K-12|Private
1,430 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 16, 2016
The teachers very a lot according to their teaching ability. About ½ the teachers are okay and the other ½ doesn't know what they are doing. As far as the bible teachers go, they are very disappointing. They are either extremely boring or are so self-focused that the students find it undesirable. Pretty sad for a "Christian" school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 16, 2016
Even though the work load is okay, much of their curriculum is not mastery but instead all about memory. There is no room for different learning modalities. If your student can memorize and then regurgitate the information they will do fine. But if they need hands-on, visual, or another form of learning, they will not receive it.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted January 16, 2016
Most of the high school students are better behaved "in school" than a public high school.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 16, 2016
This high school does not focus on godly character but instead focuses almost solely on academic achievement. They lack teaching their students about a heart for God. They look good on the outside but the inside is ugly.

North Raleigh Christian Academy 1

Posted January 16, 2016
We pulled our children out of public high school to attend NRCA because we wanted our children to have a Christian education. We fell in love with the facility and that’s were we went wrong. Unfortunately this school lacks the "Christian" in its name. The students there say that NRCA stands for Not Really Christian Academy. We wish the administration would wake up to this. They are extremely focused on the school's reputation in getting their students into top universities that they are missing the spiritual needs of these high students. There have been many attempts on our part, as well as other parents, to help point this need out. However, the administration is so head strong that they cannot see past their own noses. There needs to be balance! In the end, what really matters! Our kids need a good education but more so they also need a heart for God. This administration will tell you whatever you want to hear about how “God focused” the school is, but do not be fooled. We were fooled and are now seriously contemplating pulling our children out to attend another school.

Posted August 25, 2015
It would be easy to dismiss some of the negative reviews of the school as outliers of just a few people who have had bad experiences. However as a parent whose children spent kindergarten through part of high school at NRCA and a parent who was actively involved with both academics and athletics I can tell you from experience that the most of the issues in the negative reviews I or my children have also witnessed or experienced first hand. NRCA is great from the outside with it's fantastic facilities and talk of kingdom education. Unfortunately a great deal of what is good about NRCA is undermined by an administration more concerned with religion than Christianity, more concerned with the length of a child's hair, or the that their tank top is only two fingers wide instead of three than they are with the nature of the kids heart. Kids that can talk the talk for the most part do well, even though their outward composite does not reflect their heart in any way. In so many ways NRCA is fake. From some of the kids, to the parents, to a pretend commitment to athletics, to a very weak overall academic system, and especially to the administration NRCA is just not what it seems, or what they would have you believe when you walk in the front door. I cant tell you the number of times I overheard or was part of a conversation with parents where they lamented that they felt stuck at NRCA. They didn't want their kids at public school, but no other private school in the area offers the facilities of NRCA at the price point of NRCA. I absolutely believe that if a private school focused on true Christianity rather than religion, with a similar price point and facilities, opened its door tomorrow NRCA would immediately lose over 3/4 of its student body to that school. But for now they have the niche and because of that hypocrisy, favoritism, and Pharisee like behavior can run amuck. It took us many years to finally say we had enough but as the kids got older NRCA's shine quickly wore off and the good was no longer outweighed by the bad. It truly is a shame that NRCA is not better, there are many great families and teachers there, and the framework for a great school exists, but as long as it continues to sit under the direction of it's current administration I don't see things improving. It is neither an academic, athletic, or community leader among schools.

Posted August 21, 2015
I believe NRCA can be best summed up by quoting a recent conversation I had with one of the high school faculty. "The administration here is more concerned with appearance than with the heart of the kids. As long as a kid looks and acts the part of "Christian" it doesn't matter how fake they are on the inside. It's all about what "kingdom education" looks like to the outside world, not about reaching kids where they are and being there to lift them up when they stumble." I believe this teachers words are spot on and describe the most dissaponting part of NRCA. With their facilities, quality of some of the teaching staff, location and price point they could Really Impact families and turn out strong Christian leaders to universities and our community. Instead, the administration through their rule by religion instead of Christianity turns so many families and kids off to a true relationship with Christ. My kids began their schooling at NRCA and I had hoped for them to finish there but the longer they were there and the older they got the more hypocritical and dissapointing the school became and we just felt we had to move them somewhere else. My kids are also athletes and NRCA does not make athletics a priority. They are something that is required to complete the picture of the school. I believe that NRCA is a very difficult school for boys and attempts to neuter their competitive and strong spirit and I'll never forget the time they told my daughter in middle school that she couldn't play touch football with the boys because it wasn't lady like despite the fact my daughter was one of the best athletes male or female in her grade. I was also dissapointed in NRCA for only having one way to teach, never reaching kids with different learning styles and not having a program or being willing to address kids who needed an alternative to the way info was presented. NRCA is not all bad and there are many great families and teachers there but I can not speak highly of the school after experiencing it for 10 years. My kids wil not return there even if they desired to because I don't think it is in their best interest for their relationship with Christ, their view of themselves and their peers, and for their preparation for college.

North Raleigh Christian Academy 5

Posted May 13, 2015
What a blessing NRCA has been in our first year! We have 2 girls in elementary, and their teachers have been amazing! They truly care not only about the academic success of the students but also about their relationship with God. When my 2nd grader accepted Jesus in chapel and told her teacher about it, her teacher got teary eyed and it blessed me that her teacher cared that much. The administration cares deeply that the children be strong in their faith. We are hoping that we will be able to stay in the area until all 3 of our girls graduate from high school because we can't imagine ever being at another school. We love NRCA!

Posted January 06, 2015
The teachers are great, hardworking, and caring. The facility is second to none. We have been there for three years now and the only issue that we have had is with bullying. It happens in every school, but this a private institution and the issue is completely ignored and dismissed by the administration. It is typically the same children (name calling, tripping, harassing). The administration has done NOTHING to deal with these individuals---just talk. I love this school, but I fear that they are more concerned about the tuition money/growing numbers than creating a quality school. Be prepared to advocate for your own child because the administration (elementary in particular) will do nothing.

North Raleigh Christian Academy 5

Posted May 25, 2014
Highly recommend this great school! We have had a wonderful experience with this amazing Christian school.

7300 Perry Creek Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified North Raleigh Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
North Raleigh Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top