Posted March 24, 2014
St. David's is a quality Christian school. As an Upper School teacher, I am supported very much by the administration. My freedom to choose my curriculum has allowed me to focus on conducting labs and allowing students to learn through authentic tasks. This flexibility allows me to teach my students how to think independently so that I can teach them to do science rather than perform a series of steps that I wrote. Furthermore, students are led through dynamic worship services and are given many chances to help lead worship themselves. Witnessing Christ working through students and seeing them speak His word has been such an influence on my own faith.

Posted May 29, 2013
This school is academically rigorous and it provides excellent extra-curricular opportunities to all students. Because of the school's size, most middle and high school sports are non-cut. Although my children have been only tangentially involved in them, the arts programs are fantastic. The musical and dramatic performances blow me away whenever I attend them. I am amazed at how talented children can become when they have been well coached. Most importantly, with a few rare exceptions, there is a general air of sweetness and concern that students show one another. As my son said shortly after he began attending St. David's middle school - "You don't have to be one of the cool kids. People just like you for who you are." It's a great, safe environment in which a child can mature, develop and engage in self-discovery.

Posted December 01, 2012
Just happened across this site and saw the various reviews on St. David's. I have to write something here because I totally agree with the earlier reviews, and are somewhat baffled by the latest review. Yes, the school has amazing new facilities, but our family hasn't seen that take away from the education -- in fact, it gives the already amazing faculty there even better tools to work with. Maybe we're a bit biased as our kids simply love their school, and we see it all through their eyes. No place has 100% perfection, but from our experience, any time there have been issues of any sort -- academic, social or otherwise -- we've received wise, graceful, appropriate responses from the administration and faculty. We've often been amazed at the quality of the people there.

St. David's School 1

Posted August 18, 2012
We left St. Davids this year and wont be returning. Leadership seems more concerned on spending money on buildings than on education. Administration will not support teachers or respond to parent concerns. Until these issues are addressed, school enrollment will continue to decline.

Posted March 22, 2012
We switched our kids to St. David's four years ago, and we've been so happy. It was a challenge for our kids, as they hadn't gone to such an academically challenging school before, but the teachers and school support structure really helped them succeed, and now they are thriving.

St. David's School 1

Posted March 16, 2010

St. David's School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Any school that has an honor code that really works and an environment where kindergarten students are welcomed by High School students, with great academics and a love for Christ, we have found out childrn's school for life.

Posted August 18, 2009
I love the fact that St. David's is decidedly Christian - not just in name only. My children have devotions every morning to start the day, meaningful chapel services with high quality music and lessons, teachers who live out their faith daily and encourage the same in the students. I hope they never lose touch with this fundamental quality. For parents simply looking for a school of status and aren't interested in a strong Christian atmosphere, look elsewhere because this school truly lives out its motto - faith, virtue, knowledge. My children are so happy at school and I feel good dropping them off each day knowing they're being nurtured in a Christian atmosphere.

St. David's School 0

Posted February 20, 2009
This is a great school. We have been there since Kindergarten and find the overall environment to be outstanding. The teachers really care about the students and are interested in helping each one. Our base school was not acceptable and we are very happy we got into St. David's. My daughter loves it and wants to go to school each day.

Posted January 12, 2009
This is a great school. The teachers really inspire the children to do their best. As a parent of two rather gifted children, I can't say the same about the public school they attended, where they seemed to sort of languish. They are so happy at St. David's. Unfortunately, the expense of private school is too much, so we are headed back to public or charter.

St. David's School
3400 White Oak Road, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified St. David's School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
St. David's School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.