Rocky Mount, NC

J W Parker Middle 5

Posted August 24, 2009
Parker is an awesome school and I am blessed to go here. The principal, Mr. Davis, enforces strict discipline. I love being around the loving students and staff. Peace!

Posted July 27, 2009
Mr. Davis makes the difference at this school. Teachers are adequate. I understand that teachers have a difficult job but i believe many of the teachers in 'inner city' schools could stand some diversity training. I've never been able to abide people saying that a kid is bad. A behavior may be bad. Calling a kid 'bad' eyes just becomes a self-fulfilling. My kid was called 'Bad', and was expelled from one school after the next but i appreciate Mr. Davis working with him and helping him to complete 8th grade.

J W Parker Middle

Posted August 12, 2007
Excellelnt principle and teachers. Four stars.

Posted July 11, 2007
After serving over 22 years in the military and moving my kids from school to school, I have found that Parker middle has taken more time to help my child when other so called DOD schools would easily give up. I commend the teachers for the hard work they put into each child, but I do agree with others in the statement of over diciplinary procedures. Yes send a child home if he is volient,direspectful or just down right disruptive..but not for having his/her agenda signed. Parents work hard also and sometimes forget, be more patient and helpful rather than so quick to send a child home to do nothing.

J W Parker Middle 1

Posted May 17, 2007
There are people there that try their hardest there although they are far out-weighed by the inadequate. The worst allocation adjunctly this school is that it is ran more like a dictatorship rather than a school, where children are scared into doing what is right. The bottom line comes down to, if they were as quick to teach as they are to punish the school would easily be the best in NC.

Posted May 17, 2005
I really believed that Parker Middle School is probably one of the best middle schools in the area with a hard working staff. My children and my grandchildren have went to this school. I think it is one of the best because it has had a principal that has stood the test of time. He's from the 'old school' and he has moral values. This is something we need more of these days, moral values. There is one thing I believe that Parker needs however is, another way of discipline students beside sending them home to do nothing. They need to be punished by giving something back for their misbehavior in school.

J W Parker Middle
1500 East Virginia Street, Rocky Mount, NC  27801
Last modified J W Parker Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J W Parker Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top