Public charter
Research Triangle Park, NC

Posted January 14, 2015
My son is a freshman at RTHS. I was nervous at first because the school had only been opened for a couple of years and I was worried all the kinks hadn't been worked out. However, we have pleased. The school is organized, all of the teachers are very approachable and organized. The classes are small and the idea of self-directed learning is a new concept that my son is embracing. The commute is long going from downtown Raleigh out to the Park but it's talk my son more life skills since he has to transfer buses. With free Wifi on TTA buses he's also been able to get work done during the commute. Athletics are great and the clubs have something for everyone. In short I could not be more pleased.

Posted January 14, 2015
Love the school. The teachers are awesome. Teachers and staff respond to emails very quickly. The teachers are very encouraging and try so hard to make learning fun and enjoyable. Even though the school is new, I feel it runs like a well oiled machine. Couldn't ask for anything more...

Research Triangle High School 4

Posted April 15, 2014
My daughter has been able to try new things and learn at RTHS. Most of the teachers enjoy challenging and teaching, and it shows!

Posted April 08, 2014
An awsome school with small classes and great twitter/Facebook feeds! I can't wait for my girls to start in the fall

Posted April 07, 2014
My 9th grade boy is an average student who was getting lost in the big wake county middle and knew it would only get bigger with High school. The things I like about RTHS is that EVERY and I mean EVERY administrator is approachable and the takes the time to help either make my guy understand why the administrator did what they did or be in my child's corner for help with a teacher. The pros and cons are everyone knows everyone. My boy enjoys the small school atmosphere and that you can not melt into the back of the class, everyone has a voice. This being a new school there are bound to be hiccups, things that do not go to plan, BUT I like that, I like the thought that I am shaping this school into the model that all school will aspire to be. I am proud and love helping be a RAPTOR!

Posted April 07, 2014
School is awesome! Supportive administrator and accessible teachers. Great use of technology in classrooms. My son has had a great year there.

Posted April 07, 2014
We have been thrilled with this school, we are so lucky our child got a spot. Small classes, flipped learning, lots of tech are just some of the high points. However the teachers are really what has been the best part of this school. It's a great mix of veterans and young teachers. They all know your child, are willing to talk, etc. IEP support and administrative support have been great as well. Doors are open to parents, emails get answered quickly. We love that the students can get really involved with things. It's such a nice change from Wake County middle schools. The sports programs are new but there is a lot of enthusiasm. Art and drama are fantastic. No question it is a challenging school, there is a high homework load but it's so varied the kids don't seem to mind it that much. The 9am start means they can stay up late to get through stuff and be ready in the morning.

Posted April 07, 2014
A great place, for students, teachers and parents. The innovative teaching methods and encouraging environment are the way education should be.

Posted April 07, 2014
RTHS is a fantastic example of the flipped-classroom model of learning. Students use their personal devices daily to access "homework" videos and submit assignments. Teamwork, group project work, presentation experience and hands-on labs are used extensively and are valuable tools for our students.

Posted April 07, 2014
Research Triangle High School is a special place...great teachers, parent engagement, superior educational curricula. We are pleased to have our son at a school that is helping him to develop to his full potential!

Research Triangle High School
10 Park Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC  27709
Last modified Research Triangle High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Research Triangle High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top