Posted May 02, 2014
Raleigh Charter provided my daughters a safe environment to learn, explore, dream and make friends. Exceptionally inspiring teachers constantly pushed boredom aside and introduced new concepts in every arena. We enjoyed the way our children were encouraged to become responsible citizens of the planet, Earth. The value of their years at Raleigh Charter? Priceless. Thank you to the entire staff at Raleigh Charter for the gift that keeps on giving and enriching our lives...'the love of learning'.

Raleigh Charter High School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
Beware! The elite academia attitude and unwillingness to work with kids that are not super super brilliant. Arrogant teachers and very uncooperative administration. It appears that the administration at Raleigh Charter has gotten too big for their britches. With all the charter school actions now available in North Carolina do your homework! Think about another option than Raleigh Charter. It's a pressure cooker!

Posted January 24, 2013
This is an excellent college-prep school for academically driven students. Both my children are thriving there. The teachers, administrators and staff are overall very engaging and supportive not just in the classrooms but in all aspects of extra-curriculum activities. I wish the achievements and awards won by the students and school are publicized so that the public would know what a great school this is.

Posted August 25, 2012
Coming into my 2nd year at Raleigh Charter from a rough middle school with below average academics, I cannot be more thankful for the fact that I was accepted (after being on the wait list for months). The teachers are fantastic, I can tell that they REALLY love what they do and they're constantly trying to help us learn. Every single teacher at this school will stay after school as long as you need them to until you understand and are constantly coming up with unique and effective methods of teaching. The students here are even better, there's no bullying or harassment. We're really tight-knit and are all motivated to learn, so there will never be a group project in which you do all the work. IF you get in here, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY. Welcome to the charter family! :)

Posted June 08, 2011
I graduated in 2010 and I can honestly say those were the best four years of my life. Raleigh Charter is a tightly knit community whose students come to school every day because they actually want to be there--not because their parents are forcing them to go. The students at RCHS are fabulous, and since graduating I haven't had many conversations that could compare to those I had with my classmates at Charter. It's not an easy school so don't expect to only have an hour of homework each night. But do expect, however, that you will be well prepared for college or anything else you choose to pursue after high school. Sadly, RCHS is moving to a new site on Glenwood and will no longer be located at Pilot Mill.

Posted January 27, 2011
Raleigh Charter High School is a great school that is greatly involved in the community. However, I would have to say that the main aspect of Raleigh Charter High School is the culture of the students. At Raleigh Charter High School students enter into classrooms where they can feel free to express themselves as they choose. There is no fear that someone will put your opinion down in class discussions. The factor is one of the main reasons why Raleigh Charter does so well. Here at Raleigh Charter High School the students learn to create an excellent learning environment for themselves.

Raleigh Charter High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
High academic standards on bare bones budget. Consistently ranks in the top 30 schools in the country in spit of the fact there is no cafeteria, no auditorium, no media center, no athletic field, etc. Intelligent, respectful adults mentoring intelligent, respectful students.

Posted June 27, 2010
We feel like we truly won the lottery jackpot! Not for everyone - but just right for us! Quite simply; The Best! Thank you, Dr. Humble!

Posted February 28, 2010

Posted February 06, 2010
Both of my sons went to Raleigh Charter. The quality of the education they received was way beyond what we had hoped for. But the school is also great because of the family feeling and the acceptance of differences in the students. Everyone feels welcome at Raleigh Charter.

Raleigh Charter High School
1307 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Raleigh Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raleigh Charter High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.