Posted July 02, 2014
I've been a parent in this school community for over 10 years with more than one child. The whole community of the school promotes a very caring attitude. The school is not immune to all of the "Kid" stuff that happens with children these ages but I know that the teachers/staff are committed to making a safe and wonderful learning environment for the children. Every day starts with prayer and it allows everyone to center their priorities. They teach acceptance and understanding in their social justice "theme" in the school. The facilities are wonderful, with many technological advances used. Tuition is slightly higher than some Catholic schools in the area but it seems to be "in line" with the modern/advanced private schools as well. The tuition can be seen in the facilities and technology in the school. Overall, our family has been quite happy here and would highly recommend the school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have 2 kids at this AWESOME school, one with Learning Disabilities and one without. The staff is excellent with both types of learners, they truly teach to the whole child, provide an excellent faith based education and challenge with appropriate academic rigor. We are THRILLED to call TFS our family. The parents are very involved and welcoming. TFS really makes learning fun for ALL types of kids. Previous negative posts are simply not true! We have been at TFS for 3 wonderful years. Take a tour, you will see for yourself! :)

Posted November 13, 2013
- a principal
We always welcome feedback from our parents if they are experiencing issues with staff or have any concerns. Please feel free to contact me to address your concerns. Thank you.

The Franciscan School 2

Posted November 08, 2013
I have to agree with the previous post. My child attended this school for 2 years. He was happy, but there was definitely a disconnect between parents and administration. I questioned whether the "stagnant" atmosphere would be good for my child in the long run. He is in public school now, and I'm amazed by the difference in atmosphere.

The Franciscan School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
My child has been at this school since K. I have always felt like it was a good fit for him because of the smaller enviroment and the message they provided. Unfortunately I can't say the same for myself. I feel it is boardline toxic for the adults. I find the administration staff to be weak, unhelpful and generally unpleasant. I have ofter left the school questioning if was truly a healthy place to send my child. I have decided I will not continue to send my child here and his siblings as well.

Posted August 01, 2013
Enriching curriculum, and the focus on church/prayer and the teachings of St Francis have added so much to our children's lives! The previous poster is incorrect concerning the authentically Catholic comment . We have had only great things to say about the beliefs, teachers, and education at TFS. We are proud of what are children are learning, and becoming, because of the teachings at this school. You can't go wrong!!

The Franciscan School 1

Posted May 04, 2013
This school is not authentically Catholic. They are more protestant than Catholic. They are good at teaching basics of education. But, their faith development is not very strong. Teachers openly advocate for abortion and other issues that are not definitely Catholic. Parents who are truly Catholic will find this is more Methodist than Catholic.

Posted March 03, 2013
Great school. Great community. Middle school is kind and academically strong. We enjoy the multi -age activities that the school offers.

The Franciscan School 3

Posted November 15, 2012
The Franciscan School provides a wonderful Catholic education and a solid educational foundation. However, we left for public school for a variety of reasons. Mainly, my daughter wasn't being effectively challenged. She has since been AG identified and has been much more challenged in public school than at TFS. TFS does not provide a lot of "extras" that our public school provides, such as AG services, Odyssey of the Mind, etc. Also, clubs are very limited, especially in the younger grades. If you are looking for a traditional, Catholic education without a lot of frills, this school might be for you. We have been happier in public school and feel that it's much more well-rounded.

Posted August 23, 2012
My child has attend TFS since kindergarten. She has excelled academically and the character development emphasized by TFS has been evident in her and all the students. Parents are thoroughly involved with their kids and teachers constantly. Accountability of parents and students is required. This school does a great job of preparing kids to be responsible citizens and stewards of the community.

Contact Information

10000 Saint Francis Dr
Raleigh, NC 27613

School website

The Franciscan School
10000 Saint Francis Dr, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified The Franciscan School is a private school that serves grades K-8
The Franciscan School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.