Posted November 25, 2014
the people at the school are very rude. I would not recommand any parents to re-enroll their children in this school! this is a very bad school examples of christian school.

Raleigh Christian Academy 4

Posted February 25, 2014
My son attended RCA from K - 3. We moved him last year at 4th due to personal financial issues, though the school made it very clear they were willing to work with us. From our experience, RCA really is a great school. Having something to compare to, I can say that this school knows how to teach. My child learned core concepts in a way that made him retain knowledge, enthusiastic about learning, goal oriented, and kept him interested about every subject. He actually enjoyed school. As far as staff and teachers, everyone was very friendly to us. My son always had very caring teachers. Communication between his teachers and I was open. And, we never had an issue being a minority/African-American; the student population is pretty diverse in lower school. This was one of the most loving environments for my child. The only issue I had was I felt the Abeka curriculum could stand to be updated a bit but, this wasn't a deterrent.

Posted February 09, 2014
Graduated from here. Constantly wishing that my parents had never enrolled me in this school. I grew up as a loner in this school, because I could never quite fit in with any single one of the cliques that the school contained.

Raleigh Christian Academy 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I thought this school was great when we first enrolled our children because they do a good job of teaching old-school reading, writing and arithmetic. However it did not take long to see that certain families dominate the entire school; if you are not part of their clique, just be aware you will be ostracized. So very sad to see this attitude coming from a Christian school. Needless to say, we have taken our children (and our money) elsewhere.

Posted November 07, 2012
SEARCH NO FURTHER!! RCA is the greatest church-based school in Wake County!! Not only did I graduate from here, but I now have both of my own daughters here, one in elementary and one in senior high school. It is great that my oldest can take advanced math classes a year early! This year, RCA even introduced a way for her to take college-level classes for college credit (NOT the traditional AP-way). She could receive 60 hours worth of college credit while in high school. Just think of the tens of thousands of dollars in college savings! My youngest daughter gets to learn using cutting edge technology as the teacher teaches using "Mimio/Smart Boards." She loves going to school and does not want to miss!! Both of the girls have been getting great Bible-based training as well. I have yet to find a more excellent or a more affordable academic education with a strong Biblical emphasis than Raleigh Christian Academy!! (And, YES, most definitely was I ready for college as well as any other graduate! My younger brother who also graduated had a girl in his class to get a 4-year, FREE ride to Duke University. One of last years graduates got 4-years, FREE to Campbell University.)

Posted June 13, 2012
I actually do not know what to say about this school. My major concerns are the Academics/ Stanford Testing. My children received excellent grades on their report cards but the problem was their Stanford Test scores were ranging average with quite a few subject areas below average. What was very disturbing was that my children said that when they took the Stanford Test, they did not understand the questions because they did not learn that particular topic/subject area. I agree that rote learning is the foundation to help children learn before they can apply it. However, as a child continues to excel to the next grade level there should be an equal balance between rote learning and application. There may be many students in the public schools who do not pass their EOG test, but what is is so sad is that I paid for a Christian private school to not only teach my children Christian values and beliefs but for a better education. Unfortunately it did not work in my case. For future readers, this review has nothing to do with fear and pride but just the facts of my experience.

Posted April 03, 2012
Don't be fooled by those who would lead you through fear and pride. RCA is an educational experience. If you are truly concerned about your children, their moral and ethical maturity, their mental development, their christian growth then send them to RCA. Academically RCA students are well prepared for the future.

Posted April 03, 2012
RCA is wonderful! If you are truly serious about your child's education, you would put him/her in RCA. If your child needs discipline this is the best way to do it. Children will conform to what ever their surroundings are. That's one of the drawbacks of public education. Many children pick up behaviors and lower their expectations in order to fit in. If you are rearing them to love God and always strive for the higher prize at home, this concept will be reinforced during the school day. As for the rote learning, there is a foundation that children must learn before they can apply it. Many students in public school can not pass the EOG test simply because were trying "apply" what they don't know. All of the rote learning gets incorporated into applications as the students progress to the next level. Student who graduate from there, have far higher test scores than those of public schools. RCA is one of the best schools in North Carolina!

Posted August 03, 2011
This school is not for everyone, not only is there racial tension particularily amongst the students but some teachers as well. This school is actually a clique under the pretense of christianity. They are severely behind the North Carolina Public School System in both mathematics and Science. I strongly urge a certain population not to enroll.

Raleigh Christian Academy 0

Posted June 24, 2008
RCA has been wonderful for my three children. They really blossomed when we brought them here. Six years later, they are still doing well and enjoying it. They have made life-long friends among the students and the teachers. I know that they will be prepared for college, not just academically, but emotionally and spiritually as well.

Raleigh Christian Academy
2110 Trawick Road, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Raleigh Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Raleigh Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top