Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted July 22, 2016
My daughter loves Banks! There is care, harmony and true discipline towards providing great education, a spirit of community and family values. Banks Road Elementary is providing the foundation my child needs in education, challenging her every step of the way at the same time as giving her positive reinforcement, guidance and care.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 18, 2015
I've heard parents from other schools complaining about the amount of homework. I've never found this to be a problem at Banks. I did ask my oldest son's earliest teachers (before 3rd grade) to provide more stimulating homework for him since he was performing way above grade level. The teachers were great about it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 18, 2015
Although the programs haven't always been consistent, Banks Rd has always emphasized character education in many different forms.

Posted September 18, 2015
I have two kids at Banks Road and have been very pleased with the experience. We had issues with the bus during my oldest son's first year. The older kids were playing an inappropriate game in the back of the bus. I called the school office and the assistant principal handled the situation the next day. My youngest son experienced separation anxiety in kindergarten. The school counselor, and his teacher and assistant teacher were all extremely helpful throughout the entire year, never losing patience and continually encouraging him. A teacher from an entirely different class came up and gave me a hug after I left him crying in his classroom. The teachers we've had have all been highly capable, energetic and supportive, including the specials teachers and AIG instructors. I especially like that this is a small community school. All my neighbor's kids go to this school so there's a feeling of connection and investment.

Banks Road Elementary 1

Posted August 10, 2014
Redirect: I guess if your child has no "problems, academic or otherwise," then it is really easy to have a "great experience" pretty much anywhere you are. A true educator and a solid administration shows its skill when it is faced with challenge. ALL children deserve an education, even ones with "problems" as the last reviewer so eloquently calls it, whatever learning differences they may have.

Posted August 09, 2014
We have had a great experience at Banks Rd! The school is beautiful, clean, and safe. But above all, my children have benefitted from WONDERFUL, dedicated, energetic teachers. I volunteer regularly and am amazed by how hard these teachers work to ensure each child's success. My children have not had any problems, academic or otherwise, so I cannot speak to the issues mentioned previously. Based on our experience. Banks Rd Elementary exceeds expectations!

Banks Road Elementary 2

Posted July 08, 2014
While some of the teachers at this school are phenomenal, on the whole, the administration is ineffective. The principal is micro-managing and runs the school according to her own limited understanding and clarity about educational issues. It is true that she is much more interested in her own agenda and in making herself look good, and providing unfair opportunities for her own children who attend the school. Very cold and unfeeling, and completely disinterested in anything other than test scores {anything that makes her look good}. -

Banks Road Elementary 3

Posted July 04, 2014
This school is newer so it has the new technology but with that the teachers are all not in line and it hasn't been a positive experience. I agree with the parent about the teachers not having positive attitudes. (Of course some do) But they are not manged by the principal to use positive behavior reinforcement. They started a program for kids and teachers but it was never reinforced so it quickly fell by the way side. The principal is new (although she is starting into her 3rd year) and doesn't have everyone on the same page so it's a crap shoot as to how the classroom will be run and managed. I am still undecided on her ability to manage the school. Sometimes she seems on target then she goes off into left field. She seems more concerned about making things 'appear' to be good than actually making changes but only time will tell. My recommendation would be to try a school that is a little more established with a strong principal that's been there for at least 5 years.

Posted October 05, 2013
Banks Road Elementary provides a positive and safe learning environment for my kids. It is comforting to know that they are safe and in the hands of a caring staff. It is encouraged for parents to be involved in the classrooms and school events. The curriculum is advanced and moves at a fast pace. Parent involvement is needed and encouraged to keep up with the pace. Principal Graf is a sincere and focused leader of the school. She is always pushing the school ahead and finding ways to improve it year after year.

Banks Road Elementary 1

Posted July 28, 2013
Banks road is really in need of teachers with positive attitudes. Hearing about why the kids are wearing cheap shoes or that their hair smells is not something I should be hearing as a parent by the staff. Posters are on the walls about "no bullying" but the teachers are the bullies. Lookout for a few of the 5th grade teachers they are the meanest. My daughters self -esteem was shattered because of the teachers threats and constant intimidation. My kids cried everyday. If you complain, the staff will target your children. My kids felt it everyday. Wish the principal was more compassionate. It starts at the top!! I was considered frantic for advocating for my kids.

10225 Chambers Rd, Raleigh, NC  27603
Last modified Banks Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.