Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If your child isn't a "favorite", they will be mistreated and not awarded the same opportunity as the "favorites".

My son transferred from a school near the Raleigh area, which he never had any issues, however when he started at TMS we had nothing but problems. I was getting calls constantly regarding my child's behavior, and at first I thought it was because of the transition and he was having a hard time adjusting, however as we got into the middle of the year things didn't improve. I found out that my child was being bullied and that was the reason for his behavior. When I brought this to the attention of his teacher, I was told to go on the website and fill out the bully report form, which I did, but I wanted them to do their part as well. During a conference I was told by his teacher that the kids target him. I can't understand why the same kids continue to get away with bullying when the administration knew what was going on. We have always taught our children to defend themselves, which is what he did when he was being bullied, and he was the one that was suspended because the other kid lied about what happened. Even after the child admitted that he started the fight, he got nothing, while mine was suspended for 2 days. TMS refuses to believe that they not only have a bullying problem, but they have a drug problem as well. My son experienced the bullying problem and I was told by a staff member about the drug problem. You would think if they know about theses issues but they would rather sweep it under the rug rather than handle the issue. TMS staff have their favorites, and if your child isn't one you need to beware. It is very sad that all children are not treated equal, but I hope that by sharing our experience other people will be aware of what goes on at this school and if they have an opportunity to enroll their child in another school take it.

Our son attended the 6th and 7th grade at Trexler and it was wonderful. The staff at this school is very caring and always available for the parents. We are a military family and felt welcome. Trexler is a very safe school and I would highly recommend it.

I have to admitted I was pretty skeptical at first when my daughter attended her six grade year but it was actually a very easy transition for her to adjust from the elementary to middle school. She had some amazing teachers she wasn't happy when we got order to Okinawa in the middle of her 7 grade year two years ago. She still keeps in touch with many of the students and one of her female teachers that was once stationed in Okinawa.

Our (military) son just completed sixth at Trexler. He feels safe there, enjoyed his teachers and the other students. While there were about 30 students in his classes, we all feel he got a quality education. The entire school has a very large overall population due to increased growth of the area, but I feel the school has done well to balance the numbers and handle any overcrowding fears.

I am an eighth grader at tms, and I have enjoyed the years I have attended. I love all of the sports offered, and the extra activitie's like beta. I am sad to be leaving this excellent school, but happy to be learning more in education. (:

My son is from a military family and has adjusted well at Trexler. He is enjoying his new school and has made some great friends. A variety of sports are offered, but I will highly agree with a previous posting which stated 'local names do rule'. It is very difficult for new children to get onto the teams. I would recommend public sports outside of the school system.

There was a sistuation with my daughter and another student.And the principal took care of it immently.And went beyond his duty to take care of it.I was really suprised,but very pleased.

I was a 6th grader last year, and I felt comfortable and safe at trexler. I enjoy going to school and wouldn't go to any other. I learned a lot in my 6th grade year, and I'm ready to move on.

We have had a very good experience at Trexler. Having two of my children there for a year - and coming from larger more academically challenging schools in Florida, we were still very satisfied. I didn't ever worry about my children's safety and the school has/had very little trouble with their attending students. There are many activities that are offered to the students as well as athletic activities on the middle school level. For the most part my children felt welcome - but the majority of the kids are not military (though the numbers are growing) and local names do rule! If I had to choose again, I would still chose Trexler over all the Onslow county middle schools.

Last modified Trexler Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.