between the students and teachers creates better relationships and leads to success both inside and outside the classroom. Class options are an issue for many people because St. David's has a very limited number of faculty who can only teach so many classes. So when going to a larger school you are offered more classes, but I have never been around a more dedicated group of staff. The teachers love what they do and are constantly trying to increase their knowledge to better educate their students which is reflected the the class rigor.

Posted July 31, 2014
I felt welcomed by the community, interested student body, warm faculty, and St. David's has tremendous opportunities for professional advancement. I have worked at other Christian schools and this one is the most intellectually honest and rigorous I have been part of. It is no wonder they are sending students to the top schools in North Carolina. The parent support is out of this world!

Posted March 24, 2014
St. David's is a quality Christian school. As an Upper School teacher, I am supported very much by the administration. My freedom to choose my curriculum has allowed me to focus on conducting labs and allowing students to learn through authentic tasks. This flexibility allows me to teach my students how to think independently so that I can teach them to do science rather than perform a series of steps that I wrote. Furthermore, students are led through dynamic worship services and are given many chances to help lead worship themselves. Witnessing Christ working through students and seeing them speak His word has been such an influence on my own faith.

Posted May 29, 2013
This school is academically rigorous and it provides excellent extra-curricular opportunities to all students. Because of the school's size, most middle and high school sports are non-cut. Although my children have been only tangentially involved in them, the arts programs are fantastic. The musical and dramatic performances blow me away whenever I attend them. I am amazed at how talented children can become when they have been well coached. Most importantly, with a few rare exceptions, there is a general air of sweetness and concern that students show one another. As my son said shortly after he began attending St. David's middle school - "You don't have to be one of the cool kids. People just like you for who you are." It's a great, safe environment in which a child can mature, develop and engage in self-discovery.

Posted December 01, 2012
Just happened across this site and saw the various reviews on St. David's. I have to write something here because I totally agree with the earlier reviews, and are somewhat baffled by the latest review. Yes, the school has amazing new facilities, but our family hasn't seen that take away from the education -- in fact, it gives the already amazing faculty there even better tools to work with. Maybe we're a bit biased as our kids simply love their school, and we see it all through their eyes. No place has 100% perfection, but from our experience, any time there have been issues of any sort -- academic, social or otherwise -- we've received wise, graceful, appropriate responses from the administration and faculty. We've often been amazed at the quality of the people there.

St. David's School 1

Posted August 18, 2012
We left St. Davids this year and wont be returning. Leadership seems more concerned on spending money on buildings than on education. Administration will not support teachers or respond to parent concerns. Until these issues are addressed, school enrollment will continue to decline.

Posted March 22, 2012
We switched our kids to St. David's four years ago, and we've been so happy. It was a challenge for our kids, as they hadn't gone to such an academically challenging school before, but the teachers and school support structure really helped them succeed, and now they are thriving.

St. David's School 1

Posted March 16, 2010

St. David's School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Any school that has an honor code that really works and an environment where kindergarten students are welcomed by High School students, with great academics and a love for Christ, we have found out childrn's school for life.

St. David's School
3400 White Oak Road, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified St. David's School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
St. David's School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.