Raleigh, NC
Students enrolled: 1,257

Wakefield Middle 2

Posted May 28, 2014
This school is not good at all. The administration is a joke. Glad I moved my kids out of the environment.

Wakefield Middle 4

Posted May 28, 2013
This school is awsome because it has a great diversity of kids. I myself have made plenty of friends.

Posted April 14, 2012
Great school. The principal is wonderful and regularly keeps parents informed through parent email messages. The staff is very caring about the students and understanding of the age group they are dealing with.

Posted August 30, 2011
This school has a very good teacher base. Students at this school do well with their academics and teachers make sure they know their material before jumping ahead to new things. Sports teams are very good. Principal is wonderful. Staff is very calm and keep the children interested in school. Students are taught well and with enough disipline to keep a middle schooler in check.

Posted May 20, 2010
Great teachers, great students, great neighborhood!

Posted February 11, 2010
Excellent school, wonderful staff. Mrs. Anderson is great. She is warm and welcoming and very knowledgable. What a great ambassador for Wakefield Middle and Wake County Schools!

Posted August 01, 2008
We moved here from South Florida and love it here! This is an excellent school with wonderful, caring teachers and staff. My children adjusted quickly anf fit right in here. My child is in the gifted program and was truly challanged at Wakefield.

Wakefield Middle 3

Posted September 05, 2007
We moved into the area expecting to upgrade our daughter's education and surroundings with a great community school, but found something else. The school is well run, but the students seem cold and pretentious. This was the last thing we expected in North Raleigh. With so many people moving into the area, we can only hope that the new residents provide a future lift to the interactions between students and possibly a challenge to the staff from the work of other school districts that are more focused on excellence, not on themselves!

Posted August 21, 2007
Wakefield was alright. I met some friends there and the place was well kept up. I did feel it was a safe environment.

Posted July 24, 2006
Wakefield is a terrific school, the school is in a great enviroment and it is well taken care of. Also my son has made many friends there when he first transfored there from east millbrook which was a horrible school. I thought that the teachers were great and the grades were great. I would definately recommend this school for any parent that really cares about their childs education.

2300 Wakefield Pines Drive, Raleigh, NC  27614
Last modified Wakefield Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wakefield Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top