Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My elementary student left this school and entered a private school that required a teacher recommendation. I was dumbfounded when I saw how harsh and insensitive this recommendation was from a school that should not want anything but the best for students regardless if they opt to leave.

Since 2015 Casa has had a change in administration and has taken a turn for the worst. Many parents have left the school for similar challenges with all feeling lack of acknowledgement to academic concerns. Casa used to carry a warm and welcoming vibe allowing communication and parent partnership but now has a chilling effect with teachers unable to react without HOS consent. As a parent, you have no say here should the school decide without you on your child's destiny and know one who was not told until the end of school his child needed to repeat the grade!! Now what parent wants to know AFTER the fact leaving us no option to intervene. We have 5 years invested in this school and desperately seeking a way out. This is just a nightmare and every day brings a new headache. Don't be fooled by the stats... Select another school.

This is my daughter's first year at Casa. She is in the immersion program and is LOVING it. Yesterday, she told me, "Mom, when I started school, I didn't know Spanish at all. Now I can speak it, understand it, read it, and write it!" She is so proud of how much she has grown and learned. Her teachers are extremely supportive, loving, and kind. Casa incorporates a Montessori approach, so student work is hands-on and fosters independence and confidence as well as grace and courtesy. These traits are apparent in Casa students of all ages -- preschoolers through middle graders. We are grateful to be a part of such a unique and wonderful school.

CASA's teachers are wonderful!! My two daughters attend this school, and we have had a great experience so far. The teachers are knowledgeable, caring, patient but most important they spend their day-to-day teaching our kids how to be good human beings. They focus on respect, collaboration, and community. They know every single kid by name! They shake the children's hands and greet them every single morning, thus promoting manners and communication. They also do a great job at communicating with parents about everything that is going on at the school. CASA ESPERANZA MONTESSORI CHARTER SCHOOL provides a unique dual language English and Spanish curriculum dedicated to supporting diversity, cultural-awareness, and environmental consciousness. While the school usually relays on limited financial resources for programs and training, the staff and faculty at CASA go the extra mile to achieve their goals towards providing our kids the best education and experience possible. I m truly honored to be part of this community - our CASA family. What s more, I m truly thankful to the teachers and staff for providing my daughters with a safe, respectful, and loving educational environment.

After spending two years at a traditional public school we were accepted at Casa for my oldest son's 2nd grade year. The difference in education, attention to who my son is as a child, and just not another student, is very apparent. Our youngest son started in the Children's House program and is speaking more and more Spanish everyday. The caring teachers and staff are no match for what we have experienced before. The teachers work with you and communication between parents and the classroom teachers is fantastic. I can honestly say this school is the best thing that has ever happened to our family and our boys will be there until high school. We will be forever grateful to Casa.

We have both our kids going to Casa my son since kinder he is now in 6th grade my daughter is in 1st grade. Its a wonderful school, great teachers, and a safe supportive environment, that teaches kids excellent life skills.

There are only two or three Montessori teachers left on staff this year at Casa. To say this is a strong Montessori program is a farce. How they keep their charter as a Montessori school needs to be challenged. The majority of dual language teachers are not NC certified teachers. Great Montessori Dual Language education?! The extremely high number of "IEP" students is now creating serious classroom management issues. Charter schools are a big draw for parents with adhd kids, high anxiety kids and many others kids who do not function in public schools. Unfortunately in large numbers, if your child is not special needs, this is a bad learning environment for them. Ask Casa what percentage of IEP kids would be in your child's class. You could be shocked. Many of these positive reviews have been written by Casa front office staff. This once was a truly great school, but I would ask a lot of questions before I sign up now.

If you want a Montessori education for your child, do NOT pick this school. Montessori is not a priority and is phasing out. If you do not want to know any of the politics of the school and how the money is mismanaged and only goes to the top business and admin people and the teachers are underpaid, burned out, and fired for no reason, then yes, this place will be fine for you. If you don't mind a large turnover in staff every year, then feel free to jump onboard, because there isn't much of a waiting list, and you are sure to get in. If you are absolutely okay with longterm subs, especially at the middle school level, rather than teachers who are actually certified and highly qualified in their teaching areas, then by all means, put in for Casa! If you want a school with a rapidly growing special ed program where students "get away" with quite a few misbehaviors, such as screaming, hitting, cursing, etc., because no one there knows how or wants to deal with it, and if your child is an angel when it comes to behavior, but you do not mind him or her putting up with many children who are not, then yes, this school may be just the one for you.

Our children have been at Casa for many years and we are very happy with the education they have received. I believe the Montessori and Dual Language mission of the school is strong. I would caution people to read the negative reviews with a grain of salt. Sometimes leaders have to make difficult decisions and parents may not understand all the reasons. This year I see strong teachers who are implementing Montessori philosophy and pedagogy at all grade levels, I see students and adults that are respectful to each other, I see a community that is working together. I would not have my children at any other school.

We have been at the school for many years. My fourth child started kindergarten this year. It is a wonderful environment for children and parents. Many opportunities to be part of the community. I have two older children, one which has aged out of Casa. The education he received at Casa has allowed him to successfully transition into high school. He has been very successful in all honors classes. The independent learning and time management skills taught at Casa really help the kids as they get older and the curriculum becomes more rigorous. In addition, the immersion program is a wonderful way for children to learn a second language. The teachers are native speakers, and it is obvious they love what they do. I love that my kids have the opportunity to learn a second language now and become fluent speakers while in elementary school. Casa is Raleigh's hidden gem. Robyn Bennai (parent)

Last modified Casa Esperanza Montessori is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.