Dillard Drive Middle 5

Posted September 15, 2014
The teachers have a genuine care and concern for their students. The academically gifted program teacher wants your child to be challenged to their appropriate level. There are many terrific electives offered here that are not at neighboring schools.

Posted June 10, 2014
I thought this school was the worst school ever. My child was bullied the whole time there and the teacher did nothing my child decided she wanted to come home and hurt herself. The teachers protected the bullies. I dont recommend no-one to send there child to ddms.. we got a new principal that makes 90,000 and she couldn't do nothing to help those kids the teachers dont care anyway. I very disappointed with this school and my kids will not be back. To the staff ,administration and the principal thank you for letting my child feel like she couldn't come to you when she really needed you.. Thank you for letting the bullies know it was ok to bully kids yall did an awesome job!!

Posted June 08, 2014
Horrible staff, horrible students, horrible education, horrible school, horrible overall. I do not recommend this school for anybody.

Posted April 08, 2014
My school is absolutely the worst school ever. I was bullied and then when I got jumped the girl got iss. She continued to bother me after this, so I fought her and I got suspended. Like how is that even okay? If you put your kid in this school, you are the worst parent ever.

Dillard Drive Middle 2

Posted December 27, 2013
Not pleased with this school. Haven't had a parent teacher conference since arriving at this school last year. Some teachers go above and beyond to help with student issues while others never respond to parent emails. Enrolled students in online math courses without discussing with parents or students prior to enrollment. Administration not responding to bullying appropriately - not listening to students who are being bullied and/or punishing students who are the victims of bullying.

Posted September 08, 2013
Terrible school. I wad bullied every day, and the administrators protected the bullies! A kid tried to hurt me after I told him to stop messing with me. He proceeded to pound on me as I held my arms up in useless defense. The kid and I got the same 'punishment'. I dreaded going there every day, and the stress even caused medical problems. Better School in the Area: East Cary Middle School

Dillard Drive Middle 4

Posted May 06, 2012
My son has had a good year at Dillard. We have been very pleased with his teachers. The communication has been excellent and the support when there were any issues, very reassuring. My son looks forward to school each day. There are no perfect schools, and Dillard is no exception, but our experience has only been positive.

Posted November 02, 2011
This school is AWEFUL!!! Our daughter was there for her 6th grade year and we had to transfer her out because of BULLYING!! She was being bullied everyday and the problem was when we brought it to the principals attention* he pretty much defended the bullies!!!! They cater to the bullies and give them treats to make them behave but obviously it doesn't work.. Students are out of control- our daughter was kicked and slapped! We were very unhappy with this school and would not recommend anyone sending their child there!!!

Posted October 28, 2011
HORRID!!!! what the jell-o! oh my gosh! That school is just horrid!!!! Absolutely HORRID!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!!

Posted June 29, 2011
I personally do not think this is a good school. We allowed our daughter attend her 8th grade year before going on to high school. Prior to this year, she was in private school. We made a huge mistake in selecting this school. Her teachers did not challenge her, or really educate her for that matter. When we brought this to the administrations attention, they did nothing except talk about the accomplishments of the teachers. I wasn't concerned with their credentials at that point, considering they were doing nothing for my child. One teacher had absolutely no control over her classroom. When I went in to meet with her; she literally cried at the end of her class and complained about how unruly and behind they were. I witnessed some of class and its not the students fault. This teacher had no boundaries for them. They were allowed to walk around, in/out, and socialized as they pleased. She stood in front of the room and dictated what they should've learned in their reading assignment that she had just assigned and gave a few minutes for them to read while she looked around and said nothing to those moving about and talked. My daughter learned nothing while at this school.

Dillard Drive Middle
5200 Dillard Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Dillard Drive Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dillard Drive Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.