Wake Early Coll Heal 4

Posted May 29, 2014
You don't have to be a baby Einstein to do well (although 55% of the students are) as long as you can stay on top of your game, manage your time/workload and don't mind studying for hours at night you'll do fine. I know a handful of students who are committed to after school activities, sports, go to parties and can still receive good grades. I advise resources (tutor, laptop, printer, etc) The first 2-3 years spent on HS campus were the hardest in my opinion. It is very complicated to adapt to this school, freshman and sophomore year are spent over preparing you for north campus. But it is better to be over prepared than under prepared. North campus is very stressful and can be overbearing only because we are 16/17 year olds taking classes that normal people take at age 18/19. I appreciate the stress I went through on HS campus. I gave my school 4 stars because many programs/opportunities have been deleted from freshman year due to a new principal. She's starting to get on the ball but there is always room for Improvement. There have been nights where I only got 4 hours of sleep, but like all the other students we know it will be worth it in the end

Wake Early Coll Heal 4

Posted April 27, 2014
Most of the students that have previously posted have not completed the program. I am currently a senior, and I am more knowledgeable about the school. Personally, including many other seniors, believe that this school has provided MANY opportunities. Comparing myself to other students that go to a traditional high school, I am significantly more advanced. Right now, I have completed all the academic credit hours for my Associates of Science as well as my high school diploma, BUT I am choosing to stay an extra year to take extra classes and earn a certificate in either Phlebotomy or as a Pharmacy Technician. This school is primarily for students who are interested in pursuing careers in the health and medical field, so why would you come here if you want to be a lawyer? It's common sense. Also, if you are encouraging your child to apply here based solely on economical reasons, DO NOT SEND HIM OR HER HERE! This is a rigorous school, and your child needs to be focused and on top of his or her game! Then, he or she may be fit for this school. Overall, the teachers here are GREAT: they are WELL-educated, they care about our futures, and they are almost like our second-parents.

Posted April 12, 2014
PARENTS: DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL! I am a current student there, and as far as I know, this has to be the worst school in EARLY COLLEGE HISTORY. A restrictive and boring. The teachers there are horrible at teaching, and most give busy work. The teachers are always talking about how to get into college and how to be better. I agree, that is important, but when they are talking about this everyday, then it is really annoying. The school is making us drones. I want to be a Lawyer, and they only have Health Science courses. When you get to North Campus, they are extremely restrictive as to which classes you can take: Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology, and Math. Those are only options. Unless you want to be a Scientist or Doctor, DON'T COME HERE. They are making drones out of us. You know how they say that Kids in High school have the same Mental Problems as the people in Mental Illness centers in the 1950s? Well, our school is giving us as much mental problems as people in the 2000s. Trust me, if you want a future, don't come here. If your child is interested in becoming anything other than a Scientist or Doctor, this school should not be on your school list.

Posted October 03, 2013
This school is not designed for smart students. It is restrictive. The teachers are great but its hard to provide resources for those students who can do much better with their talents due to restrictive policies. Principal is inflexible and extremely litigative. Definitely has declined in quality over the years but I think the teachers are the only shining part of the school.

Wake Early Coll Heal 2

Posted June 10, 2013
If your child is considered AG and has classes lined up that are "higher level"(think in math and science classes), do not apply here. That being said, Wake Early College is a decent school. If your family needs help getting into college and think your child can spend a year extra in school to get an Associates Degree, it would be good to apply. The teachers are amazing. The only problem you could encounter here is if you want to go above and beyond what the school is already set for. You cannot get an Associates Degree in 4 years. You cannot do summer classes. You cannot take higher-level classes even if you already have credit for previous classes. For two years, your child will be behind what their peers at other schools are doing. The lack of class variety is understandable: WECHS is a small school. But if you think your child can get an Associates Degree in 4 years here, do not apply. They've made it impossible. Your AG child is better off at Enloe, Green Hope, or any other traditional school. All in all, you should apply here if your child struggles in school and needs lots of teacher support. Do not expect any flexibility in choosing classes. Good luck!

Posted April 25, 2013
Our School is just so boring. Just like the other person said, "All they talk about is grades and how to get into a better college." They really don't! Our school is literally making us kids drones. I really do not like anything in our school. Also the name, "Wake Early" is literally saying Wake up Early. Because you do have to do this! You have to wake up early because they pick up kids all over Wake County. Trust me parents, if you cared about your kids, you would not send them here.

Wake Early Coll Heal 3

Posted April 24, 2013
I currently go to this school and it's not I personally think their are better school's out their then this one. Teachers don't really work with you unless you go to them or go to the counselor which by then the teachers putting you in categories. although I like it being that's it's very diverse and the atmosphere is friendly it would be better if the students could do more and the principal would restrict less. The competitions that certain clubs have went to have lost because their not able to practice when they want or with the group, and how can we take anything serious if they treat us like where little kids, the bottom line is it's nothing big , it's and average school that you have to work 10x harder because it is so much work and things to accumulate before this school will be successful in many ways.

Wake Early Coll Heal 5

Posted October 05, 2010
This is our first year at the school, we're extremely pleased with the quality and level of caring & involvement we see from the teachers, size of the school, diversity of the population in every possible way. The kids are very accepting of one another & the academic expectations are high. They get through all of HS in first 2 years & then most move to the college campus for classes. This is a school for those focused on learning & getting to college faster than average, there are no sports but plenty of social activities.

Wake Early Coll Heal 5

Posted August 31, 2010
I give the school a 5+. The low teacher:student ratio allows students to achieve above their norm if they are motivated. This school is not for the faint of heart, ones who do not want to put in effort, and one whose parent(s) want them to attend yet they have no desire to attend. Teachers have always been responsive to parent requests; keep parents informed of what's going on. I love the weekly principal message that is given via phone.

Wake Early Coll Heal 3

Posted March 06, 2010
I would have to give this school a 3 at best. Teachers do care about their students but mainly their favorites. The teacher student ratio is too low for teachers to have favorites. Students who do not meet their teachers expectations are pretty much handed off to counselors and parents are constantly harrassed.

Wake Early Coll Heal
2901 Holston Lane, Raleigh, NC  27610
Last modified Wake Early Coll Heal is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wake Early Coll Heal Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.