Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 06, 2016
Opinion comes from what parents experienced with those in charge of the DDMS school in raleigh.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 06, 2016
Opinion comes from what we experienced at the top, how the process was handled, etc.

Posted January 06, 2016
We are parents to special needs at this school. I will give you the facts. There was a number of complaints we filed against the school. I hope that record is somewhere where parents can access it.

Dillard Drive Middle 5

Posted August 25, 2015
Our daughter just started 6th grade and we have been so impressed with the faculty and the principal thus far. She has transitioned wonderfully so far and has had GREAT days!

Posted March 10, 2015
I have a child that is an Alum of Dillard Drive MS and we "had" a very positive experience and were excited to send my younger children to DDMS. This positive soon became "negative" once the new principal and vice principal (6th & 7th) came on board. Though the Principal has a standard for teachers to respond to parents w/in 48 hours she does not adhere to this standard. I also recognize classrooms are overcrowded but too many teachers are quick to label students. "Effective communication skills" and "Ethics training" is highly recommended for administration and teachers at DDMS. There are many good teachers at DDMS but this negative experience is casting a shadow over them. I am hopeful we will be able to transfer from DDMS.

Posted November 20, 2014
My family and I relocated from New Jersey to Cary for my work. I think it is important for people relocating to know of this school. Students have been trying to steal from my daughter multiple times. My daughter tells me she sees children smoke right outside the building and use fowl language constantly. We requested a transfer to Apex but have been denied. My daughter just has this year to finish out then high school. My son will not be going to this school. I would avoid this school if possible.

Dillard Drive Middle 5

Posted September 15, 2014
The teachers have a genuine care and concern for their students. The academically gifted program teacher wants your child to be challenged to their appropriate level. There are many terrific electives offered here that are not at neighboring schools.

Posted June 10, 2014
I thought this school was the worst school ever. My child was bullied the whole time there and the teacher did nothing my child decided she wanted to come home and hurt herself. The teachers protected the bullies. I dont recommend no-one to send there child to ddms.. we got a new principal that makes 90,000 and she couldn't do nothing to help those kids the teachers dont care anyway. I very disappointed with this school and my kids will not be back. To the staff ,administration and the principal thank you for letting my child feel like she couldn't come to you when she really needed you.. Thank you for letting the bullies know it was ok to bully kids yall did an awesome job!!

Posted June 08, 2014
Horrible staff, horrible students, horrible education, horrible school, horrible overall. I do not recommend this school for anybody.

Posted April 08, 2014
My school is absolutely the worst school ever. I was bullied and then when I got jumped the girl got iss. She continued to bother me after this, so I fought her and I got suspended. Like how is that even okay? If you put your kid in this school, you are the worst parent ever.

5200 Dillard Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Dillard Drive Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dillard Drive Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top