Trinity Academy Of Raleigh 2

Posted April 28, 2014
I am a former student. This is my attempt at an objective view of my experience at Trinity. The staff I loved, theater-Ms.D, chemistry-Mrs.H, Mr.B-humanities. The material was interesting and I was encouraged to question and learn. However, the social environment was the worst environment I have ever experienced. I was bullied, put down, made fun of, and made to feel worthless every single day by the other students-specifically 2 girls. The loneliness was unbearable. The staff saw and did nothing. Except for Mr.B-who stood up for me once. I never once saw them standing up for my emotional and mental safety, even when it happened right before their eyes and as I watched them watch it unfold, desperate for their support. I have never felt so let down by the adults in my life. As a student, I felt suicidal for awhile, helpless to change my situation, even as I tried my best to resolve the interpersonal problems between the students and I. It has taken me quite a few years to get over the bulk of my anger. It still deeply bothers me. While perhaps specific to my class, these problems were never addressed nor resolved. The education was great, but I would NEVER send my child here.

Posted January 27, 2014
As a student I was very impressed with the staff and the quality of education. The two biggest issues I had with this school was the lack of buildings and the upper school principle who seemed like a totalitarian dictator who regularly abused his power and seemed to enjoy putting us students "in our place." However the head master was the best.

Posted January 22, 2014
Outstanding academic, spiritual, social and athletic programs! Love the lower school! The teachers and lower school administration are top-notch- really caring and committed to the growth and development of my children. I can't imagine ever leaving this jewel of a community!

Posted December 10, 2013
We have two teenagers at Trinity and they have both been there since kindergarten. Both of my children have thrived at Trinity. Was it always roses? no,but no school is perfect. We have found that both the teachers and the faculty know and love our kids! They make a point to build relationships. This is a college prep school that offers a great honors program, superior arts programs and great athletics. The athletic program is fantastic! Every coach treats the players with love and respect, teaching them sports and the game of life. Both of my kids are involved in school; prefects, athletics, drama, music, tutoring other students, and volunteering their time at Camp Trinity each summer. You truly get out of school what you put in. If you plan on turning over your children and abdicating any responsibility for their education and personal growth, then I can see how some reviewers would be unhappy with the way things turned out for their kids. This is a GREAT school - we love it and will continue to support Trinity Academy until our students graduate.

Posted October 28, 2013
We are a new family at Trinity, and really have enjoyed our year so far. Trinity's reputation as a great school that prepares your child for college is well known, but I had no idea how warm and inviting the community that exists here would be. My child is in the upper school, and all of his teachers seem to be well-educated, engaging, Christian teachers who really care about their students. Mr. Pond (the Upper School Head/Principal) checks in frequently with us to ensure that our "Trinity experience" has been a good one, and my child already feels so connected to the teachers and him. The only weird thing I've noticed is that there seems to be some negativity among the ladies that work in the main office. I'm not sure why, nor do I seek to get involved with gossip (and there is some), but there is a definite air of tension present between them that you can feel when you are in that building. I hope that changes, since they all seem like nice people. Overall, we love Trinity and would recommend it to anyone who wants a great experience for their children.

Trinity Academy Of Raleigh 1

Posted July 26, 2013
Terrible - concerned more with $'s than the actual kids that go to the school.

Posted February 28, 2013
After 4 years at this school, we have been so impressed and grateful! Teachers and Administration Team is extremely supportive and passionate caring for our children. Our children have wonderful and kind classmates that want the best for each other. Best of all, our children love going to school!

Posted January 18, 2013
Trinity is the best school in the area for preparing your child for college academically. My oldest felt their first semester in college was a breeze after graduating from this fine school. Our experience in the with the upper school finds the teachers willing to work with your student requiring only the child pursue them as needed. I have seen the teachers go the extra mile to make themselves available and willing to meet the students where they are. The college adviser is just absolutely outstanding. Our experience with this school has not been perfect but no school run by people could ever be perfect. Simply outstanding in all regards!

Posted January 16, 2013
What a great school! We are a new family and just finished our first semester. We had heard that the upper school (Trinity calls its middle and high school "upper school") would be hard, but everyone here from Courtney and Anita in admissions, to the great teachers in my child's classrooms to the wonderful Mr. Pond, who oversees everything in the upper school Principal, have given us the best educational experience of our lives. Dr. Littlejohn, who is the Head of School, is a visionary leader and an expert in classical and Christian education. I don't know why anyone would send their children to other schools.

Posted August 30, 2012
Professional faculty in a loving Christian environment. Strong academic program. Our family loves this school!

Trinity Academy Of Raleigh
10224 Baileywick Road, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified Trinity Academy Of Raleigh is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Trinity Academy Of Raleigh Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.