Raleigh, NC

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted June 03, 2015
When teachers are constantly battling students, protecting students, and keeping themselves out of danger it's hard to be a very effective teacher.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
The principal didn't respect the staff so the students saw that and didn't respect the staff or the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
Students who always followed expectations felt the need to stop doing so because of the way the unruly students were allowed to run the school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
Some students are not disciplined as others are because the principal was afraid of them.

Posted June 02, 2015
The principal bullies the staff members and openly badmouths them in front of other faculty. When we have asked her to address our concerns about the increased fighting and growing unsafe learning environment, she has not been helpful. A great many of the experienced staff are leaving this school, myself included. I am sorry to leave a school which I have loved so much but the working conditions are untenable.

Posted May 01, 2015
the school is dangerous and the principal doesn't do anything. Kids brag that they don't get in trouble. It used to be a good school but now kids can't learn because of the trouble makers.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2015
(Part2) These teachers put up with being treated less than but still are extremly kind to everybody. So many kids do disrupt and break rules but the principal will not suspend them or take them out of the class cause she cares about the education of those troubled students, that is perfectly fine until it has put our education and safety at risk. We cant consentrate because during class kids are running loudly through the hallways screaming and singing. This is the wrong place to try and get the education your children deserve and want. if I were a parent I wouldnt even think about sending my child here knowing what I have experienced.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 06, 2015
I kept hearing how great this school is but it clearly was all hype. This place is an absolute joke. The kids are completely out of control and the staff does not have a handle on them. Every day my son would come home and tell us about all of the fights, and he felt bad that his teachers were being bullied by the students. I was happy that my son was bringing home good grades, until I figured out that they let him slide because he was not a problem. He didn t have to do anything and was earning high 90 s. He barely had homework and was not learning basic skills like grammar and writing. We have just moved out of the county and he finally has to earn his grades. He said he can actually concentrate now because the kids aren t screaming in class and watching music videos when they are supposed to be working. The only thing my son learned at CCMS is how to be a street thug.
6 people found this helpful

Centennial Campus Middle 3

Posted January 01, 2015
I'm Currently Attending this School, in the 2014-2015 school year. The Kids here are heartless and bullying is often ignored. I wasn't bullied by a fellow student, i was bullied by a racist teacher! But, That's being taken care of. The Good thing is, we have the Best Counselor in wake county. I'm not kidding, she one the best school counselor award earlier in September or something. She's truly and honestly a great person. Teachers at this school Really care! But That substitute, i forgot his name, doesn't do anything but read. He gives us a work sheet but only me and my friend actually do it. everyone else is running and playing around the classroom. anyways, this school is pretty Average.
5 people found this helpful

Centennial Campus Middle 2

Posted November 18, 2014
Hard to assess if its the system (Common Core) or if its the staff. However, too many times my child comes home to tell me things like 1) we had subs again 2) we watched movies and/or 3) bullying not addressed. If its an early release day, might as well count it as a day off because they tell all they do is watch movies like Nemo. I am homeschooling next year.
7 people found this helpful

1900 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Centennial Campus Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Campus Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top