Posted May 18, 2014
My child is a fifth grader at North Forest Pines. She has been at NFP since Kindergarten. My daughter has loved everything about NFP! Her teachers have all been phenomenal! They have challenged her and prepared her for middle school! Our principal and assistant principal are also awesome! They support the students, teachers and parents in any way that they possibly can. All of the staff makes me feel welcomed every time I walk into the building. Thank you North Forest Pines for taking such good care of my baby all of these years! I hope that we will have this great of an experience in middle school!

North Forest Pines Elementary 2

Posted May 17, 2014
Being a parent at this school I am not too pleased with the principal or the assistant. The last principal was fantastic. She plays favorites towards students as well as teachers. There are several teachers there that are below standards, never there, no discipline in the classrooms, some teachers are on their cell phones or internet when they are suppose to be teaching our children, the aides there some are doing what they are suppose to do but others do not(favorites or maybe they don't rock the boat or related to someone else) she lets the good teachers and aides go but keeps the ones that do nothing, when they have subs there are no lesson plans or they have the sub figure out what to do. The school has rules yet when they are enforced the employees are frowned upon. But isn't that what rules are for? I can't figure it out. Some rumors around, state that teachers are giving scores to students higher than they should to make them look good. I would think twice about sending your child there, my student is leaving. Also, just because this school has a good rating doesn't mean it's an accurate rating they can be fudged too.

Posted February 09, 2012
My son is in kindergarten at this school and has the BEST teacher. She has motivated him and he is reading and achieving beyond my expectations. This school wants to work closely with the parents and values volunteers and parent involvement. My daughter will start kindergarten here next year. I am looking forward to many wonderful years here and would not want my children anywhere else.

Posted April 07, 2011
We have had our kid in this school since Kindergarten and he is now getting ready for 3rd grade and we can honestly state that this school is top notch. We have been happy with the performance of the teachers and staff at the school. Because this is a public school it is hard to get great teachers since the private schools tend to pay more but this doesnt seem to be evident since all the teachers, he has had, have been wonderful and I couldnt think of sending my kid anywhere else. If we had money for private schools we would still have our kid go to this school as we have had such a great experience here and the school DOES care about the students. This is an All Year school which took getting used to being from the northeast but we love it now that we realize that he doesnt get bored during breaks since its only 1 month off. We also love the " Soar" program. Show self-control Operate safely Act Responsibly Respect Yourself and Others This has been great for the kids to learn as this seems to be the most evident thing missing in kids these days...Respect Dont think twice pick this school it is well worth it!

North Forest Pines Elementary 1

Posted March 16, 2011
We have been at this school four years and up until now we have been happy here. The teachers have been great. Unfortunately, my child's kindergarten teacher had to take a family medical leave and the principal chose to rotate subs every three weeks instead of hiring a permanent sub for the classroom (and one was available that we had for six weeks prior) and when asked why she was not returning he said "he wasn't able to "acquire" her....SHE WAS NOT ASKED! We have had six plus teachers this year in kindergarten and "subs for the subs" during their 3-week stint! Twenty plus parents went to him and voiced our concerns and we were not heard. He made an executive decision and would not even consider what was best for our children. He puts on a good show (standing out at carpool every day etc.) but don't expect him to do what is best for children (except his own...his kindergartner is in the other class!). This same situation with subs has played out in at least two other classrooms over the past couple of years! He is a narcissist and cannot be trusted to make the best decisions regarding children...only himself!

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted July 30, 2008
North Forest Pines is a new year round school (opened for the 2007-2008 school year). The principal is very involved, the staff seems quite happy and excited to be there, and I have seen such great things happen there. My daughter is now a first grader and we have been thrilled with her teachers (kindergarten and first grade), as well as the specials teachers. I have found the administrators to be very open and accessible, and everyone wants the school to be successful.

Posted May 13, 2008
i just love the expirence my child is have this year im proud to say this is a wounderful school.!.

North Forest Pines Elementary
11501 Forest Pines Drive, Raleigh, NC  27614
Last modified North Forest Pines Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Forest Pines Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.