Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

River Bend Elementary
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 12, 2015
Mr.Morrison 4th grade teacher track 3 has made my son start go enjoy school . hes taken time to see what is going on with him . sits and talks to him. Really cares about his students. Miss Austin kindergarten track 3 my daughter loves her and her assistant miss Asher. She actually missed them so much over her track out. She's learned so much in such a short amount of time.

River Bend Elementary 2

Posted October 05, 2015
I worked at this school for a number of years. The teachers are great and incredibly hard workers. They truly care about the students and their colleagues. However, administration is a different story. The new principal, who has been in his position for about two years now, should not be a principal. He was decent as a VP, but it was obvious that the transition to Principal was difficult. There were THREE different secretaries in less than two years. Does that not speak volumes? Being RUDE, micro-managing, and not setting a good example for children or colleagues is NOT acceptable! He would expect his employees to set a "good" and "positive" example for colleagues and students, yet he was NOT leading by example. His priorities were incredibly out of order. There were times when he would not even greet a teacher or a student. There were times when a negative and unhappy look was upon his face, and let me change "times," to "MANY times." A true LEADER, leads by example. He or she absolutely requires exceptional work, but they do that by setting an example of how it should be done, NOT the opposite. Over 30 teachers/employees have LEFT the school in the year and a half that he has been the "leader." I hate to leave this review, but it is necessary that it be in the open for individuals to know the truth.

Posted November 06, 2014
I used to work at this school, and it pains me to give it a one star review. The other teachers (except those who have been sucked into the politics) are some of the hardest working and nicest that I've ever worked with. The students are lovely. However, there is a huge problem with the leadership of this school. The leadership is totally unprofessional and inappropriate. I would caution anyone who is thinking of working here to reconsider. If you are experiencing problems from that area, just know that there have been concerns that have been expressed before and that these have not been heeded. A former poster claimed that this was the result of them being connected, but I don't think it is. I think, in Wake County, they let principals do whatever they want to staff.

Posted April 29, 2014
my girls love the school.and the teacher.and i am so happy.my girls doing great. i just wishthe school have spanish class.

Posted April 28, 2014
Riverbend Elementary, my daughter loves her school, the school is very structured ( besides the cafeteria&buses)

Posted March 19, 2014
This is my son's first year in the school and it will be his last. The new principle is rude and uncaring. My son had a hard time transitioning from pre-k at hodge rd elementary to here and his teacher isn't very helpful. She had him feel like he was a problem child and he never wanted to go to school. I asked for my son to be removed from the class and the princ refused ... WORST SCHOOL EVER!

River Bend Elementary 4

Posted March 11, 2014
I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader at Riverbend. We almost changed schools because the old principle was so hard to deal with. The new principle at this school is great.

Posted March 01, 2014
I have two children in River Bend, (1) in 3rd (5) grade. My children have attended River Bend for several years. (I'm not surprised) and I absolutely agree with several parents regarding the principals interaction. This is their last year attending and I couldn't be happier.

Posted February 13, 2014
I have two children at RBES and our family couldn't be more pleased with this school. Both of my children's teachers are caring, enthusiastic, and professional. My kids come home happy and are always excited to go to school the next day. Whenever I've interacted with the principal, he's been nothing but courteous, respectful, and eager to offer his help. We love River Bend and wouldn't consider sending our kids anywhere else!

Posted February 05, 2014
This is my child's first year at this school and I must say that his teacher is great, however, if you need ANY accomidations this isn't the school for you. Even after speaking to the principal on several occasion, he will not approve any request. The principal is very closed minded and will NOT work with you.

River Bend Elementary
6710 Perry Creek Rd, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified River Bend Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.