PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Posted October 30, 2015
This is our 8th year at school and I've had the unique experience of having a child in every environment, including now the Middle School in Durham (near Brier Creek). I fall in love with this school all over again every year. If you are a parent who's into grades and competing and your young kids being shamed and bribed to accomplish learning, this school is NOT for you. If you are a parent who is into collaboration, respect, courtesy, a value of the outdoor world, curriculum inter-connections and tailor-fit teaching for each child, then come and take a tour! "Real World Learning Works" and it creates critical thinkers not robots. This is (as many teaching experts agree throughout the world) so cutting edge in terms of education pedagogy, and what's great is the Montessori Method has been around forever. Now there will be an upper school, starting in 2016-2017, with an IB diploma. This will be the first Montessori/IB high school in the state of NC. You have to come and check out this fabulous independent school! Currently we are also building our own regulation-sized gymnasium, and in the next year or two also retrofitting the current admin building into an awesome performing arts center. Yes, our head of school was an attorney. She also has a Montessori administrator's certificate and is increasingly well-respected all of the state for her leadership. Did I mention you should come on a tour?

Posted October 30, 2015
I have 3 kids at MSR and have been a parent now within the MSR community for a decade. The school has always been above par, but over the last 3 years, and under the new leadership of our committed and dynamic Head of School, the school is now the premiere Montessori school in all of NC in my opinion. It is worth the investment in your children, not only academically but in terms of their character development as well. The community is a respectful, caring, safe and natural one that provides freedom within a framework. The emphasis is on the whole child and not on test scores, homework etc. The kids get to learn to be highly-functioning empathic global citizens who are beyond-prepared for the REAL world---- the ever-changing, interactive REAL world we now live in.

Montessori School Of Raleigh
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 30, 2015
Teaching the whole child is core to Montessori. Conflict resolution, honesty, caring and working together are central to everything they do, not just add-ons that are talked about once in a while.

Posted October 30, 2015
The school is amazing. As schools around the country scramble to change the way they teach in a rapidly-changing world, what they find is they want to be more like a Montessori school, where kids self-directed and self motivated, where they learn by doing, where they collaborate and where they learn grace and courtesy. MSR is quickly becoming one of the premier Montessori schools in the region. The teachers are carrying the two campuses are inviting and welcoming and the school has been led for the past 3 years by a new and dynamic head. Visit. See for yourself. My wife and I visited 8 years ago just to see what it was all about and knew within 20 minutes we had found our spot. We have 3 kids in the school now and couldn't be happier.

Posted October 30, 2015
My child attended The Montessori School of Raleigh from Pre-K through middle school and I am so pleased with the education he received. No school is perfect and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can’t imagine a better place to educate my child. It is an amazing campus and supportive community with a strong focus on learning; it is a great place to instill the love of learning in students. That alone, to me, is worth the price of admission. I grew up disliking school and didn’t want my child to feel the same. The students genuinely enjoy attending school, you can see it when you visit the classrooms and they will tell you the same thing. The skills my son learned at MSR will benefit him for the rest of his life. But don’t take my word for it or the word of the other strangers that have posted here, go visit the school and see for yourself.

Montessori School Of Raleigh 3

Posted October 13, 2015
Teachers are caring... Head of school is not an educator, but an attorney and it is apparent. We had a good experience in children's house, but found the elementary school to be lacking in math and language arts. We will not be returning.

Posted September 10, 2014
Love this school. The academics are solid. Above average. But the culture of safety, collaboration, respect, honesty, teamwork, leadership (I could go on and on) are what separates it from all other schools. Check out this premiere Montessori school! You owe it to your kids and yoru family.

Montessori School Of Raleigh 1

Posted December 19, 2013
MSR is a safe place for children at the Pre-K level but if you are looking for academic, you will not find it at MSR. Please make sure you know what you are getting yourself into! MSR has recently hired a curriculum coordinator to redo the elementary curriculum, this tells me that their method was not working and parents complained. I know teachers who teach at MSR that do not have their own children enrolled at MSR!!! That in itself should say a lot! I will be taking my daughter out next year. Also, Please notice that all the below five star reviews were posted on one day this month! seems strange to me! they are trying to prepare for enrollment in January since they are losing too many students. Please beware!

Posted December 04, 2013
My husband and I completely disagree on how to educate our children but, for the time being, he has agreed that they should attend MSR. MSR is a fabulous, safe place that gives work at the child's pace. My 4 yo has been dying to read and MSR makes that possible. She brought home her first book this week. My son is absorbing it all and learning about time management and setting goals. What a valuable life skill. MSR prepares our children to be good citizens of the world. Under the new Head of School, watch out. MSR is only going to get better. Yes, it is costly compared to public school but not to private school.

Posted December 04, 2013
The Montessori School of Raleigh is a truly remarkable school. We are thankful for every dime we have invested in our eight years on campus. Each of our three children are immensely grateful - as are we - for the opportunity to live, learn and grow in the company of such richly talented, diverse, compassionate, intellect, hard working parents, staff, teachers and students. Our eight years in various classrooms ranging from Toddler to 5th grade have not been without challenges. There are different personalities, strengths, learning styles, weaknesses, talents, etc. That said, we have been heard and responded to with good will, decisive leadership and honest intentions whenever any issues have arisen. I've believed in the mission of our school and the values and learning methods instilled throughout the learning environment since we began. It is a delight to see that belief and the work of so many committed MSR employees pay off as I watch my 5th grader transition into young adulthood with a profound respect for and commitment to lifelong learning.

Montessori School Of Raleigh
7005 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh, NC  27615
Last modified Montessori School Of Raleigh is a Private school that serves grades PK-9