Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think most all schools assign too much homework. I think a six hour school day is enough work. I think each child should read for 20 minutes or more each night....and review for tests, but no further homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

With the SLY motto! S = Show Respect; L= Listen and Learn; Y = Your safety counts

We have been at Forest Pines since 2008 and we have had a marvelous experience. Other than teachers moving on, we have felt encouraged to learn and felt supported when we were falling behind.

Excellent School- My children went there for 3 years and are so far advanced of the students at there new school after we moved away. Wish we could have moved this school with us.

Love, Loveeee this school, my daugther is in kinder garden and she is already reading at first grade level, teacher Mrs Whithing is Great!!! the school always have something going on as far activities, everyone is so nice and friendly..thanks Forest Pine

I have two children at Forest Pines and have been very satisfied with the school and the teachers. The 'specials' rotation is great - extra sessions with art, music, Spanish, technology, library, etc. The teachers have been very responsive and approachable. My kids have really enjoyed it,and I also feel like they're getting solid instruction. I do wish they had better support with teachers' aides, but in this economy I can understand how that's not top priority. I think that the administration also does a good job keeping parents informed about upcoming deadlines and activities.

Tremendous school...teachers and administration!!! We moved our child from a nearby private school to Forest Pines because our child and we were so unhappy with the private school. Since being in Forest Pines, he has completely turned around and is now thriving. We owe this to the positive, competent, and caring environment in this school. We strongly recommend Forest Pines!

We have been very pleased with Forest Pines Drive Elementary. Our son had a great start in kindergarten and has continued to flourish since entering 1st grade. He has also built great friendships thus far!

Terrible, the students do not learn at grade level. we have had 3 bad teachers 3 years in a row.

We were at this school for only 1 year (2207-2008). We had a difficult year there. I have a child with ADHD and had problems with the particular teacher we received. The staff seemed courteous, but trying to receive special services was difficult. Again, teacher was difficult to communicate with and staff seemed out of touch with ADHD issues.

Last modified Forest Pines Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.