Raleigh, NC

Posted September 05, 2014
We are SO happy WES. The teachers are absolutely amazing! I volunteer in the classroom on a regular bases so I see first hand the passion and intelligence of the staff and that is being passed onto my child. Every single one is exceptional. WES is a great school in general. We have a wonderful PTA, smart boards in every room, a great AIG program, single subject acceleration, reading clubs, after school clubs and programs (art, science, Girls on the Run, even a string orchestra!) The principle knows us by name, and is very responsive. I love the fact that the middle school gets out just a few minutes before the elementary school, so if you have a middle schooler, they can just walk down to your car in the elementary car pool line. That is really convenient! I also like the fact that we have a very diverse school, and that is not something that all of the schools around here have. I am looking forward to continuing my children's education with the Wakefield schools! Excellent school choice for sure!

Posted August 26, 2012
Thankfully we have a new opportunity with a new Principle to turn things around by increase testing acores, changing this to a traditional calendar school and implenment a zero tolerance policy along with uniforms. As a parent with 2 children currently attending WES, I think these changes would increase scores and entice more Wakefield families who have moved their children to private shcools to return to Wakefield Elementary. If we make this more of a "Neighborhood school" as it was origionally intended to be, we will see an increase in participation in the PTA as well as more parent volunteers in the classroom. Wakelfield Elementary employees some of the most amazing teaching staff who will help Wakefield Elementary become one of the top performing schools again. I have spent many hours voluteering at this school and realize that some significant changes need to be made in order to bring it back to a top performing school. I think the opportunity is NOW and we should make every effort to voice our oppinionso can reach its potentiial - the best elementary school in North Raleigh/ Wake Forest.

Posted August 24, 2012
My daughter has been at Wakefield for 3 years, and I could not be happier. The staff is warm and nurturing, and the kids on her grade level are wonderful. It makes me excited about her future in the Wakefield Schools.I don't understand what the parent was saying about a bad student community. That is one instance that could be found anywhere. Overall, the school is top notch. We need more technology, but it is expensive, and we need more money from the county. It is hard to compare with the newer schools, who can spend their start up money on it.

Posted April 14, 2012
We have been at WES since 2006. I am very comfortable with the staff at this school. The overcrowding is no longer an issue. The AG teacher is very good, and I feel the program provides a good challenge for both the strong and moderate AG students. I have volunteered in the classroom and the thing I love most is the homey atmosphere. At the end of the day when waiting in the carpool line, the kids all seem happy. One thing I think that has hurt the school is the year round nature, it is not as unified as in the past, though I do like the year round in other ways, as it gives the kids breaks throughout the year. I also like the closeness of the Wakefield schools to each other and the area in general.

Posted April 10, 2012
Tax dollars would have no effect on indulgent, aggressive parental influences. Even the excellent faculty and administration at Wakefield Elementary can not override years of social manipulation tactics learned at home.

Posted April 09, 2012
Unlike the parent who previously posted two reviews about her child's social experiences, I have personally experienced a positive social situation at WES. The teachers are quite good and the students are all part of a normalized public school environment. North Carolina as a whole could do better in terms of tax dollars allocated to public school education.

Posted January 10, 2012
We left Wakefield Elementary after my child endured a very difficult social environment for 18 months.

Posted January 10, 2012
The social environment at Wakefield Elementary was intolerable. My child was pushed down during PE, excluded from companionship at lunch for winning a Bingo game, and harassed for excelling academically.

Posted August 17, 2011
I have a kindergartener. Small class size approx 20 children. She is very happy, learning, and really seems to be enjoying herself. I am extremely pleased w/the teacher and TA. Very organized, caring, and nurturing.

Posted June 20, 2011
Great school and wonderful subdivision! I have two children attending the school and they are learning well.

Wakefield Elementary
2400 Wakefield Pines Drive, Raleigh, NC  27614
Last modified Wakefield Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wakefield Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top