Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 18, 2016
Wow in the end of school meeting where my son has went well actually from 18 to 100 teacher that right there and told me that my son come to her and ask her for those extra points and she just gave it to him even though he hadn't done the class work, nor respected her, or respect to the class

Dillard Drive Middle 2

Posted July 18, 2016
Teachers seem to play favorites to some students while allowing other things to go on that should not. My son was in trouble a lot this year!.. just over 28 days suspended and in-school suspensions and was still passed against my request!!!! when I called for a conference it ended up taking over a month and a half to come up with dates that work for both of us during that conference they explain that he miraculously went from making an 18 percent in the class to 100 in the class now. you tell me what's wrong with that picture

Posted May 25, 2016
My son attended DDMS for the 2014/2015 school year. He went from being a child that loved school and had perfect attendance throughout elementary school to a child who said he hated school and absolutely refused to get on the bus. I fought with him daily and he was constantly asking to be homeschooled. He would never tell me why he didn't want to go other than he just didn't like the school. In the last 2 weeks of school he was beat up on the bus and came home extremely angry and upset. When I went to the school the next day to report the problem, the administrators blamed my son for defending himself by trying to push the boy away and tried to give him a stricter punishment than the boy who beat him up. I will be the first person to admit that my son is far from well behaved. However I watched a child go from a happy friendly boy that had a smile for everyone to one that would run away rather than go to school. I believe that he was being bullied the entire year and was too embarrassed to admit it. I removed him from this school for the 2015/2016 school year and took him back to Va to go to school. As soon as he started at his new school in Va, he went back to the happy child he was in elementary school. And he has been on the A/B honor roll all year. He didn't get good grades in DDMS.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 06, 2016
Opinion comes from what parents experienced with those in charge of the DDMS school in raleigh.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 06, 2016
Opinion comes from what we experienced at the top, how the process was handled, etc.

Posted January 06, 2016
We are parents to special needs at this school. I will give you the facts. There was a number of complaints we filed against the school. I hope that record is somewhere where parents can access it.

Dillard Drive Middle 5

Posted August 25, 2015
Our daughter just started 6th grade and we have been so impressed with the faculty and the principal thus far. She has transitioned wonderfully so far and has had GREAT days!

Posted March 10, 2015
I have a child that is an Alum of Dillard Drive MS and we "had" a very positive experience and were excited to send my younger children to DDMS. This positive soon became "negative" once the new principal and vice principal (6th & 7th) came on board. Though the Principal has a standard for teachers to respond to parents w/in 48 hours she does not adhere to this standard. I also recognize classrooms are overcrowded but too many teachers are quick to label students. "Effective communication skills" and "Ethics training" is highly recommended for administration and teachers at DDMS. There are many good teachers at DDMS but this negative experience is casting a shadow over them. I am hopeful we will be able to transfer from DDMS.

Posted November 20, 2014
My family and I relocated from New Jersey to Cary for my work. I think it is important for people relocating to know of this school. Students have been trying to steal from my daughter multiple times. My daughter tells me she sees children smoke right outside the building and use fowl language constantly. We requested a transfer to Apex but have been denied. My daughter just has this year to finish out then high school. My son will not be going to this school. I would avoid this school if possible.

Dillard Drive Middle 5

Posted September 15, 2014
The teachers have a genuine care and concern for their students. The academically gifted program teacher wants your child to be challenged to their appropriate level. There are many terrific electives offered here that are not at neighboring schools.

5200 Dillard Dr, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Dillard Drive Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.