Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My son's math and science teacher in 4th grade changes their format of learning the curriculum quite often to keep them moving around or actively engaged. We have homeschooled until this year because we didn't think he would do well sitting all day. We really appreciate her keeping things interesting, instead of using the lecture format to teach everything.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the amount of homework is fine. It is not busywork. It is actually meaningful repetition and encourages parent interaction. My son usually finishes the math sent home within 15 mins and reads 30 mins and completes a reading response. I have taught him to be more concise with his reading responses so that he isn't spending a great deal of time on homework.

Develops character: Agree

The school emphasizes positive character development and uses PBIS discipline strategies which is positive discipline rather than punitive discipline.

My oldest of 3 entered into 4th grade at Wildwood Forest at the beginning of this school year. He has been home schooled from kindergarten and has minor special needs. I had much anxiety that he would get lost in a big system due to his special needs, but he has done great. The first week of establishing school structure was hard for him. He found it to be quite oppressive and begged for me to take him out every day. However, he quickly made friends and learned how to thrive within the structure. I have come to appreciate the order of the school. I have not heard of any bullying that wasn't swiftly dealt with by the administration. In fact, my son had a minor incident of coercion and intimidation, and when I asked the teacher to be on the look out, she quickly intervened, and it was resolved within the day. He has 2 different teachers for his core classes, which helps him learn to begin to switch classes and meet the expectations of 2 different teachers. Both teachers appreciate communication and are prompt with feedback. I find both of them to be nurturing and stern, which is a good combination for my son. His math teacher uses active learning strategies. He gets to move around and collaborate with his classmates, which makes the learning more fun. He is able to retain easily from this more active teaching style. I am really impressed with how this very diverse group of kids have been so inclusive with one another. What a valuable experience, especially coming from being home schooled. The office staff is friendly and helpful in walking me as a new parent through their systems. My only wish for this school was for there to be more opportunities for parent involvement, especially at the beginning of the year. It feels a bit like handing your kids off to strangers, and I think it would help children and parents build rapport and trust with the school more quickly if there were a bit more interaction and involvement opportunities. Overall, I rate the school as great and much better than I expected.

Our experience has been pleasant. The PTA and teachers are amazing. Yes, this is a highly diverse school and I find that all the kids treat each other with respect and kindness. It encourages our children to learn about others and embrace different cultures at an early age. Good job Wildwood Forest for teaching our children academics but also their inner being and new perspectives of the world in which we live..

It has drastically went down in performance of the teachers and it reflects in the scored of the students. I will be moving and happy my son will be getting needed help.

My son attended this school for early intervention and I had no idea what an amazing school this was until he was placed at a bad one. This school (principal included) will make every effort to work with and what is for the best of the child. They were a true blessing in my life and for my son. I have trying to get him back there ever since. Their communication is top notch as well as teachers with a passion for what they do.

Wildwood Forest turned out to be better than I was expecting. My son started mid 2nd grade due to some health and emotional issues, and because of that I was very nervous about his starting into a larger school. Ms. Jackie who worked in the office did a tour with us on his first day and helped him adjust to being at the school. He did very well and continues to do well this year in 3rd grade. I think the teachers do an excellent job of teamwork to help all the students do well in school.

Both my children attend this school and we have had nothing but wonderful things to say about it. The principal and staff are strong & it boasts some of the best academic scores in the county. The interior building is neat, bright and inviting. Nearly all classrooms have Promethean boards which helps children learn how to use current technology. The PTA is supportive and goes above & beyond to help keep the school climate positive.

My daughter is now if fifth grade at Wildwood and has been at this school since kindergarten. The school has been great and she s been lucky enough to have great teachers over the years most notably in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th grades. The teachers have always been available when needed and have communicated effectively with me. The principal is very involved and seems to care a lot about the students. My daughter has made many friends here over the years. The PTA also has a strong presence and you can see that during the annual carnival as many people come out and volunteer their time. I ve been happy with this school and I would recommend it.

Last modified Wildwood Forest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.