Raleigh, NC
Before care: Yes

Posted November 21, 2014
I have two children currently in the school. We have experienced elementary and preschool. The first thing I love about Atlas is that you are treated like family. If your kid is hurt and needs a hug, they'll carry them and give them a hug. The second thing is the way kids mentor one another; all the elementary kids have interactions with each other, and the older ones encorage and support the littles; so sweet. The class size is awesome, and because it's so small, they can customize your child's learning to meet his/her needs. We are big fans of Atlas :)

Posted October 12, 2014
I chose Atlas because of the holistic approach to learning that my children are being offered there. My children are structured and encouraged to perform to the best of their abilities while being provided with the proper tools to succeed. Parents and teachers work as a team, and students are expected to be kind and respectful. The healthy eating policies and daily recesses help make it easy for the children to stay focused during the day. I love the homeschooling aspect encouraged by the school's shortened school days and weeks allowing the parents to work with the children at home on research projects which the children proudly present to their class every other week. We love Atlas!

Posted October 10, 2014
This will be our 6th year as part of the Atlas family. We had some very specific goals for our children's education and Atlas has met those and more. Being from a bilingual family, we very much wanted our kids to have foreign language included in their curriculum starting in pre-K. Atlas' immersion program has been great for our kids without being overwhelming for students just starting to learn. We also wanted a school which addressed the whole child, not just a score on a standardized test. Atlas emphasizes nutrition, manners, core values and being part of the team as well as teaching individuals at their own pace. With a 6:1 ratio, we know that our kids are getting the attention that they need. Finally, it was important to us to have a school where we felt that we, as parents, were part of the educational team. Atlas is great about keeping parents current on important information but they also want parents to be involved in projects and events at school. This gives us an opportunity to be hands-on and really add to what the kids are learning in the classroom. We couldn't imagine our kids going to any other school.

Posted October 07, 2014
When we moved to Cary, last year it has been chaotic due to the public school system. With year round schools which is more confusing and disrupting for both parents and children. In my desperation when I found Atlas I was elated. My child used to attend a public school last year. This year when we were arm twisted to attend an year round school, Atlas School was my answer. We are very happy with the school it feels like there is personal attention. Our child takes responsibility for his work and scores higher marks in his tests. Our child also discovered that he is a very creative writer. It makes a world of difference. I just wish there were schools like Atlas. It is not your fancy school but if you want to raise children with good eating habits, good ethics, and to understand academics and actually be interested, inspired towards learning then this is the place to go. They teach two foreign languages, music one on one violin and piano, and they have clubs on fridays along with Saxon math. Super, Super, school. I personally feel that this is cary's best kept secret.

Posted March 10, 2011
Excellent school! It is incomparable with wake county school systems. It has shorter day and no school on Friday except that it is just an amazing school and amazing teachers! I highly recommended it for any body who is looking for an excellent school with teacher student ration 1:6

Posted July 17, 2009
This school is wonderful! My child is challenged and looks forward to going to school every day. His teachers are some of the best in the Triangle. And thanks to the 6 to 1 student/teacher ratio, he learns more, even though the school day is somewhat shorter than at most schools.

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted July 11, 2009
My child has soared at Atlas School. Her teachers are phenomenal, providing lots of structure and organization, and giving her more one-on-one attention in a day, than she got in a year, at her other school. I'm very much in tune to what she is learning and I know all the other parents, and their children. I'm especially impressed by the quality of the students. They are better behaved than most, probably because of the strong parent involvement. I also love the extra-curricular classes offered, and the emphasis on health. Hopefully more schools like this will open in the future.

Atlas International School 2

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009
I love this school! I have two pre-schoolers who have been at Atlas for two years, but I am looking forward to one moving up to kindergarten next year. My children's teachers are some of the most nurturing and creative I've known. Further, thanks to short school days and the 6:1 ratio, the teachers do not appear to experience the frustration of having too many children for too many hours a day. Both of my parents were heavily involved in the public school system, so I know. I have also had the opportunity to work with each grade level at Atlas in one capacity or another. Thus, I have been able to witness the patience all the teachers extend towards the children, the director's astuteness in identifying what each child needs to be successful, and the community that has been created through parent-teacher collaboration. Did I mention I love this school??

Atlas International School
1280 Buck Jones Rd, Raleigh, NC  27606
Last modified Atlas International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Atlas International School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top