Raleigh, NC

Posted April 01, 2015
(Part2) These teachers put up with being treated less than but still are extremly kind to everybody. So many kids do disrupt and break rules but the principal will not suspend them or take them out of the class cause she cares about the education of those troubled students, that is perfectly fine until it has put our education and safety at risk. We cant consentrate because during class kids are running loudly through the hallways screaming and singing. This is the wrong place to try and get the education your children deserve and want. if I were a parent I wouldnt even think about sending my child here knowing what I have experienced.
6 people found this helpful

Posted March 06, 2015
I kept hearing how great this school is but it clearly was all hype. This place is an absolute joke. The kids are completely out of control and the staff does not have a handle on them. Every day my son would come home and tell us about all of the fights, and he felt bad that his teachers were being bullied by the students. I was happy that my son was bringing home good grades, until I figured out that they let him slide because he was not a problem. He didn t have to do anything and was earning high 90 s. He barely had homework and was not learning basic skills like grammar and writing. We have just moved out of the county and he finally has to earn his grades. He said he can actually concentrate now because the kids aren t screaming in class and watching music videos when they are supposed to be working. The only thing my son learned at CCMS is how to be a street thug.
6 people found this helpful

Centennial Campus Middle 3

Posted January 01, 2015
I'm Currently Attending this School, in the 2014-2015 school year. The Kids here are heartless and bullying is often ignored. I wasn't bullied by a fellow student, i was bullied by a racist teacher! But, That's being taken care of. The Good thing is, we have the Best Counselor in wake county. I'm not kidding, she one the best school counselor award earlier in September or something. She's truly and honestly a great person. Teachers at this school Really care! But That substitute, i forgot his name, doesn't do anything but read. He gives us a work sheet but only me and my friend actually do it. everyone else is running and playing around the classroom. anyways, this school is pretty Average.
4 people found this helpful

Centennial Campus Middle 2

Posted November 18, 2014
Hard to assess if its the system (Common Core) or if its the staff. However, too many times my child comes home to tell me things like 1) we had subs again 2) we watched movies and/or 3) bullying not addressed. If its an early release day, might as well count it as a day off because they tell all they do is watch movies like Nemo. I am homeschooling next year.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 10, 2014
my school is centennial campus middle school and i hate this school with a passion.

Posted September 28, 2013
This was my first year at this school and so far so good i think they have great communication and really help you it is a great school i highly recommend ccms

Centennial Campus Middle 2

Posted March 06, 2013
Don't go to this school if your children are active and like athletics because CCMS lacks any type of athletics. The principal feels that children shouldn't be judged on their capabilities and they should all be treated equally and so that's why she doesn't allow sports. That is a bunch of you know what.

Posted January 19, 2013
CCMS is a great school with qualified and caring teachers. Our son who is now a 9th grader was given an amazing level of support and encouragement to excel despite his learning disabilities. Because of the support he received, he was able to maintain A/B honor roll during all but two quarters during his 3 years at Centennial and earned a President's Award. Thank you CCMS!

Posted December 10, 2012
WOW! When I first read the reviews for this school I was very worried about enrolling my 7th grader at Centennial when we moved to Raleigh. Either only parents with bad experiences have posted or things have changed dramatically at this school. My childs teachers were very responsive to any questions I had when the school year started. Teachers post everything on their website and have always responded quickly to my emails. My child has been very moody this year, hormone overload similar to my 10th graders time in middle school. The teachers seem to be well aware of typical middle schoolers and have been very supportive. I am very happy with the school, the technology they have, and the supportive teachers.

Posted October 30, 2012
After reading the previous reviews I see NOTHING has changed with this school. The teachers and administration still exhibit a lack of communication with parents. Teachers and administartion don't return phone call, or emails in a timely manner sometimes never. This is unacceptable! For these reasons and all the other MANY reason listed in other parent reviews we've decided to take our child out this school. if you want parent involvement don't come here. Fair warning

Centennial Campus Middle
1900 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Centennial Campus Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Campus Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top