Posted May 29, 2014
My son began Kindergarten at URCA not even knowing all of his letter sounds. By December, he could read sentences! The staff is dedicated. They begin each day with prayer (which is why they succeed). When my daughter first began in the preschool, she was very shy and quiet. The teachers pulled her out of her shell, and she became the talkative, bubbly girl she is today. This is a great school, a real gem in southeast Raleigh.

Upper Room Christian Academy 4

Posted October 31, 2013
Both my daughters have attended since pre-school. The pre-school program is phenomenal! The both were kindergarten ready and prepared to learn to read. While the school does an excellent job preparing students for academic excellence, it is the intangible things that are just as important. My daughter is now a graduate of URCA, and I am in awe of the confidence she has in various context. Just as important as the academic excellence and biblical excellence. Both my daughters are excited to learn about Jesus and possess biblical literacy that, in some cases, is beyond their years.

Posted October 24, 2013
I am a parent of two boys that attend the Upper Room Chriatian Academy and a baby that will be there in January in 2014. I really love this school, it's the best. They always make me feel so welcomed and loved there. If im having a bad day when i walk in there, Everyone's spirit put a smile on my face. Im so happy i have the teachers and staff there to treat my sons like their family. My son struggles in reading and they dont make him feel out of place, he fits right in and if he dont seem to know something, he will try and answer it. URCA is so family oriented and i always recommend them to anyone. God has a plan for my family and i pray they can continue on getting the education and biblical resources that they need to prosper.

Posted October 24, 2013
Our oldest son has been at URCA for five years, since he was 2 years old. We also have a son soon to be 4 year old, who is also at URCA. Both our boys have had an experience with URCA that is second to none. URCA is more than a school, it is an extension of our family, from the teachers, administrative staff, owners (Dr. Patrick Wooden, Sr. and First Lady Wooden), URCA students and parents. The school has provided a solid academic, social and biblical foundation that has girded our sons to one day become the accomplished young men we pray they will be. Our 2nd grader is currently a A&B student. He has been offered the opportunity throughout his yrs. at URCA to perform at school events, which has build his confidence to be a great public speaker. We also through URCA learned he has a gift of singing. These accomplishments he has achieved at a young age, has been through the hard work and dedication of this great school. Our youngest son is also on the same path and we have no doubt he will have the same experiences. URCA exceeds the criterias for a great school. It meets daily what is important to our values, beliefs, expectations of a school for our precious children.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have 2 children attending Upper Room Christian Academy. Both have been attending since the age of 3 and are now in 1st and 3rd grade. The academics at this school are astonishing. The teachers are very well rounded, educated and stay abreast on all new and upcoming academic changes. URCA recently adapted the new curriculm Direct Instruction in the 2012/2013 school year and it was very pleasing to see how quickly the Staff and the children have adapted and have grown with this new way of teaching. It is a small school so everybody knows everyone which is what makes URCA so great. There is nothing like walking into the school and everyone knowing who you and your children are. I could not be any more pleased with the education and care that my children receive at Upper Room Christian Academy. It is a true feeling of peace knowing my kids are well taken care, safe, and watched over with such love while in training to be critical thinkers, and well rounded young adults through the teachings of Christian Education. I am very proud and thankful to be part of the Eagle Family.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have two children at Upper Room Christian Academy and I am so pleased with the curriculum, teachers, extracurricular activities and administration. There are so many great aspects of this school. First, the teachers really love my children. They communicate with me often to keep me abreast of my child's scores, health and well being. The second great aspect is the curriculum. My children are challenged in every subject and they are expected to do well in every subject, unlike public school. I simply love the free after-school activities: golf, reading club, dance, science club, etc. The best part of this school is the small class size, approachable administration and chapel services. My children love chapel! I highly recommend Upper Room Christian Academy.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have been a staff member of Upper Room Christian Academy for over 5 years. I have enjoyed my experience as a Christian Educator and compelling our students to develop a biblical worldview.

Posted October 10, 2012
This is an excellent school, and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quality education. I have two boys there, and I wouldn't have them anywhere else.

Upper Room Christian Academy 4

Posted March 12, 2012
My son attended this school from 3 years old (2006) to 1st grade (2009). We pulled him out to attend public school which was a big mistake. My son was above grade level in Math in Reading when he left URCA. I loved the environment, the academics and most importantly the fact that they always taught GOD FIRST!!

Upper Room Christian Academy 0

Posted October 14, 2009
I am a parent with a child a the Upper Room Christian Academy for the last 8 years. My daughter is a exceptional reader and loves math and science because of this school. She has excelled in sports and has a desire to attend UNC Chapel Hill already in the 5th grade. The school is already putting her on the right track to attend there. It has been a blessing to my husband and I. We thank God for the vision that he has given Dr. Patrick L. Wooden Sr.

Upper Room Christian Academy
3330 Idlewood Village Drive, Raleigh, NC  27610
Last modified Upper Room Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Upper Room Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.