Posted August 08, 2014
As a rising sophomore at St. Thomas More Academy, I can attest to the fact that it's an incredible place. In 8th grade, when my family and I were looking at my options, we thought Cardinal Gibbons was the only choice for a Catholic high school education in the Triangle. Now, we are so glad we discovered STMA. Freshman year was awesome! I loved my classes, as well as the teachers, who are all phenomenal. Additionally, everyone at the school is so charitable and proud of their Catholic faith. It's just a fantastic school and I am looking forward to this school year. So, if you are a parent looking for an excellent Catholic education for your child, please consider taking a look at STMA.

Posted May 15, 2014
My education at St Thomas More Academy provided me not merely with a wealth of crucial knowledge, but also the skills to think deeply and critically about everything I encounter in life and the world. As a student currently pursuing a masters degree and preparing to enter the professional world, I feel exceptionally well-equipped by my experience at this school to face any scholarly, professional, or personal task set before me.

Posted May 10, 2014
I'm currently enrolled in STMA and in my third year. I'm writing this on my own accord to help future students and parents of students recognize what a great school this is. Saint Thomas More Academy is where my second family is. The students are lively and easy to talk to, while the teachers are simply outstanding. If you look at the list of instructors you will notice that STMA is full of very qualified teachers. These teachers are very engaging with the Catholic faith, so if you want a solid Catholic environment then STMA is the perfect place. You might hear that the work load is too much, and while It's true that there's a lot of work, work should be expected in a prep school. The work load is completely manageable if you can manage your time well (which I'm still working on). Aside from the actual schooling part; the school is always expanding in outside activities. For example; a weight lifting club was added this year, and a baseball team is being added next year. Another issue of concern for new students is that there are too many rules in the school. The only rule of the school is that of charity. Respect others and be respected.

Posted March 04, 2014
I'd been considering this school for my son. I went there to see it, and all I can say is wow. The students are so happy! The mood is enthusiastic and natural. The staff is welcoming and helpful. No hard sell. As some posters have said, more of a come and see for yourself. The longer I was there the more sure I was it's a special place. I'm glad we found it. There need to be more schools like this one. Thanks! We're looking forward to next year!

Posted February 14, 2014
We moved to the Triangle a few years ago, and looked at all the high school options in the area. Most were so big and overwhelming. We were delighted when we found STMA and discerned it was the best option for our children. Over and over again, this has proven to be one of our wisest decisions. We assumed everyone in the area knew about this outstanding school, but have been shocked to discover that few people seem to know it even exists. With the size of most schools in this area, maybe that's a good thing!

Posted February 05, 2014
We're so happy we decided to send our daughter to STMA! She loves it! The classical curriculum really teaches students to think, and this school does it extremely well. Teachers are really amazing. She says they're all very smart and know what they're teaching, which wasn't always the case at her previous school. If you're looking at STMA, do yourself a favor and look closely. It's a smaller school, and it doesn't have some of the amenities of bigger schools, but it also doesn't have the huge problems found at those schools. Its safe and good in all the ways a parent would want a school to be. They really care about our kids, and work hard to give them the best education possible. Do you really need more? We certainly don't. STMA has been such a blessing for our family!

Posted January 31, 2014
I love this school! Have for three years! I get good grades, a few hours of homework every week (Latin!), do other things (lots), love the teachers. I don't get ppl who talk about all this work and how hard it is. You have to do some (not like a lot of schools LOL), but that's life, and it's actually fun here. I know more about history than ever. I learn about my faith all the time. STMA has helped make me a better person. And I'm getting ready for my college future. Go Chancellors!

Posted January 30, 2014
I recently left teaching at STMA to pursue a PhD. My experience at the school was overwhelmingly positive. I think that the highest compliment I can pay the school is to say that when my wife and I have kids, we hope to send them to STMA. A strikingly positive thing about the school is the collaboration at all levels - the Headmaster, Dean of Studies, teachers, and parents are all genuinely collaborating for the intellectual and spiritual development of the kids (who are fantastic). STMA is succeeding in addressing the challenging reality that it's getting harder and harder to get admitted, even in-state, to schools like UNC and NC State. The college placement results speak for themselves. Former students often say freshman year is easy, even at schools like UNC. They are comfortable with primary sources, used to writing,and not afraid of learning a new language (especially Romance languages due to their grounding in Latin). They can articulate an intellectual position and engage in discussion with adults. School spirit, fun social activities like dances and plays, and a great sports environment are added bonuses. I can't speak highly enough about what's going on at STMA.

Posted January 29, 2014
Okay. Does telling the truth matter? STMA is probably the best Christian school in Raleigh, one of the best schools period. Gives more than schools that cost three times as much. Bunch of Ph.D.'s who can really teach...growing sports program (new conference is great!)...amazing drama program. Upbeat, positive environment. Keep it up STMA. You're doing it right.

Posted January 29, 2014
The school is great and just gets better. 99% of the other students agree. I came from a public school. I don t feel afraid here. I learn more every day. I also learn to be kind, responsible, and to tell the truth. So I will write an honest review. Anyone who wants to know the truth about STMA should come see for themselves.

St. Thomas More Academy
3109 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified St. Thomas More Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Thomas More Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.