Raleigh, NC

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 03, 2015
I have heard many things about the teachers at this school that were almost all positive. Teachers are not perfect, but these teachers DO care. Just like your kids, they have their own personalities too. My three kids are all at RCA and in 2nd grade or lower. The teachers and daycare have been great.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 03, 2015
All kids are different. Each is motivated by different activities. I have seen this in my own children for sure. My son is not as interested in scholastic activities as he is in sports. Having said that, I was VERY surprised at how well he did in his schooling. Although some kids do struggle, the teachers are there to help and give advice on how parents can assist what is taking place in class.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 03, 2015
Definitely yes. My kids are taught to help other students and to do unto others how they would want to be treated. Ultimately, the kids follow the parents example; however, teachers assist in cultivating this spirit in children at this school also.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 03, 2015
Kids are DEFINITELY taught integrity. The school upholds the highest standards. I do know of parents that do not come along-side the teachers at times which seems to be a common problem these days in all schools. However, the teachers here care about your child and teach them the highest standard of moral integrity and honesty. These teachers LOVE there kids.

Raleigh Christian Academy 5

Posted August 03, 2015
This school provides a VERY solid scholastic experience AND biblical teaching. Our six year old was writing cursive in K-4 and reading short books. Our 4-year old was doing just as well going through K-4 last year. The kids learn the Bible in Chapel and your teachers will come along-side you for direction. I highly recommend RCA to all my friends and family and do not regret the decision we have made to keep our kids here.

Raleigh Christian Academy 5

Posted April 21, 2015
Our daughter has been at RCA for almost three school years now, in 9th, 10th, and now 11th grade, and she loves it. Is it perfect? Of course not, because we as humans are not perfect, nor ever will be. Do they love their students? YES. Do they teach God's Word? YES. Are they different than the world? YES. Are they academically superior to the NC Public Schools? YES. Do they provide multiple opportunities for your student to grow and mature in other non-academic areas? YES. RCA is one of the best options in Raleigh for your child and I would not hesitate one bit to enroll your child there in any grade.

Raleigh Christian Academy 1

Posted November 25, 2014
the people at the school are very rude. I would not recommand any parents to re-enroll their children in this school! this is a very bad school examples of christian school.

Raleigh Christian Academy 4

Posted February 25, 2014
My son attended RCA from K - 3. We moved him last year at 4th due to personal financial issues, though the school made it very clear they were willing to work with us. From our experience, RCA really is a great school. Having something to compare to, I can say that this school knows how to teach. My child learned core concepts in a way that made him retain knowledge, enthusiastic about learning, goal oriented, and kept him interested about every subject. He actually enjoyed school. As far as staff and teachers, everyone was very friendly to us. My son always had very caring teachers. Communication between his teachers and I was open. And, we never had an issue being a minority/African-American; the student population is pretty diverse in lower school. This was one of the most loving environments for my child. The only issue I had was I felt the Abeka curriculum could stand to be updated a bit but, this wasn't a deterrent.

Raleigh Christian Academy 1

Posted February 09, 2014
Graduated from here. Constantly wishing that my parents had never enrolled me in this school. I grew up as a loner in this school, because I could never quite fit in with any single one of the cliques that the school contained.

Raleigh Christian Academy 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I thought this school was great when we first enrolled our children because they do a good job of teaching old-school reading, writing and arithmetic. However it did not take long to see that certain families dominate the entire school; if you are not part of their clique, just be aware you will be ostracized. So very sad to see this attitude coming from a Christian school. Needless to say, we have taken our children (and our money) elsewhere.

2110 Trawick Road, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Raleigh Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Raleigh Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top