Brier Creek Elementary 4

Posted January 03, 2014
We have been at BCES for two years and have had a great experience! Dr. Chambers is extremely visible, supports her staff and the students and runs a tight ship. We are constantly informed about what is going on via e-mail and phone and the teachers - as well as staff - are attentive, caring, professional and on point. My 5th grader thoroughly enjoys BCES and always has positive things to say about BCES. As a parent, I always feel welcomed and there are LOTS of wonderful ways throughout the year to get involved and be a part of the school's success. I am almost sad to have to leave and transition to middle school. BCES Rocks!!!

Posted January 02, 2014
Brier Creek is an excellent school. As a licensed teacher (not one that works at this school) and a parent, I couldn't be happier. Dr. Chambers is great and we have had wonderful experiences with the teaching staff. Big kudos to the PTA also.

Posted September 10, 2013
The experience at Brier Creek is one compared to a private school, the staff is friendly and helpful. Dr chambers and the teachers are some of the best in the county just spending time with any of the teachers you can tell they care. it's a privilege to have my daughter at Brier Creek. Go jets.

Posted August 02, 2013
Great school, great teachers, great principal and very strong academic program! Everything is very well organized. We love it.

Posted July 18, 2013
This is our first year at BCES, and thus far we have been very impressed with all aspects of the school; from the quality of the teachers, active PTA support, the organized processes the school has in place (signs of a well-run school), to the condition and cleanliness of facility itself. This coming from a parent who was initially reserved about our child attending BC (it was our second YR option) only because I didn't know much about BC. While using standardized test scores can be a good indicator of education quality, as "great schools" site uses to arrive at their 6 out of 10 score, I don't think it is best to rate a school on test scores alone. There are many other factors that contribute to the educational experience, including and most notably parental involvement and proper educational support at home.

Posted October 30, 2012
Brier Creek is a fabulous school! This is our first year at the school and the transition went extremely well with our children. This is a very welcoming school. This school and principal have exceeded all our expectations in regards to dealing with learning disabilities that the previous school did not want to acknowledge or help and made our children feel like failures. The staff is great and always there to help the children succeed. They found some issues with our child and immediately provided intervention during the day. The communication with the parents is outstanding and nothing is ever hidden. They provide any test scores/results that a parent requests. The staff will meet with parents at any time to discuss the progress of the children. Our children went to a previous school that only cared about test scores and this school is not like that. They care about the success of the children and provide any necessary help. Our children absolutely love attending Brier Creek Elementary!

Brier Creek Elementary 1

Posted September 26, 2012
Principal chambers has been a great disappointment. She is uncooperative and lacks the skills to communicate to parents in a supportive manner. She is cold and has a diva mentality. Any issue that might result in any poor PR is covered up rather than investigated. Only interested in test results. School does not adequately help children who start to struggle. Teachers are good.

Posted August 02, 2012
My daughter just started at Brier Creek and I have been very impressed with the Principal's accommodations of my needs as a parent, the carpool organization, parent communication, and their strong PTA. I do agree that the PTA seems to be really focused on fundraising - and they seem to do an amazing job at it. I am looking forward to an enjoyable educational partnership with Brier Creek.

Brier Creek Elementary 1

Posted July 23, 2012
If your child has any kind of learning disability or if they are falling behind in class, there is no help whatsoever. The school principal is more interested in test scores and does not accommodate any assistance for those who fall behind. I am so frustrated of the lack of care and compassion as well as practical advice.

Posted July 13, 2012
My children have both been in this school since kindergarten, and just entered second and fourth grade, respectively. We have a lot of experience with this school (four plus years now) and have been pleasantly surprised by the increase in quality and organization of our boys' educations. The Principal, Dr. Chambers, is incredibly responsive, forward-thinking, and runs a tight ship. She is kind and receptive, and really pays attention to the parents', students', and staff's needs. She also knows how to shift, when necessary, and understands which combinations of students and teachers will work or not. Her hand is in everything, which I appreciate, because I feel like she really has my boys' and the school's best interests at heart. I've noticed that she carefully selects teachers when she hires them. If they do not fit her profile, they will not be hired. Finally, there are many AG opportunities at Brier Creek, and as a parent of a student who participates in many of the AG activities, and is a part of the AG program, I am pleased with the support Brier Creek provides in this area. Similarly, I've noticed a good amount of resources for students who need extra help, too. :)

Brier Creek Elementary
9801 Brier Creek Parkway, Raleigh, NC  27617
Last modified Brier Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brier Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.