Posted November 24, 2014
As a parent of a kindergartener who has had some learning difficulties, I must say I am very impressed with my experience thus far at SCES. Our teacher and teacher assistant are amazing with my daughter and really strive to make sure she is getting the assistance she needs. Communication with them has been frequent and helpful. The administration has a very positive attitude. Generally the parents are very engaged in the school with frequent volunteering and spending time with their children outside of school, which may be another reason for the success we are seeing here. Most importantly, my daughter loves going to school, despite the challenges she's been facing academically. It's a positive environment for her, and I can't recommend SCES enough.

Posted November 21, 2014
Best school in Raleigh, quality education better than private school!!! Wonderful staff that genually care.

Posted May 23, 2014
the administration of this school is amazing. they are involved and very accessible to parents. they've been understanding and helpful above and beyond what they've needed to be. as for teachers, it's pretty diverse. some of the teachers are unbelievably amazing. some, well, not so much. it may be that the teachers we've had that aren't as good just don't look as good because the amazing ones we've had are truly amazing. in our experience, there is a direct correlation of awesome teachers to their level of desired parental involvement: that is, the teachers who really want their parents to volunteer in their classrooms have shown way more enthusiasm for teaching than the teachers who prefer not to have parents involved.

Posted January 09, 2014
Our daughter moved to this school from Leesville for second grade. We were concerned that a relatively new school would be a step down from Leesville. But we have been very pleased with the teachers and staff at Sycamore Creek. Our daughter loves this school. The chorus is amazing. It seems like 1/2 the school is part of it. The music teacher is retiring but I expect the new teacher will be great. She has big shoes to fill. Consider you child lucky if they get go to this school.

Posted October 10, 2013
This is a wonderful school! We have two children that attend, and they both love it. The teachers are supportive and encouraging. The office and admin staff have been incredible and a joy to have met. Thank you Sycamore Creek, we love you!

Posted August 14, 2013
We just started at this school on Track 2 in July, but have thus far had a great experience with both teachers, office staff and administrators. We have a kiddo without IEP or 504 but requires classroom accommodations. His teacher is willing to tag-team daily goals. Both teachers are experienced and willing to learn whatever it takes to help our kiddos. The principal is a STRONG leader and is clearly highly involved. The expectations of children to achieve and the willingness to find tools to help them do that is unsurpassed in our experience which consists of 5 elementary schools in 2 states.

Posted May 17, 2013
SCES is has great teachers and leadership. The PTA is engaged and encourages involvement but doesn't bombard you with requests.

Posted May 09, 2013
love this school went their and mom works their asoume school!!!! LOVED IT SO SO SOS OS OSO MUCH

Posted January 04, 2013
We are so excited to be a part of SCES. The teachers are excellent & have extremely challenging programs. I volunteer at the school every chance that I can and have always received a warm & welcoming greeting from office staff. Parents & family members are encouraged to volunteer. I love the Daily 5 curriculum that was started this year. The principal & assistant principal are amazing and show strong leadership. We had to attend another elementary before but am so happy to now be a part of this awesome/amazing school. I am very encouraged to see the way that staff interacts with each other. Again, we are very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful school. I would highly recommend this school.

Sycamore Creek Elementary 1

Posted December 07, 2012
I agree with the other 2 parents in reference to the EOG test scores. Once my child needed extra help the environment became hostile. The principal and staff are extremely rude and act like know it alls, when they don't know anything about any family at the school. The teachers are inexperienced and forced us to transfer out of the school. The administration loves when families leave the school, because those families won't bring down the test scores. They basically run the families out of the school that need help, so this is how the school scores so high on EOG's. It is awful that a school is ran like this.

Sycamore Creek Elementary
10921 Leesville Road, Raleigh, NC  27613
Last modified Sycamore Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top