PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Our daughter just started kindergarten at TRS. Although we have not been part of this community for very long, we are so pleased. She talks constantly about school and what she is learning. On the weekends, she even asks if it is a school day because she is so anxious to attend. Her teachers are phenomenal. They are so creative in their methods of teaching and truly make learning fun! We have found communication between the teachers and parents to be excellent. Community is fostered among the children, parents and teachers. It has been a top notch experience so far. If you are looking for an alternative to public school, I encourage you to check out TRS. We are so glad that we did!

We have not been at the school for very long. All I can say is they love it and I am constantly amazed at the quality of teaching and focus on learning. My children jump out of the car each morning and run to their classroom.

I have had 4 children who have either graduated from or currently attending The Raleigh School. The most amazing thing about this is that my children were in an environment that has fostered a love of learning. Not only is the learning fun but the teachers allow the kids to be kids and use their own creativity. Respect and kindness is expected- not rewarded. No matter where they go to middle school I believe that TRS has set the foundation of how teachers should treat students and how people treat people. This is a foundation that is critical in the early years. No place is perfect- but its close...Love, love this school and feel so fortunate to be a part of it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers. Of course I have my favorites but really can't go wrong with any of them

My children have been in the school through the preschool and now in the Elementary School. We continue to see our children being nurtured and grow into confident well rounded students with a passion for learning. The sense of community is a truly great one, and everyone from parents to teachers to support staff are deeply committed to the success of each child! GO TRS!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The TRS fosters a strong sense of fairness and integrity from its preschool foundation forward.

We are very happy with our choice to move our children from the public school system to The Raleigh School (TRS). While private school is a meaningful financial commitment, we believe it has been well worth the investment. Specifically, we love the vibrant and active community TRS fosters (across parents, students, and children), and also the foundations of diversity and respect the school fosters, which sums to us feeling that our children are extremely safe (physically and emotionally) at TRS. Academically, we are also pleased with the curriculum and believe our children will be well prepared for the next stage of their education.

This is the best elementary school in the area. We have three children, all three have had an outstanding learning experience academically and socially. The curriculum encourages self-responsibility, public speaking, presentations and excels in math and science. Our oldest child is a seventh grader at CA and the foundation of The Raleigh School has been invaluable. The school's tuition is a bargain for the return on investment.

My younger daughter is in 5th grade and my elder daughter is a Raleigh School graduate. The Raleigh School has been a spectacular place for both of my girls. They have learned how to learn. They have learned the art of kindness. They have thrived. The school is a wonderful community for the entire family. I will miss this wonderful, protective place where curiousity blossoms. I attended 10 schools, college and graduate school. Of all the institutions I have observed, the Raleigh School stands out as the most caring.

Our child had the worst experience in the 2's class. The teacher is a total nut and has extreme mood swings. Give our child a chance to grow and learn and stop the negativity. I have heard this consistently happens w this certain teacher. Too bad TRS, I hear you have great potential - but this teacher is the worst. The preschool is not working w us in any way to help our child and the problems w the teacher. Always an excuse so they can keep your money.

Last modified The Raleigh School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5