Posted March 26, 2014
I am the husband of someone who works as a substitute teacher at Preeminent. My wife experiences there are nothing to brag about. The discipline at this school is horrible or shall I say nonexistent. When the students do something inappropriate such as use profanity towards the teacher, there are no disciplinary actions. The child may be sent to the office but then they will just bring them right back! There will be no suspension or anything and the students know this. This is pertaining particularly to the middle school grades. I'm not talking about an isolated incident, this is a common thing st this school. I'm not blaming the students for there behavior, but I blame the administration and the parents who are not holding them accountable. The administration of the school doesn't seem to really care what the children do. There are many disrespectful behaviors committed by these students that would ordinarily call for expulsion at any other school, but I guess they need the money. Before my wife got a position there, we were actually considering sending our child there. I'm so glad we didn't. I wish more parents would learn more and speak out about this school.

Preeminent Charter School 1

Posted February 06, 2014
My grandson attended this school last year (2012-2013). His family had such high hopes for this school and his academic career there. As and educator, I was familiar with the Heritage Schools. I advised my daughter to remove him from this school and not consider returning him there under any circumstances. He attended 1st grade here, entereing as a model student (behavior, academics, etc) from a private school with a higher score than PreEminent. His teacher at PreEminent immediately determined he was a behavior problem and he spent most of the year trying to please her and stay on the color indicating good behavior. When asked about academics she could not deny his performance, but seemed to look for something wrong. I personally believe she had some personal dislike for him or something about him. This year he attends an elementary school in Garner. He is again a model student, making good grades, gets along with his teacher and classmates and is haveing a great year. The problem, PreEminent. Many of these reviews are old. Don't put your child in this school. If the Heritage Schools were actually monitoring what goes on here they would not allow an association.

Preeminent Charter School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
My daughter attends Kindergarten at this school. I must say I was a little hesitant about enrolling her at first because of the low review and test scores. But I was so impressed when she started, her teacher recognized in the 1st week that my child needed more of a challenge and placed her in an advanced kindergarten class. Her current teacher is excellent with challenging my daughter and always communicating about the lessons being taught each week. I find the parents of the K-1 hall to be very evolved with volunteering and donating items to the classes. My only concern would be the drop of process. At times it can be a little unorganized especially considering you only have from 7:45am- 8am to drop your child off. There needs to be a better system in place as after 8am there is no one outside to direct traffic.

Posted August 14, 2013
My grandson attends this school and I find it to be an excellent school. The teachers are engaged and they keep the students interested and he is scoring well above his grade level. I highlt recommend the school.

Posted February 16, 2012
I have 2 children in this school 2nd and 3rd Grades. Both Teachers are excellent! I have no complaints. Both of my daughters have excelled as a first year student leaving a local public school. I feel they are cared about and I trust the staff. The Principal has proven to be OK with me. The office Staff is where the real value stands. Ms Shaw goes above and beyond and is the most Professional Member in the building. Ms Melody is worth her weight in GOLD! I would definitely refer anyone who is an active parent in their children's lives. As for the 6th Grader Review, I believe that the parenting begins at home. We must raise strong children and address issues with respect and responsibility. Otherwise, based on your approach people may seem UnProfessional and and Unresponsive to your Needs. Get a Grip.

Preeminent Charter School 3

Posted February 16, 2012
I have a son in kindergarten and a son in the first grade and they really love going to school. They are learning things far beyond what they were learning before we moved to North Carolina. I am pleased at the way they keep the children focused on their learning by sending homework packets home week. I also like how the principle has a face, not just someone who sits in his office and dictates but he gets involved with the students and the parents and that was definitely a plus for us.

Preeminent Charter School 1

Posted December 19, 2011
I have a 6th grader that attends, my experience with the authority there is unprofessional, you can express how you feel about something there as a parent that you don't like, instead of it getting handled the principal hold grudges and shows that he dislikes you in every way, and have attitude with you from that moment on, thinking that you have insulted them. So Unprofessional. This is what I see not some days but every time I pick my child up. To me if you don't want the kids to bully each other, Someone needs to lead a better example, because they only do what they see from those who teach them.

Preeminent Charter School 3

Posted April 24, 2010

Preeminent Charter School 0

Posted February 18, 2010
This school is a school with no real culture. This school is a bad mistake for me as a parent. The teachers do not know how to control a classroom setting.

Preeminent Charter School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I have 2 kids at Preeminent. One is in 2nd and one is in K. Its been an experience to watch my kids mature academically this first year and I am impressed with the progress thus far. I will keep them there and see how this next year goes.

Preeminent Charter School
3815 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh, NC  27610
Last modified Preeminent Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Preeminent Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.