Endeavor Charter School 2

Posted June 17, 2014
Our family has been at this school since it started six years ago. I am sad to say that there are many problems that affect this school. The problems stem from lack of leadership from the administration. The job of an administration is to give vision to the school, to set by example, to inspire teachers and students. About 3 years ago you could see and feel the inattention that the administration was giving to the needs of the students and teachers. Teachers who embraced the "We learn by doing" motto were either fired or moved on. The 6th 7th and 8th grade has not had a single year where the teaching models have been used consecutively. It has always been "lets try this and see how that goes." Electives for junior high students have been dismal. For small class sizes we could have had some real electives that would have taught our students something, allowed them to explore new ideas. But alas it was spanish, pick up the recycles from the classrooms, or play games with the little kids on the small playground. Spanish was moved to a semester elective instead of a year long class. Again the changing of teaching models! So I have said goodbye with no regrets.

Endeavor Charter School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
School has a very weak administrator that basically lets the North Raleigh families and board members run him around. Teacher's definitely play favorites with the kids whose parents are connected. We've have some wonderful teachers here (one that left and one that is retiring soon) which makes us realize how wonderful and rare truly great teachers are. Unfortunately, most of the teachers aren't great and seem highly sensitive to whose child they need to favor and whose child they can safely ignore. No bullying that I am aware of, but some of the kids are brats with an entitlment mentality (thanks to Mom and Dad) and social exclusionary bullying can be just as hurtful (we haven't experienced this but others have). The school is moving out to the hinterland so we may say "au revoir". I think this school will be shaken to it's very core when regular working class folks start attending. So, I would consider all the reviews of Endeavor Charter from an 'historical' perspective. No way this school continues to be the same. Lots of new students, lots of new parents. Hopefully a new administration team will be put in place, but that's doubtful.

Posted December 17, 2013
We have been at Endeavor for 3 years - 2 children at Endeavor now and our oldest is an alumna who was well prepared for high school. Our teachers have been fantastic! The children were very welcoming to our oldest when she entered in 8th grade. It was a HUGE improvement in learning environment for her - expectations were set high and she rose to meet them. The staff and administration know all of the kids by name and each child is greeted personally when they arrive each morning by admin team members holding the doors open for the kids. Parent involvement is high (I served a term on PAWS - their PTA) and a large percentage of parents help regularly by volunteering for lunch duty, field trip transportation and other things. The board is in process of building a $19MM permanent school facility off of Burlington Mills at Capital Blvd in Wake a Forest - about 13 minutes NW of the current Forum Drive location. The school will move to its new home for the 2014 - 2015 school year.

Posted October 12, 2013
This school has made a world of difference for my 3 boys. One is gifted and was only taught to his abilities when he got a seat at Endeavor. He is now in high school, and ECS clearly has been an advantage. Another son has learning difficulties, but isn't hyper, so he was also "warehoused" at the public schools he attended. The faculty goes out of their way to help him succeed. My youngest seems to be ahead of the class in some areas and behind in others. The small class sizes allow his teachers to accommodate his needs, as well.

Endeavor Charter School 1

Posted June 17, 2013
I am a former teacher at Endeavor and as several previous reviewers have noted that if your child is not among the financially privileged and connected families, they just aren't treated the same. I saw this with my own eyes. The administration is very weak and is scared to death of certain parents and board members.

Endeavor Charter School 4

Posted November 04, 2012
Both of my children attend at ECS. As both an educator and parent I commend the school for its hands-on-learning, public speaking opportunities and social stewardship. However there is bullying taking place and the administration does little to circumvent it. If you have money your "in" and your child's poor behavior is overlooked other students suffer because of it.

Endeavor Charter School 3

Posted April 27, 2012
This school has a lot of great qualities, BUT if you have a child that is a bit "different" beware! This school is full of economically-privileged, North Raleigh families. Children who are not into sports or the latest cool consumer trend are openly ostracized. The administration does very little to try and deal with these problems. My child developed anxiety problems from the social and academic stress imposed by this school. I know there are others who have endured this as well. Teachers are for the most part very caring but there seems to be some rigidity imposed by administration that has resulted in a high teacher turnover. If your child is well-adjusted and deals with social pressure well, this school is fine. But if not, be ready for many tearful nights-the small class size makes the teasing all the more ruthless and hard to take. My child is attending a regular public school in Raleigh now and is thriving.

Posted October 20, 2011
Great School. We have been very happy at Endeavor. It feels like a community and my son feels very at home there. They have challenging academics, smaller class sizes, caring and committed teachers, and plenty of parental support and involvment. In addition, they foster a hands-on learning approach and offer a lot of unique curriculum based fields trips which allow the students to learn the curriculum at a deeper level. We feel very blessed to be a part of such an amazing school.

Posted August 01, 2010
I have three children at Endeavor and feel very blessed to have had the opportunity for them to attend this incredible school. The teachers are warm and truly do care about each child. The administration is very open and always has a door open policy and is involved with every student and parent. This school has excellent teachers, a strong principal and an academic program like no other.

Posted November 10, 2009
Extremely healthy school environment, teachers & administration very involved in supervision and making sure kids treat each other with respect, zero tolerance for bullying. Kids are accepting of all kinds of differences. Academically, some teachers are willing to assess student's individual needs & provide appropriate challenge and/or remediation. Teachers communicate & update assignments online. I'm happy with the school overall.

Contact Information

9400 Forum Drive
Raleigh, NC 27615

School website

Endeavor Charter School
9400 Forum Drive, Raleigh, NC  27615
Last modified Endeavor Charter School is a charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Endeavor Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.