Posted September 14, 2011
We are 2 weeks into the year and my daughter has displayed angry and emotional sides of her we have never seen since she started school here. I have had a bad vibe about the teacher for her More at Four class since the first day and I tried hard to just let it go and assume she was stressed about something. But I realized today she just has a general dislike for children it seems. I don't know how she speaks to other children but my grandmother witnessed her speaking to my 4 year old in a very harsh and ugly manner and I have had enough. My daughter was in preschool in Wilmington and I have never had the issues I am facing now at her old school. Any discipline issues where positively and politely brought directly to my attention or other parents and children were never belittled or put down in front of a room full of people. I feel if you don't care for children or lack the compassion and empathy to deal with them then don't be a teacher!

Acme Delco Elementary 4

Posted March 24, 2009
I was fortunate to have a child to attend Acme Delco Elementary School. I found the teachers to be very knowledgeable in the content area and very caring. The school is well organized and has a great leader as a principal as well as great teacher leaders. The school is a very safe and orderly school. Students feel safe and believe that their teachers care about their eduation. Parents are always welcomed at the school and know that their opinions are always valued.

Acme Delco Elementary 5

Posted September 04, 2008
I am a parent of an Acme Delco Elementary School student. My son was in kindergarden last year and this year he is in 1st grade. I am very impressed with this school. His teachers last year were awesome. Luckily this year the school had to change some classes around to accomodate all the students so he has the same teachers he had last year. I was a little concerned about 1st grade untill I found out who his teachers were going to be. Ms. Ham & Ms. Keaton are the best teachers I've ever met. I am very proud that my son is part of Acme Delco Elementary School. All the staff that I've met, treats the students equally and fairly. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants their children to be in a safe and good school environment.

Posted September 16, 2005
I think this school is deplorable at best. I transferred my son to this school near the end of the school year last year because gas prices were too high to continue driving him to another district, i had kept him there because of better school atmosphere. He was held back because of the school and teacher's inadequacy in making sure he was learning what was being taught. There is no one on one with students..Nor any tutoring available to those who would greatly improve with this type of help. I enrolled my other children in roger bacon academy and unfortunately could not get him enrolled this year...Yet! i'm still trying and as soon as i get the ok he is out of acme delco elementary and into a more stable and caring school atmosphere!!! please don't send your children to this school..It is unworthy of being called a school!

Posted November 17, 2004

Posted October 08, 2004
This school is in a run down condition. There are no tutors or extra help for students. The teachers do not have aides and the class sizes are to big. The 'no student left behind' rule does not apply. There is a lack of control on all issues pertaining to this school. Parents concerns that are brought to the school and the Board of Education are not answered or offered a solution. Overall it would be better to homeschool than to send your child here!

Acme Delco Elementary
16337 Old Lake Road, Riegelwood, NC  28456
Last modified Acme Delco Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Acme Delco Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.