Bad
Good

Originally we wanted my daughter to attend a magnet, but I feel confident stating that Brier Creek is a superb school and better than many magnets. Dr. Chambers is amazing. She has almost 1,000 students, yet she knows my two children very well and looks after them. If one goes home early because they are ill she makes sure the other is notified. My children both have IEP's and I have been surprised and enlightened at the creative and effective techniques that Ms. Angela Carter employs to help them be effective. My daughter was accepted into the gifted program but prior to that, they still pulled her out for more challenging work. So, your child will be challenged and assisted regardless of where their peers are working. There is NO cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all cirricculum at this school. I was going to a meeting with my daughter's new teacher and we had to stop in the hallway 5 times for my daughter to hug and speak with others teachers she knows. Teachers genuinely care about students and will bend over backwards to help. If you do have a less than good experience, Dr. Chambers will listen and help resolve the situation. My children are doing great at BCES. One has autism and the other ADHD and they are doing great academically and behaviorally -- due to the creme-de-la-creme staff at BCES!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They use the SOAR behavior system and also introduce stores like the bucket filling book. Additionally, counselors visit the classrooms on a regular basis to work on honesty, integrity and anti-bullying issues.

Wonderful school, teachers and staff. Very responsive, helpful, and caring. We appreciate everything you do!

Great school! Teachers are attentive and instructive. My children love it there. Keep up the good work!

We have been at BCES for two years and have had a great experience! Dr. Chambers is extremely visible, supports her staff and the students and runs a tight ship. We are constantly informed about what is going on via e-mail and phone and the teachers - as well as staff - are attentive, caring, professional and on point. My 5th grader thoroughly enjoys BCES and always has positive things to say about BCES. As a parent, I always feel welcomed and there are LOTS of wonderful ways throughout the year to get involved and be a part of the school's success. I am almost sad to have to leave and transition to middle school. BCES Rocks!!!

Brier Creek is an excellent school. As a licensed teacher (not one that works at this school) and a parent, I couldn't be happier. Dr. Chambers is great and we have had wonderful experiences with the teaching staff. Big kudos to the PTA also.

The experience at Brier Creek is one compared to a private school, the staff is friendly and helpful. Dr chambers and the teachers are some of the best in the county just spending time with any of the teachers you can tell they care. it's a privilege to have my daughter at Brier Creek. Go jets.

This is our first year at BCES, and thus far we have been very impressed with all aspects of the school; from the quality of the teachers, active PTA support, the organized processes the school has in place (signs of a well-run school), to the condition and cleanliness of facility itself. This coming from a parent who was initially reserved about our child attending BC (it was our second YR option) only because I didn't know much about BC. While using standardized test scores can be a good indicator of education quality, as "great schools" site uses to arrive at their 6 out of 10 score, I don't think it is best to rate a school on test scores alone. There are many other factors that contribute to the educational experience, including and most notably parental involvement and proper educational support at home.

Brier Creek is a fabulous school! This is our first year at the school and the transition went extremely well with our children. This is a very welcoming school. This school and principal have exceeded all our expectations in regards to dealing with learning disabilities that the previous school did not want to acknowledge or help and made our children feel like failures. The staff is great and always there to help the children succeed. They found some issues with our child and immediately provided intervention during the day. The communication with the parents is outstanding and nothing is ever hidden. They provide any test scores/results that a parent requests. The staff will meet with parents at any time to discuss the progress of the children. Our children went to a previous school that only cared about test scores and this school is not like that. They care about the success of the children and provide any necessary help. Our children absolutely love attending Brier Creek Elementary!

Principal chambers has been a great disappointment. She is uncooperative and lacks the skills to communicate to parents in a supportive manner. She is cold and has a diva mentality. Any issue that might result in any poor PR is covered up rather than investigated. Only interested in test results. School does not adequately help children who start to struggle. Teachers are good.

Last modified Brier Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.