Posted February 25, 2009
I graduated Roanoke High in 2007. I enjoyed my 4 years of education there. I think the school is okay. It needs a lot of improvement. The clubs are just considered stuff to do just to get out of class, uniforms are taken more serious than the education. There are not enough classes that would help broaden the strength of students. When I entered college a program called photoshop was introduced to me in a class. Other students was ahead because Roanoke didn't teach a beginners class on that program. I felt embarrassed. On that note all the big classes like history math they had good teachers. Teachers who cared, Teachers who had morals. Some officials didn't care. I went to in school suspension once my whole time there. I was on the outside looking in on the disciplinary actions taken place.(nonsense) Other than i got my diploma. Try it yourself

Roanoke High 0

Posted February 19, 2009
Roanoke is a school I am not planning on sending my grand children. I have a tenth grader and soon to be a rising freshmen and I had a lof of trouble when my other child attended. It was so bad, the concern for students, the unfairly disciplinary action, until I had to with draw my child. They were and still are more focused on uniform policy than the education and learning of the students. The principal is so unfair, so are some of the faculty. I,m so glad God searches the heart and not the outward appearance.

Posted February 01, 2009
My son will graduate Roanoke high school this May The teachers and staff of roanoke are remarkable. My Son has Aspergers which is a form of Autism ,I was not sure he would ever graduate much less make honor roll . My great appreciation goes out to former principal Vickie Dixon and to present principal Dennis Hart and to the other teachers at Roanoke High School for the support and understanding over the last four years. Some people who believe that school adminastrators need to be strict but they need to be fair too.

Posted March 25, 2008

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted December 21, 2007

Posted November 19, 2007

Posted August 22, 2007
Roanoke has the ability to grow. It can be a great school if the Board of Education would support them. All of the support in the county usually goes to Williamston HS due to their size. As a Roanoke graduate, the teachers were amazing. Yes, its true, if you didn't care to learn anything you would think they teachers disliked you. If you showed effort, you would have no problem getting along. We did have discipline problems at Roanoke however it was no where near the levels that other people in the county thought. Roanoke's reputation is that its full of troublemakers. Truth is, we had less trouble than the other schools in the county. Overall, Roanoke is a good school with a bad reputation because of its location.

Roanoke High 3

Posted December 12, 2005
Roanoke has a nice facility, but when it comes to a high level of learning, sadly that's where Roanoke lacks. They don't offer the classes that will allow the students to achieve more with there education. The athletics has a great history, but the clubs aren't really taken seriously. There are a lot of better schools surrounding Roanoke.

Roanoke High 3

Posted January 27, 2005
- a former student
I graduated from Roanoke a little while ago. The education requirements were low. There a few good teachers at Roanoke--ones that truly care about the students and their education. I visit the school from time to time now. Nothing has changed much though. The principal is not in tough with the students at all. The education provided there is just enough. Roanoke is not the worst school in the world, but it is the overlooked school in Martin County. I would suggest enrolling your child in another school like Williamston High because that school gets the most attention by the Martin County Board of Education.

Roanoke High
21077 North Carolina 903, Robersonville, NC  27871
Last modified Roanoke High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roanoke High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.