Posted October 11, 2013
This will my son's 2nd year here at RPS. His kindergarten teacher and her teacher assistant were wonderful (there are not adjectives to describe them). When my son was having problems with understanding something, they gave him the one on one attention needed. There was a very open line communication between the parents and teacher/teacher assistant. There is one AMAZING teacher that I have much respect for. This is not his teacher, but she took the time to help him feel independent and want to do things for himself. When he sees her, he lights up and gives her hugs. We are almost into our 2nd month for this year. So far, I am very pleased with his teacher and teacher assistant. They are very encouraging with independent and cooperative learning. When I saw the school counselor and one of the teachers were there when my oldest son was 5 years old was impressive. He is now 16 years old, both remember him. This tells me the employees are very loyal and believe in longevity. I know this review is a bit long, but I want people to know that this is a GREAT school and I feel this way. Some parents may not agree, but you need to form your opinion.

Posted September 12, 2013
I'm glad to have my child at RPS. His teacher this year is pushing him above his grade level and that's exciting to see him being challenged. She is doing a awesome job, so far. And I'm excited about the rest of the year. I don't know much about the new principal. So I will not rate him/ her at this time. I did luv the principals they had last year. And am going to miss them. I wish all the teachers were like Mrs. Parks. She's the best.

Posted June 02, 2013
My daughter is ending her 1st grade year and is upset about school ending. Last year she had an amazing kindergarten teacher here and this year her first grade teacher is just as amazing. I am extremely upset that we will be moving out of the area for next school year. This school is by far the best in Onslow County. Parking is a little conjested in the morning and afternoon pick ups but that has nothing to do with the staff, I usually drop my child off around 7:35 to avoid it. I have never seen teachers so happy every morning to help the kids out the cars, and giving the hugs and high fives?!? What child wouldn't want to start there day with smiling faces? I also like that the kids have a "spirit week" and "Dr. Seuss week" where the faculty/staff dress as silly as the kids. AMAZING School, if I had more than 5 stars Mrs. Batchelor and her staff would definately receive everyone!

Richlands Primary 3

Posted September 21, 2012
The principal has a tendency to overreact to certain situation. I love how she shows up when there is a problem! Some principal will just send someone else to do the dirty work. I would love to see teachers and administrators who are not standing in the halls in the morning gossiping about parents and students. My child told me that one of the 2nd grade teachers is always yelling or being uncordial to some of her students. I happen to hear her one day while visiting. It is unacceptable to get yelled at because you make one wrong move or merely ask a question. Fearing that you might get yelled at, by your teacher, doesn't lead to an environment that is conducive for learning. Sometimes teachers have to self-reflect and ask themselves is this really the job for me!

Richlands Primary 1

Posted September 13, 2012
Horrible!! The school is over crowded...pick up and drop off is a nightmare because of extremely poor planning ! The leadership is very poor and there is no real communication from the staff. Heard these school were very good, but am very disappointed:(

Posted April 18, 2012
My kids have been in multiple schools in Onslow County and RPS is by far the best!

Posted January 30, 2012
Both of my daughters have attended this school and I was very pleased with the teachers and staff that taught my girls. My daughters worked at a more advance stage than most of the children in their grade level in order for the girls not to get bored the teacher would give them challenging assignments. I also volunteer in the class rooms and the thing I loved the most is that the teachers would go above and beyond to teach all their students whether they need more help or worked on a faster pace.

Richlands Primary 4

Posted October 12, 2010
Love the teachers. The office/admin needs some higher service level... But our teacher has been amazing!!!

Posted October 08, 2008
We love this school. We recently moved to the area and are so impressed with their program.

Posted July 16, 2008
I am very inpressed with teh teahers and the staff. I bought a house in Richlands because I was impressed with the fact that my kindergardner would only be going to school with up to 2nd grader in which I feel is a better peer make up.

Richlands Primary
7444 Richlands Highway, Richlands, NC  28574
Last modified Richlands Primary is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Richlands Primary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.