Posted January 16, 2014
Having had children in the Wake County Public Schools and children in Saint Raphael makes me able to compare both of their experiences - and the outcomes. I currently have two children at SRCS - and I have to say that the school lives up to its motto - Faith in Every Child. Our children are challenged academically - and nourished spiritually and emotionally. I have no doubt they will be well prepared for high school and for life. There are several children in both of their classes who are non-Catholic, and not only is it not an issue, it's a wonderful chance for ecumenical sharing! There is a strong and involved base of parents and community; which is felt most strongly in times of need and distress. SRCS has recently added a special needs teacher, which is going to be a tremendous asset for children with learning differences - and, in fact - for all of the children. Our children BOUND out of the car every morning - they love to go into school, and my husband says it warms his heart to see how happy they are to be going to school! We all want what is best for our children; if you are looking for a loving, caring and stimulating environment - look no farther than SRCS!

Posted January 16, 2014
We love Saint Raphael! We moved here this year midway through the year from another school. I toured with my family and we instantly fell in love with the place! We instantly felt the strong sense of community and family. The teachers are available and use great communication skills. The administration is top notch at all levels. How many principals take the time to send out birthday cards to kids on their birthday personally?? I have recommended this school to several friends already. I am excited to have my children at St. Raphael.

Posted December 06, 2013
We have been extremely pleased with the structure and involvement of leadership in the school. We feel strongly that our children are far advancing from an academic standpoint versus other children and schools in the area. The religious identity in the school is apparent in the values and ongoing communications we receive from our teachers and the administration. Our children are eager to attend and feel recognized by the administration and faculty for their academic and extra-curricular efforts. The prinicipals and administration are hands-on and we feel, fast to address concerns and problems. We would quickly recommend the school to new families or families interested in private, Catholic education. The teachers are true leaders of their faith and career choices in education, and it shows.

Posted October 10, 2013
Strong catholic identity, while welcoming to all others who are not Catholic. Caring, nurturing staff and faculty, where each child is appreciated and accepted. Challenging academic program - far advanced from any public school in the area. Diverse population which helps for a more rounded experience. Wonderful clubs and extracurricular activities extra help from all teachers, and a great athletic program - which includes clinics for those younger students not yet old enough to play Middle School sports. Would highly recommend this school over others in the area.

St. Raphael Catholic School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
After kindergarten, my daughter is reading above a first grade level. She has basic addition and subtraction skills. The class size is great, averaging less than 20 children per class. I hope that the school continues to provide academic opportunities and challenges. The school and teachers keep parents informed of school and classroom activities and events. The environment is clean and reinforces Catholic values. The school provides opportunities for extra-curricular activities.

Posted June 03, 2013
This school rocks! Such a positive energy flows through this place. Its's academically challenging and developing whole, successful little people with manners, respect, care and compassion for others-the list goes on...You can't get this in public school no matter how hard you try!

Posted May 21, 2013
Our family has been parishioners of Saint Raphael since we moved here in 1999. Not knowing the area at the time, I stumbled upon Saint Raphael because of its fabulous location and beautiful campus. And, to think how much it's grown in the last 14 years! Since then, my children have been students at the preschool and through Saint Raphael Catholic School. What can I say? It's been a fabulous experience. I have never met a kinder, more devoted faculty and we have made life-long friends with several fellow parents. We've laughed, we've cried, we've shared our children's milestones together. Looking back, Saint Raphael is exactly where I would want my children educated, with a strong Catholic Christian foundation to face life's challenges. They have the confidence and academic strength to carry them the rest of their way through school with a value-added sense of community and leadership. The teachers and staff are always willing to help students while fostering independence in an increasingly competitive world of education. And with the brand new Mac Lab, broadcast studio, gym, and performing arts stage, we are so blessed at Saint Raphael -- first rate, first choice.

St. Raphael Catholic School 4

Posted March 18, 2013
I have been going to Srcs since i was in 2nd grade and i am in 8th grade now. I feel like during these years I have grown up with my classmates. I look back at pictures, and realize how close we all are. Yes, there will always be negatives of a school but the positives matter too. The only thing i can critique is the lack of diversity of the school and no electives for middle school. Throughout the years, I have never been bullied or anything because for the most part everyone is accepting of everyone but there are always those bunch of kids who aren't. Whatever situation you are in, I feel the school tries to accommodate you so you can do the best you can. I feel prepared for high school since the academics at srcs wonderful. I have been an A/B student since the beginning. The school helps you strive for your goals and makes sure you do your best. My favorite part of the school is our mac lab which has around 30 macs which we use whenever the teachers need them. It has helped greatly. Srcs has groomed me into a smart, young person and i am grateful for that. If you are considering a catholic enviorment for your child this is the place. :)

St. Raphael Catholic School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
My child was at the ECC for three years and is now in the elementary school. Her teachers have all been wonderful, however, she is not being challenged at all. There are very few extra-curricular activities for the younger children. I would definitely not recommend SRCS if you are not a practicing catholic. We have been discriminated against in a way that is beyond belief. I am eager to find a more challenging and Christian environment for the coming year.

Posted September 12, 2012
Wow! I have been so impressed with St. Raphael! A new principal has come in with so much energy and really set a great tone for this school year. Anytime I am at the school, I see him interacting with the kids. Very impressed! The new Mac lab is awesome. My kids love it! The new teachers hired this year seem to be very good. New field is great. The facility at St. Raphael is second to none in my opinion with the Mac lab, gym, field, classrooms. I am very happy to have my kids at St. Raphael and would recommend this school to anyone.

St. Raphael Catholic School
5815 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified St. Raphael Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Raphael Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.