K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

In over 30 years as a professional educator, I have never known a school to be more gracious, welcoming, accommodating or community-oriented than Trinity Academy. This remains my observation after six years as Trinity's head of school. Many, many families love this school, as evidenced by better than 90% retention of current families and more than 10% growth from new families per year for the past 6 years. Combine this with ACT, SAT, AP and ERB scores, and college scholarship offers, that rival the finest schools in North Carolina, and you have compelling reason to enroll and stay at Trinity. But, don't take my word for it. Please come see for yourself. However, people are still people and children are still children. So, although the complaints expressed in some posts on this site were not brought to my attention, it would never surprise me to learn that someone at Trinity had an issue that was not resolved to their satisfaction. My assumption is that Trinity will suffer similar ills to those that plague other schools. But, I am confident of two things; that there will be fewer ills at Trinity and that we will deal with them, when called to our attention, differently - balancing responsibility with grace, as best as we can. Nonetheless, any unresolved issue involving our children is unbearable for us as parents. And, even if we or our children are partially responsible, it feels better to hold someone else entirely responsible. I regret that Trinity has wounded a former parent and a former employee to the point of provoking repeated negative posts to this site. I would invite anyone with concerns about Trinity to contact me directly. My door is always open and I am eager to resolve all issues and learn how we can serve our families better. Likewise, I would invite anyone interested in a dynamic school community that combines exceptional academic quality with authentic Christian living to come dig under the surface and discover the real Trinity. Odds are better than 90% that if you come, you'll stay! RL, Head of School
February 14, 2011

Bad
Good

Trinity Academy of Raleigh is a Christian school that cares about it's students and has a true sense of community! Our children are getting a classical education, and learning how to strengthen their relationship with Christ! We pulled them from public school when we noticed that grammar, writing, spelling and cursive were being eliminated from the core curriculum. Trinity focuses on all of that plus teaching critical thinking, logic, and Latin from an early age. From the moment we stepped on the campus for a tour, we felt this was an exceptional and nurturing community that we wanted our children to be a part of. Now that we are on our second year here, we see firsthand how the teachers and staff truly care about each and every student. They will go above and beyond to help your child succeed not just academically but also emotionally! While it was a hard financial commitment to switch from public school to private, Trinity Academy has proven to be the right choice for our family and we love it! Stacy and Mike Gray

I have a senior at Trinity Academy and another child that graduated a couple of years ago. They started attending Trinity Academy in 2004. It has been one of the best decisions we could have made for our children and our family. The education they have received has not only prepared them for any rigorous college program but it has taught them to be strong critical thinkers and comfortable public speakers. My children have been involved in school as prefects, athletes, and helpers in the after school program and summer camps. Each of these programs have helped developed in them strong service-oriented leadership values and skills. Christ is at center of everything Trinity Academy teaches, be it leadership, athletics or academics. The teachers, coaches and faculty are wonderful and they care about each student's success. Trinity Academy is not just a school, it is a community of faculty, students and parents that make you feel like you are your children belong there.

I am a former student. This is my attempt at an objective view of my experience at Trinity. The staff I loved, theater-Ms.D, chemistry-Mrs.H, Mr.B-humanities. The material was interesting and I was encouraged to question and learn. However, the social environment was the worst environment I have ever experienced. I was bullied, put down, made fun of, and made to feel worthless every single day by the other students-specifically 2 girls. The loneliness was unbearable. The staff saw and did nothing. Except for Mr.B-who stood up for me once. I never once saw them standing up for my emotional and mental safety, even when it happened right before their eyes and as I watched them watch it unfold, desperate for their support. I have never felt so let down by the adults in my life. As a student, I felt suicidal for awhile, helpless to change my situation, even as I tried my best to resolve the interpersonal problems between the students and I. It has taken me quite a few years to get over the bulk of my anger. It still deeply bothers me. While perhaps specific to my class, these problems were never addressed nor resolved. The education was great, but I would NEVER send my child here.

As a student I was very impressed with the staff and the quality of education. The two biggest issues I had with this school was the lack of buildings and the upper school principle who seemed like a totalitarian dictator who regularly abused his power and seemed to enjoy putting us students "in our place." However the head master was the best.

Outstanding academic, spiritual, social and athletic programs! Love the lower school! The teachers and lower school administration are top-notch- really caring and committed to the growth and development of my children. I can't imagine ever leaving this jewel of a community!

We have two teenagers at Trinity and they have both been there since kindergarten. Both of my children have thrived at Trinity. Was it always roses? no,but no school is perfect. We have found that both the teachers and the faculty know and love our kids! They make a point to build relationships. This is a college prep school that offers a great honors program, superior arts programs and great athletics. The athletic program is fantastic! Every coach treats the players with love and respect, teaching them sports and the game of life. Both of my kids are involved in school; prefects, athletics, drama, music, tutoring other students, and volunteering their time at Camp Trinity each summer. You truly get out of school what you put in. If you plan on turning over your children and abdicating any responsibility for their education and personal growth, then I can see how some reviewers would be unhappy with the way things turned out for their kids. This is a GREAT school - we love it and will continue to support Trinity Academy until our students graduate.

We are a new family at Trinity, and really have enjoyed our year so far. Trinity's reputation as a great school that prepares your child for college is well known, but I had no idea how warm and inviting the community that exists here would be. My child is in the upper school, and all of his teachers seem to be well-educated, engaging, Christian teachers who really care about their students. Mr. Pond (the Upper School Head/Principal) checks in frequently with us to ensure that our "Trinity experience" has been a good one, and my child already feels so connected to the teachers and him. The only weird thing I've noticed is that there seems to be some negativity among the ladies that work in the main office. I'm not sure why, nor do I seek to get involved with gossip (and there is some), but there is a definite air of tension present between them that you can feel when you are in that building. I hope that changes, since they all seem like nice people. Overall, we love Trinity and would recommend it to anyone who wants a great experience for their children.

Terrible - concerned more with $'s than the actual kids that go to the school.

After 4 years at this school, we have been so impressed and grateful! Teachers and Administration Team is extremely supportive and passionate caring for our children. Our children have wonderful and kind classmates that want the best for each other. Best of all, our children love going to school!

Trinity is the best school in the area for preparing your child for college academically. My oldest felt their first semester in college was a breeze after graduating from this fine school. Our experience in the with the upper school finds the teachers willing to work with your student requiring only the child pursue them as needed. I have seen the teachers go the extra mile to make themselves available and willing to meet the students where they are. The college adviser is just absolutely outstanding. Our experience with this school has not been perfect but no school run by people could ever be perfect. Simply outstanding in all regards!

Last modified Trinity Academy Of Raleigh is a Private school that serves grades K-12