Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 13, 2016
I was a student who graduated in RCHS's 2010 class. Six years have passed, and I still feel just as pleased with my experience at Raleigh Charter as I did when I had just finished. My favorite thing about RCHS was the friendly and inquisitive environment of students and teachers. My classmates were eager to learn, rather than reluctant (like the kids in my middle schools). There was an air of excitement and openness. I also never really saw any bullying, and always felt very happy and welcomed among my peers. When my current boyfriend told me about the bullying he experienced at his high school, I realized how lucky I was that my school fostered such a good environment. The teachers and students both created this environment, and I can only hope the RCHS community still has that warmth. I could speak about RCHS's academics, but testimonials, student test scores, and the victories of RCHS academic teams, etc. have already said plenty on that front. All I will say is that the school is appropriately challenging, and that the atmosphere of support among students and teachers helped give me the resolve to work hard. If you get into RCHS, you are lucky. You are set for a strong education and a fun four years, as long as you work hard.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 13, 2016
Dr. Marschall, Ms. Solano, Mr. Caudill, Mr. Thelen, Mrs. Newmark, Ms. Koch, Ms. Cone. Thanks to all of you in particular

Posted April 19, 2016
RCHS left my daughter exquisitely prepared for college at UNC. In her four years at Raleigh Charter, I marveled at both the students and the staff: Confident, engaging, passionate, articulate are all terms that come to mind. They do expect a lot from their students - if you are expecting four years of sliding by with a minimum of homework and expectations, you will be disappointed. However, if you want to get a world-class education that will make the college transition much less painful, RCHS is the place to go. Look online for the accolades, including the 2016 Washington Post's ranking as the top high school in NC and 125th in the nation.

Posted May 02, 2014
Raleigh Charter provided my daughters a safe environment to learn, explore, dream and make friends. Exceptionally inspiring teachers constantly pushed boredom aside and introduced new concepts in every arena. We enjoyed the way our children were encouraged to become responsible citizens of the planet, Earth. The value of their years at Raleigh Charter? Priceless. Thank you to the entire staff at Raleigh Charter for the gift that keeps on giving and enriching our lives...'the love of learning'.

Raleigh Charter High School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
Beware! The elite academia attitude and unwillingness to work with kids that are not super super brilliant. Arrogant teachers and very uncooperative administration. It appears that the administration at Raleigh Charter has gotten too big for their britches. With all the charter school actions now available in North Carolina do your homework! Think about another option than Raleigh Charter. It's a pressure cooker!

Posted January 24, 2013
This is an excellent college-prep school for academically driven students. Both my children are thriving there. The teachers, administrators and staff are overall very engaging and supportive not just in the classrooms but in all aspects of extra-curriculum activities. I wish the achievements and awards won by the students and school are publicized so that the public would know what a great school this is.

Posted August 25, 2012
Coming into my 2nd year at Raleigh Charter from a rough middle school with below average academics, I cannot be more thankful for the fact that I was accepted (after being on the wait list for months). The teachers are fantastic, I can tell that they REALLY love what they do and they're constantly trying to help us learn. Every single teacher at this school will stay after school as long as you need them to until you understand and are constantly coming up with unique and effective methods of teaching. The students here are even better, there's no bullying or harassment. We're really tight-knit and are all motivated to learn, so there will never be a group project in which you do all the work. IF you get in here, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY. Welcome to the charter family! :)

Posted June 08, 2011
I graduated in 2010 and I can honestly say those were the best four years of my life. Raleigh Charter is a tightly knit community whose students come to school every day because they actually want to be there--not because their parents are forcing them to go. The students at RCHS are fabulous, and since graduating I haven't had many conversations that could compare to those I had with my classmates at Charter. It's not an easy school so don't expect to only have an hour of homework each night. But do expect, however, that you will be well prepared for college or anything else you choose to pursue after high school. Sadly, RCHS is moving to a new site on Glenwood and will no longer be located at Pilot Mill.

Posted January 27, 2011
Raleigh Charter High School is a great school that is greatly involved in the community. However, I would have to say that the main aspect of Raleigh Charter High School is the culture of the students. At Raleigh Charter High School students enter into classrooms where they can feel free to express themselves as they choose. There is no fear that someone will put your opinion down in class discussions. The factor is one of the main reasons why Raleigh Charter does so well. Here at Raleigh Charter High School the students learn to create an excellent learning environment for themselves.

Posted October 12, 2010
High academic standards on bare bones budget. Consistently ranks in the top 30 schools in the country in spit of the fact there is no cafeteria, no auditorium, no media center, no athletic field, etc. Intelligent, respectful adults mentoring intelligent, respectful students.

1307 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC  27604
Last modified Raleigh Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.