Posted November 18, 2014
Hard to assess if its the system (Common Core) or if its the staff. However, too many times my child comes home to tell me things like 1) we had subs again 2) we watched movies and/or 3) bullying not addressed. If its an early release day, might as well count it as a day off because they tell all they do is watch movies like Nemo. I am homeschooling next year.

Posted February 10, 2014
my school is centennial campus middle school and i hate this school with a passion.

Posted September 28, 2013
This was my first year at this school and so far so good i think they have great communication and really help you it is a great school i highly recommend ccms

Posted March 06, 2013
Don't go to this school if your children are active and like athletics because CCMS lacks any type of athletics. The principal feels that children shouldn't be judged on their capabilities and they should all be treated equally and so that's why she doesn't allow sports. That is a bunch of you know what.

Posted January 19, 2013
CCMS is a great school with qualified and caring teachers. Our son who is now a 9th grader was given an amazing level of support and encouragement to excel despite his learning disabilities. Because of the support he received, he was able to maintain A/B honor roll during all but two quarters during his 3 years at Centennial and earned a President's Award. Thank you CCMS!

Posted December 10, 2012
WOW! When I first read the reviews for this school I was very worried about enrolling my 7th grader at Centennial when we moved to Raleigh. Either only parents with bad experiences have posted or things have changed dramatically at this school. My childs teachers were very responsive to any questions I had when the school year started. Teachers post everything on their website and have always responded quickly to my emails. My child has been very moody this year, hormone overload similar to my 10th graders time in middle school. The teachers seem to be well aware of typical middle schoolers and have been very supportive. I am very happy with the school, the technology they have, and the supportive teachers.

Posted October 30, 2012
After reading the previous reviews I see NOTHING has changed with this school. The teachers and administration still exhibit a lack of communication with parents. Teachers and administartion don't return phone call, or emails in a timely manner sometimes never. This is unacceptable! For these reasons and all the other MANY reason listed in other parent reviews we've decided to take our child out this school. if you want parent involvement don't come here. Fair warning

Posted June 13, 2011
My child is a rising 8th grader and we should have pulled him out after 6th grade. The majority of the teachers at CCMS are rude, and I agree with 4/10/2011 post. There needs to be a change from the top to the bottom. They should be required to apply for their jobs - weed the bullies out.

Posted June 11, 2011
I agreed with the 4/10/2011 parents review. We are also disappointed with the school. It's a very nice school and have a great potential but falls short. Needs a lot of improvement and Leadership. They have some teachers that is very good and some that can care less. Oh well we just decided to pull out our kid and move to our base school.

Posted April 10, 2011
We have been extremely dissapointed this year. Please read all the parent reviews, and I have to say we have experienced the same. This school has great potential, however, it falls well short of that potential. It is difficult to communicate with teachers as they do not often respond to emails or phone calls, but refer you to the website. Often the website is not up to date to know what assignments are due. The positive behavior support is a joke at best as the school does not follow this philosphy and can be quite punitive. I have to say I concur to most of the recent parent reviews on here and we are looking for a better school elsewhere!

Centennial Campus Middle
1900 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Centennial Campus Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Campus Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top