Posted April 29, 2014
my girls love the school.and the teacher.and i am so happy.my girls doing great. i just wishthe school have spanish class.

Posted April 28, 2014
Riverbend Elementary, my daughter loves her school, the school is very structured ( besides the cafeteria&buses)

Posted March 19, 2014
This is my son's first year in the school and it will be his last. The new principle is rude and uncaring. My son had a hard time transitioning from pre-k at hodge rd elementary to here and his teacher isn't very helpful. She had him feel like he was a problem child and he never wanted to go to school. I asked for my son to be removed from the class and the princ refused ... WORST SCHOOL EVER!

River Bend Elementary 4

Posted March 11, 2014
I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader at Riverbend. We almost changed schools because the old principle was so hard to deal with. The new principle at this school is great.

Posted March 01, 2014
I have two children in River Bend, (1) in 3rd (5) grade. My children have attended River Bend for several years. (I'm not surprised) and I absolutely agree with several parents regarding the principals interaction. This is their last year attending and I couldn't be happier.

Posted February 13, 2014
I have two children at RBES and our family couldn't be more pleased with this school. Both of my children's teachers are caring, enthusiastic, and professional. My kids come home happy and are always excited to go to school the next day. Whenever I've interacted with the principal, he's been nothing but courteous, respectful, and eager to offer his help. We love River Bend and wouldn't consider sending our kids anywhere else!

Posted February 05, 2014
This is my child's first year at this school and I must say that his teacher is great, however, if you need ANY accomidations this isn't the school for you. Even after speaking to the principal on several occasion, he will not approve any request. The principal is very closed minded and will NOT work with you.

Posted June 30, 2013
My child just completed their first year at River Bend and so far we have nothing but positive things to say about the school, the teachers and the new principal. I've spoken to several parents who feel the same way. Not sure what other negative reviewers have dealt with but the teachers in the lower grades have been fantastic to work with. And the new principal is very involved and personable. We are looking forward to the new school year at RB and seeing what's in store for the students.

Posted April 18, 2013
Staff is very unprofessional and emotionally immature and creates a negative atmosphere in the school. Mainly teachers in the lower grades. New principal can perhaps improve school quality.

River Bend Elementary 2

Posted April 14, 2013
This school's rating might improve dramatically now that Lois Hart has retired. Discipline in the school was good, but She was a very cool character and didn't allow any thing that might have disrupted the school's plan to 'teach the test'. As a result, there was minimal parent involvement---any good ideas presented by the PTA were shot down. She may have had a warm side, but we certainly never saw it. My kids were afraid of her. There was such a high turnover in new teachers. Most new teachers only stayed one year, although there are a few who have been there along time. My son had a great teacher last year, but she seemed to have received very little in the way of orientation to the building's many strict mandates (for teachers, not students!) and was often getting bashed for things she didn't know she wasn't supposed to do. And watch out for that secretary...I once saw her chew out a teacher in front of a group of students for a very minor issue (and since when does the secretary discipline teachers for anything?) If River Bend is Lucky, the new principal will take a different direction, but my youngest got a magnet seat so we are out of there!

River Bend Elementary
6710 Perry Creek Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified River Bend Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Bend Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.